Orwellian Obama Administration Calls for “Reeducation”

She's obviously not using "re-education" in the hysterical sense you're all implying, so I don't get the fuss. Be real with yourselves for five fucking seconds, Jesus Christ.

By "re-education" she's so glaringly obviously pointing to correcting misinformation, about the bill. She's not indicating a forced brain wash, camps, etc. etc. Dry your panties for cripe's sakes.

I asked you in my thread what possible spin on this word could possibly justify it being used by any government official anywhere, did you ever answer?

She's obviously not using "re-education" in the hysterical sense you're all implying, so I don't get the fuss. Be real with yourselves for five fucking seconds, Jesus Christ.

By "re-education" she's so glaringly obviously pointing to correcting misinformation, about the bill. She's not indicating a forced brain wash, camps, etc. etc. Dry your panties for cripe's sakes.
QFT

The right will take the easy way out and say "See, this proves Obama is really a commie!" but that only serves for entertainment value.

Actually, it just shows how out of touch his administration is. That does not make him a communist, it does make him arrogant and stupid though.

I asked you in my thread what possible spin on this word could possibly justify it being used by any government official anywhere, did you ever answer?

post #37 in this thread does fine.

Do you want me to put in the transfer slip to move this to Conspiracy Theories or do you want to do that on your own?

Did a high ranking member of the Obama administration not use that exact term???

Come now - don't initiate your own conspiracy as a defense mechanism for you apologetic stance favoring the mishaps of Obama Inc...:eusa_angel:

It's only a mishap if you take the route of being disengenuous about her remarks.

When someone inherits information, they learn, or become educated.

Whenn the information is incorrect, correcting it would be correctly classified as re-educating.

This is actually quite a complex use of the English Language to the Nekked Partisan eyeball, I realize, but perhaps you need your English skiznills to be'z re-edumacated?

No, that would be called education. Reeducation is a term that is only applied by governments that want to teach people to accept their version of propaganda. It boggles my mind that you are trying to pass this off as anything else than what it seems on the surface, or a completely stupid statement by an idiot politician. I would agree with and applaud the latter, the fact that you are trying the former shows me just how far divorced from reality progressives have become.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Reeducation_through_labor

I don't even know what this means :eusa_eh:
There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected].
Facts Are Stubborn Things | The White House

That's a useful resource.

I know, I reported my own "misinformation" about the health care law, including the fact that it will not reverse the Medicare cuts like our illustrious Secretary of Re Education claims.

Well, you assume I'm a progressive without even knowing my first fucking name, that shows how partisan you've become and how obsessed with "us vs. them" you've become. If I disagree with you on something, I'm "them," oh noes.

Although I agree with you, perhaps she should have chosen a different word since only an idiot would not realize that choosing that word would lead to accusations of her being a proponent of brainwashing the President's opponents.

Immie

Exactly. This is the only possible innocent interpretation of this comment, yet these guys are insisting that it is perfectly acceptable terminology.

Rabbi, I disagree. I'm not that much of a cynic.

You disagree what? That she said it? That she used a word with totalitarian meanings? That she is eitehr stupid or venal? What other possibility is there?

I disagree that she used it with totalitarian meaning, and also disagree that it's stupid. I know what re-education means in the context she's using it, and I also know the totalitarian meaning, and I can pretty simply decipher between the two when observing the surrounding context. In fact, she's using the #1 definition of the word reeducation, –verb (used with object), -cat·ed, -cat·ing.
1. to educate again, as for new purposes.

As for whether or not she knew that mouth-frothers would take this and run with it, she probably did know that. Shit, I know if I were her, I know you all would be easy to get a rise out of thus provide some personal entertainment and I'd be doing this shit to you ALL THE TIME. You deserve it, for being such a cynical sadistic bastard.

Bawws in yo mouff

Last edited:
How does this surprise anyone. Liberals have always thought the only reason we reject their ideas is because we are stupid.

of course they want to re educate us, because apparently they failed the first time with their stranglehold on our schools and higher education and all.

You disagree what? That she said it? That she used a word with totalitarian meanings? That she is eitehr stupid or venal? What other possibility is there?

I disagree that she used it with totalitarian meaning, and also disagree that it's stupid. I know what re-education means in the context she's using it, and I also know the totalitarian meaning, and I can pretty simply decipher between the two when observing the surrounding context. In fact, she's using the #1 definition of the word reeducation, –verb (used with object), -cat·ed, -cat·ing.

As for whether or not she knew that mouth-frothers would take this and run with it, she probably did know that. Shit, I know if I were her, I know you all would be easy to get a rise out of thus provide some personal entertainment and I'd be doing this shit to you ALL THE TIME. You deserve it, for being such a cynical sadistic bastard.

Bawws in yo mouff
...will get bitten off.

Your move.

How does this surprise anyone. Liberals have always thought the only reason we reject their ideas is because we are stupid.

of course they want to re educate us, because apparently they failed the first time with their stranglehold on our schools and higher education and all.
Thoughtcrime, anyone?

The Right sees 1984 as a warning. The Left sees it as a roadmap.

Bawws in yo mouff
...will get bitten off.

Your move.

They were Ronald Reagan's bawws, in yo mouff. Your move.:eek:

Although I agree with you, perhaps she should have chosen a different word since only an idiot would not realize that choosing that word would lead to accusations of her being a proponent of brainwashing the President's opponents.

Immie

I'm not a proponent of people filtering their speech because other people are either unintelligent or lack integrity.

Neither am I. The problem here that there is no innocent application of this term that applies. It would be the equivalent of a conservative wanting to set up camps to help settle immigrants into American life, something I would hope everyone would oppose, or using racist language in an inappropriate setting. There is no way to spin this so it sounds innocent to anyone who understands the term. I guess some children might not get the connotations, but everyone over the age of 30 should.

Forum List

Back