O'Reilly puts the nail in the coffin

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
oh man--listen to this shit--all of the sudden Oreiilly is a good guy ~

If you look at people as objects (republican, fox news), then you are going to serious hate the guy. You dehumanize yourself toward this objects. The same way groups are trying to dehumanize us on the issue of abortion.

O'Reilly is independent. Something that all Americans should look into.

He is so not independent.

I told a guy this morning that when I first saw Bill O'Reilly he tried to pretend to be independent. He even went on Howard Stern and really tried to show himself as a fair and balanced guy.

The guy I was telling this to said, "no way".

So I followed Bill's path from Inside Edition to now and I can tell you, he is no independent. It took the Republicans and the economy to COMPLETELY fall apart before he ever said anything against the GOP.

But you Americans have such short memories. You have forgotten all of the things the GOP has done to the country from 2000-2006. Heck, even I forget. It is hard to remember everything that took place after 9-11, but it was all bullshit. The Republicans used the crisis to push their radical agenda. Most people didn't know it was happening. I did. And many people, like Bill O'Reilly, either denied or defended all the bad things the GOP did to this country. Now it is all collapsing and they are resorting to trying to blame the Democrats.

And I don't like people suggesting that the dems are just as responsible, because they are not. Place the blame where it belongs. Carter sucked, we voted him out. The Democratic congress of the 80's sucked, we voted them out. The GOP congress of 2006 sucked so we voted them out.

It is time to give the GOP a little break. After 30 years of deregulations, I don't think we can teach John McCain any new tricks. It is time to put him out to pasture. This is the 21st century grandpa.

He is so not independent.

I told a guy this morning that when I first saw Bill O'Reilly he tried to pretend to be independent. He even went on Howard Stern and really tried to show himself as a fair and balanced guy.

The guy I was telling this to said, "no way".

So I followed Bill's path from Inside Edition to now and I can tell you, he is no independent. It took the Republicans and the economy to COMPLETELY fall apart before he ever said anything against the GOP.

But you Americans have such short memories. You have forgotten all of the things the GOP has done to the country from 2000-2006. Heck, even I forget. It is hard to remember everything that took place after 9-11, but it was all bullshit. The Republicans used the crisis to push their radical agenda. Most people didn't know it was happening. I did. And many people, like Bill O'Reilly, either denied or defended all the bad things the GOP did to this country. Now it is all collapsing and they are resorting to trying to blame the Democrats.

And I don't like people suggesting that the dems are just as responsible, because they are not. Place the blame where it belongs. Carter sucked, we voted him out. The Democratic congress of the 80's sucked, we voted them out. The GOP congress of 2006 sucked so we voted them out.

It is time to give the GOP a little break. After 30 years of deregulations, I don't think we can teach John McCain any new tricks. It is time to put him out to pasture. This is the 21st century grandpa.

Obviously your opinion on the guy will never change. It is a built-in mechanism that all humans share. If we were all open-minded, we wouldn't be stuck between two (similar) parties who separate themselves on key issues. Why? Distinguish between the similar.

Surprisingly.

Think Progress O’Reilly: The current ‘economic chaos…is the end of President Bush’s legacy.’

And the vast majority of Americans think McCain will be a continuation of Bush.

:D

Must be why McCain is campaigning on what would have been different right now if he were President, specific regulatory changes he would make as President -and said the head of the SEC should be fired for his failure to protect the interests of the people of this country. Bush is standing by the guy instead. Yeah Bush and McCain are just two peas in a pod on this one, aren't they?

In the meantime all I hear from Obama are ZERO specifics about ANY of it at all except USELESS whining insisting this is entirely Bush's fault (while ignoring the fact it is his own two top economic "advisors" who made MILLIONS off of it by exploiting existing law and existing gaps in the law for personal gain all at taxpayer expense -not Bush.) It might make his supporters feel better to hear him bash the person they have been foaming at the mouth about for years now -but it contributes NOTHING constructive whatsoever. At some point you Obama whackos are going to wake up and realize that simply running around ranting about Bush is not the same thing as actually DOING something constructive whatsoever -or that being able to criticize Bush doesn't impart any wisdom, experience or necessary skill to do it ANY BETTER! Being a critic is the EASY part.

His supporters have no problem that Obama also omitted the fact that what started it all were the bad decisions made by these very same two former Fannie Mae execs who walked off with MILLIONS that he now pays to be his TOP economic "advisors", one of which also went to Lehman's to do the same thing to that company before walking off with many more millions -but also failed to mention that Fannie Mae has subsidized his campaign! No need for people to know that, huh?

To listen to Obama talk about his nonexistent economic "genius", he's giving no specifics of any kind except the LUDICROUS suggestion that if he's elected our market will never experience another downturn -ever again in history! LOL He just comes up empty when it comes to the specifics of just how he's going to do that -much less how that could possibly even be true!

I'm sorry a campaign heavily financed by the very institution that started this mess with two top economic "advisors" that made sure to personally profit to the tune of MILLIONS and MILLIONS at taxpayer expense - is NOT the kind of "change" people are looking for. It would only mean giving MORE power and influence to the very people with a known track record of greed and corruption by exploiting the law for their own personal gain. The balls of this man trying to con people by claiming to represent "change" when he is playing the same game of "scratch my back and I'll scratch yours and lets all make a profit while we do" that so many in Congress are playing at the expense of taxpayers in the first place -makes me want to puke.

That he chose as his VP a man who feels quite comfortable LYING and slandering the man who was a victim in the car crash that was actually caused by his first wife -shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. How ANYONE could be so soulless as to do that for personal political gain and still sleep at night is beyond me. But it speaks VOLUMES about his character -he defines the meaning of deceptive, cold, calculating, manipulative, self-serving and callous. Which is why Obama's newest ad is a flat out lie and deceit as well, taking Rush Limbaugh's words entirely out of context when he was speaking on an ENTIRELY UNRELATED subject than immigration -trying to tie McCain to Limbaugh and also lying to the public that Limbaugh said Mexician immigrants were "stupid and uneducated" and they should "shut up or get out". (The "stupid and uneducated" comment when he was talking about NAFTA and what opponents to NAFTA believed about those doing the jobs here that left this country to another one. The "shut up or get out" comment was Limbaugh's description of MEXICO's immigration laws and how THEY treated even their LEGAL immigrants. It was not a comment directed at ANY immigrant to this country, legal or not. And McCain had nothing to do with ANY of Limbaugh's comments on any level anyway!) This is a DELIBERATE deceit Obama is foisting off on the public -goes to show his own morality about slandering and lying about another person for personal political gain as well.

Biden had the balls to "lecture" people that paying higher taxes was actually a form of "patriotism"? What an a-hole. Since Ted Kennedy has voted for EVERY SINGLE tax increase that has come up for a vote in the Senate his entire career and without a single exception -he must be one of the most "patriotic" Americans then, right? Which sure explains why he keeps his own money in offshore accounts so he can avoid those higher taxes he has ALWAYS voted to inflict on other Americans. Who knows where Biden keeps his money, but I'd be willing to bet my own taxes for a year that he has figured out how to exploit loopholes not available to the average American in order to prevent himself from having to actually express much of that "patriotism" he thinks should be forced on the rest of us too.

This Democrat-controlled Congress has one of the lowest approval ratings in history, if not THE lowest. Lower than Bush's. And they earned it and deserve it. It has accomplished NOTHING even though in control of Congress for SIX YEARS. Congress has the oversight of regulatory bodies involved in this financial mess. Even Bush repeatedly tried to get them to pass more stringent regulations warning them this might happen if they didn't! A President can't sign anything unless Congress first passes it! So sure -its Bush's fault here and Democrats claim to have clean hands when they are filthy. LOL And naturally Obama's "cure" for Bush is to replace him with two of those in control of a Congress with an even worse approval rating than the guy they want to replace. Sick joke, huh?

It's unbelievable that OReilly would say this now.

We have been saying it for EIGHT YEARS!

It's unbelievable that OReilly would say this now.

We have been saying it for EIGHT YEARS!

Well, be honest, you guys just got around to realizing the Clintons were idiots. What took ya so long?

Obviously your opinion on the guy will never change. It is a built-in mechanism that all humans share. If we were all open-minded, we wouldn't be stuck between two (similar) parties who separate themselves on key issues. Why? Distinguish between the similar.

Sorry, but I believed him at first. It was his words that made me change my mind.

I also thought the same thing about Glen Beck.

I didn't think these guys were right wing tools at first. I listened to them talk and then I decided.

Now nothing they can say will change my mind because I know how they really feel.

Arianna Huffington & Ed Schultz used to be conservatives. I didn't know them back then and today they are both liberal.

People do change their minds.

But O'Reilly is not an independent just because you want it to be so.

The GOP moved the liberal vs conservative meter to the right over the last few years. What used to be called independent/moderate is now considered liberal. So maybe O'Reilly is moderate on Bush's scale, but not mine.

Forum List

Back