Order your one cent Whopper... at McDonald's...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Burger King Is Giving Out Whoppers for 1 Cent… at ‘McDonald’s’

Burger King is giving away (almost) free Whoppers on Tuesday, but instead of pulling up in one of its royal drive-thrus, you’ll have to go to a McDonald’s to get it first. No, this isn’t a hunger-induced mirage.

Here’s the deal: The fast food chain is celebrating its newly revamped mobile app by serving up Whoppers for just one cent each as part of what’s dubbed the “Whopper Detour.” The catch is that you have to use the app to order your one-cent Whopper while in the immediate vicinity of a McDonald’s restaurant. Clever, huh? The way it works is simple, even if you’re not well-versed in cheeseburger tech.

Burger King geofenced McDonald’s locations all across the country, so when you open the Burger King app close enough to one of Mickey D’s decidedly Whopper-free eateries during the promotion, the app will unlock the one-cent Whopper deal. After you place your order, you’ll be “detoured” away from McDonald’s to the nearest Burger King to pick up your penny prize.

What assholes. :lol:

Great so you get a cold squashed Whopper delivered to your car.

I still can't believe people eat that shit

Great so you get a cold squashed Whopper delivered to your car.

I still can't believe people eat that shit

Screw you. Fast food is the best thing God ever created. God created pussy and fast food. Everything else was an afterthought.

Once they get near McDonald's, they will probably just go to McDonald's.

I drive past two or three McDonald's every day, and there's a Burger King two minutes down the street from my house. I could order a one cent Whopper, and be home eating it in twenty minutes. :D

Once they get near McDonald's, they will probably just go to McDonald's.

I drive past two or three McDonald's every day, and there's a Burger King two minutes down the street from my house. I could order a one cent Whopper, and be home eating it in twenty minutes. :D

McDonald's hamburgers are much better, but yea, kind of expensive.

Don't even get me started on their fries. I'm so glad Michael Keaton robbed those brothers of their life's work. I think it was Michael Keaton. :dunno:

Go To MacDonalds, order a shake, then order your one cent whopper. Then leave Burger King to pick up your large fry for $1 at Wendy's.

It would be great if McDonald's response was, "Throw a brick through the window of your local Burger King. Free Big Macs for life." :lol:

The last decent FF here in New Orleans was Popeyes... that's gone to shit. Guess Why? It was purchased by Burger King.

The last decent FF here in New Orleans was Popeyes... that's gone to shit. Guess Why? It was purchased by Burger King.
I haven’t noticed any decline in Popeyes. But Burger King is trash.

And agreed. They tore down most of the BK's here and rebuilt some. I had hoped there'd be a resurgence as I am old enough to remember when BK was good stuff.

I tried it after they rebuilt one by my house. Same old trash.

Forum List

Back