Orwellian Obama Administration Calls for “Reeducation”

She's obviously not using "re-education" in the hysterical sense you're all implying, so I don't get the fuss. Be real with yourselves for five fucking seconds, Jesus Christ.

By "re-education" she's so glaringly obviously pointing to correcting misinformation, about the bill. She's not indicating a forced brain wash, camps, etc. etc. Dry your panties for cripe's sakes.

I asked you in my thread what possible spin on this word could possibly justify it being used by any government official anywhere, did you ever answer?

post #37 in this thread does fine.

No, it just indicates your refusal to accept that politicians are arrogant and believe they know more about the needs of common folk than the people who actually live their own lives. You claim the mantle of not being a cynic like it is a good thing.

Well, you assume I'm a progressive without even knowing my first fucking name, that shows how partisan you've become and how obsessed with "us vs. them" you've become. If I disagree with you on something, I'm "them," oh noes.

Really?

I am just assuming you are ignorant about the dangers of government. That does not put you in the them camp, even if it does preclude your membership in the us camp.

Well, you assume I'm a progressive without even knowing my first fucking name, that shows how partisan you've become and how obsessed with "us vs. them" you've become. If I disagree with you on something, I'm "them," oh noes.

Really?

I am just assuming you are ignorant about the dangers of government. That does not put you in the them camp, even if it does preclude your membership in the us camp.

You're just beiong obtuse. Her statement has nothing to do with the dangers of Government, I'm not skurred.

Is this some of that intelligent leftist discussion I've been hearing so much about?

I'm not a leftist...
Uh huh.
...and I don't know, do you "bite balls off" often?>
No one's ever been stupid enough to put their balls in my mouth. Why, you offering?

I've never tea bagged anyone, no. Everything on a message board referring to physical anything is symbolism, because it's words on an electronic device, not 4th dimension.

Rabbi, I disagree. I'm not that much of a cynic.

You disagree what? That she said it? That she used a word with totalitarian meanings? That she is eitehr stupid or venal? What other possibility is there?

I disagree that she used it with totalitarian meaning, and also disagree that it's stupid. I know what re-education means in the context she's using it, and I also know the totalitarian meaning, and I can pretty simply decipher between the two when observing the surrounding context. In fact, she's using the #1 definition of the word reeducation, –verb (used with object), -cat·ed, -cat·ing.
1. to educate again, as for new purposes.

As for whether or not she knew that mouth-frothers would take this and run with it, she probably did know that. Shit, I know if I were her, I know you all would be easy to get a rise out of thus provide some personal entertainment and I'd be doing this shit to you ALL THE TIME. You deserve it, for being such a cynical sadistic bastard.

Do you disagree that the word "re-education" has been used in specific contexts that connote communist totalitarian states? If I use the words "ole Massa" does that not have a specific connotation?

You disagree what? That she said it? That she used a word with totalitarian meanings? That she is eitehr stupid or venal? What other possibility is there?

I disagree that she used it with totalitarian meaning, and also disagree that it's stupid. I know what re-education means in the context she's using it, and I also know the totalitarian meaning, and I can pretty simply decipher between the two when observing the surrounding context. In fact, she's using the #1 definition of the word reeducation, –verb (used with object), -cat·ed, -cat·ing.

As for whether or not she knew that mouth-frothers would take this and run with it, she probably did know that. Shit, I know if I were her, I know you all would be easy to get a rise out of thus provide some personal entertainment and I'd be doing this shit to you ALL THE TIME. You deserve it, for being such a cynical sadistic bastard.

Do you disagree that the word "re-education" has been used in specific contexts that connote communist totalitarian states? If I use the words "ole Massa" does that not have a specific connotation?

Yes, I agree. But that doesn't mean that that's the exclusive meaning of the word. and I feel that #1, she figured people would be intelligent enough to decipher that she's obviously referring to the misinformation that's being spread, and #2, a second effect, is that she gets a rise out of mouth frothers. It's a win win.

The truth is, "Most Republicans think education is BAD".

6% baby, 6%.

You guys do nothing to disprove that. Actually, you "underscore" that "fact".

You supporting re education does not surprise me in the least.

Of course. Leftism has to be forced on people.

You don't really believe the right wing promotes any education that's worthwhile. Not really. You may be bitter for some reason, but if you are honest, you know that the American Right Wing is anti education. It's all "liberal" and "elitist". It's just a piece of paper. Who wants it?

You supporting re education does not surprise me in the least.

You don't really believe the right wing promotes any education that's worthwhile. Not really. You may be bitter for some reason, but if you are honest, you know that the American Right Wing is anti education. It's all "liberal" and "elitist". It's just a piece of paper. Who wants it?

Here's how it works with you:

1. You make a bigoted statement.

2. When asked for proof, you make another bigoted statement and call it "proof".

:lol: You do realize, don't you, that the only thing you're proving is that you're a bigot?

No. I don't think you do. :lol:

2. When asked for proof, you make another bigoted statement and call it "proof".

:lol: You do realize, don't you, that the only thing you're proving is that you're a bigot?

"leftism has to be forced on people" in the same breath talking about bigoted statements. Somebody buy this guy a beer.

Yes, I agree. But that doesn't mean that that's the exclusive meaning of the word. and I feel that #1, she figured people would be intelligent enough to decipher that she's obviously referring to the misinformation that's being spread, and #2, a second effect, is that she gets a rise out of mouth frothers. It's a win win.

WHat do you mean "the exclusive meaning of the word." WE aren't talking about denotative but connotative. DO you disagree the word has connotations of authoritarianism?

WHat do you mean "the exclusive meaning of the word." WE aren't talking about denotative but connotative. DO you disagree the word has connotations of authoritarianism?

I already agreed that "yes it does, but they're not always implied." That's what I said, paraphrased for you. 9/11 doesn't always mean a terrorist attack, either. It's what people call in case of an emergency, also.

I already agreed that "yes it does, but they're not always implied." That's what I said, paraphrased for you. 9/11 doesn't always mean a terrorist attack, either. It's what people call in case of an emergency, also.

OK, so anyone using the term "re-education" has to be aware the word connotes a strong authoritarian regime. It is inseparable from the word. Much as if I use the term "master race". Or any other such thing.
So the question is why Sibelius would use a word with such a loaded meaning. Is she trying to undermine the Obama Administration, reducing their credibility? Does she really subscribe to the idea that the "the masses" (another loaded term) need "re-education" to fit in with the "brave new world" (yet another loaded term)?
If you think it was just to tweak the right wing, does Sibelius have a history or reputation of being funny or clever? Is it the job of the HHS Secretary to engage in that kind of partisan jousting in official business?

"leftism has to be forced on people" in the same breath talking about bigoted statements. Somebody buy this guy a beer.
What's wrong with what I said?

She's obviously not using "re-education" in the hysterical sense you're all implying, so I don't get the fuss. Be real with yourselves for five fucking seconds, Jesus Christ.

By "re-education" she's so glaringly obviously pointing to correcting misinformation, about the bill. She's not indicating a forced brain wash, camps, etc. etc. Dry your panties for cripe's sakes.

Word

It is an interesting choices of words...... I'm thinking "we need to a better job of explaining our agenda" would be better than "re-education". They do seem to have a propensity for using some outmoded Mao-like lingo.

I'm not ready to start stocking up on canned goods and ammo just yet though.

Just me.

It is an interesting choices of words...... I'm thinking "we need to a better job of explaining our agenda" would be better than "re-education". They do seem to have a propensity for using some outmoded Mao-like lingo.

I'm not ready to start stocking up on canned goods and ammo just yet though.

Just me.

____

Agreed - dumb choice of words, especially from such a high-ranking Obama official.

Orwellian Obama Administration Calls for “Reeducation” | Newsflavor

Forum List

Back