O's Top 10 Constitutional Violations Of 2013

"Discretion in enforcing the law" is saying, "Littering isn't as vital a concern to public safety as murder, and therefore we will not put as much manpower onto littering task forces as we do hunting down serial killers". It is NOT "The law says THIS, but fuck it, we're going to do this instead".

Good thing what you're suggesting is not happening here. If the Executive decided to put zero manpower into littering, that would still be a simple act of discretion. If the Congress levies a tax, but the Executive declines to collect said tax, that is a matter of exercising their discretion.

Sorry, Sparkles, but you're wrong all the way around. Simply not enforcing the law at all is NOT "simple discretion". The Constitution says the President's job is to uphold the law, not choose which ones to uphold and which ones to ignore. Discretion is setting priorities and methods, not approving or disapproving. The time for THAT was when he had a chance to veto the law.

And I honestly don't give a flying fuck whether or not you "support" him rewriting laws on the fly to suit himself or not.

Since you cannot honestly address the matter, nothing you say on the matter has any relevance. Nobody has rewritten any law. If you go read the law, you will say that they all still say the exact same thing. Go away and come back when you're ready to start conducting yourself like an adult. Because saying things like

You halfwit drooling leftists

.... is not only the epitome of puerile (in your case I suppose we should call it "puellate") behavior, it is patently false.

Again, sorry, Sparkles, but "honest" is not defined as "agreeing with your worldview". The law very clearly sets out deadlines in actual calendar dates. It does NOT say, "Or, you know, whenever Obama feels like". Therefore, changing those clear calendar deadlines IS "rewriting the law". And speaking of peurile, that whole "He didn't change the law; the words on the paper are still the same" argument is too ridiculous for my five-year-old to come up with. I'm embarrassed for your entire existence on the Earth at this point. If I were you, I would seriously be thinking about suicide right now.

No, the president is supposed to execute the laws. Obama is not executing the laws. He is making law. That is unconstitutional and violates the separation of powers basis for the government,
Article 2, Section 3: he (the president) shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed

The Administrative Procedure Act recognized that there are legitimate reasons for delaying a law and recognizes that unreasonable delays are illegal.

You're welcome to your opinion although I doubt the courts are likely to agree with you because Congress has given the president a lot of description in implementing and interpreting laws.

Republicans have done everything possible to subvert the law and then call it unconstitutional when Obama does exactly what they have been trying to do.

Saying I will not enforce a law is not faithfully executing it. Sorry.
Another flop.
And when did he say that?

.....I'm embarrassed for your entire existence on the Earth at this point. If I were you, I would seriously be thinking about suicide right now.

Actually, the embarrassing thing is to recommend suicide to someone, simply because you dislike their opinion. Maybe one day you'll be able to enter the grown up world and learn how to actually cope with people disagreeing with you in a healthy and constructive way.

Actually the far left Obama drone (you) is comparing Obama to Bush.

However you have shown with your own link that Bush was far more tame than Obama.

Leave it to the far left mindset to think they have proven otherwise.

Bush made clear in his signing statements he did not feel he needed to follow the laws passed by Congress.

Were any of you demanding his impeachment for that?

Didn't think so.

A great many of us were (and still are) pissed at Bush.

Obama and Carter are the only reason he isn't the worst president ever.

Forum List

Back