Opposed to Prop 8 - You're Gay!

Notice how they say there is not much data on the subject Lonestar? How about you quote an article that isn't written by some right wing propaganda machine.
Data on such families are sparse, but they are important for establishing whether a child's environment in a home with same-sex parents would be any more or less nurturing than one with a heterosexual couple.(See a gay-rights timeline.)

The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior. These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression.

"We simply expected to find no difference in psychological adjustment between adolescents reared in lesbian families and the normative sample of age-matched controls," says Gartrell. "I was surprised to find that on some measures we found higher levels of [psychological] competency and lower levels of behavioral problems. It wasn't something I anticipated."

Read more: Kids with Lesbian Parents May Do Better Than Their Peers - TIME

Kids with Lesbian Parents May Do Better Than Their Peers - TIME

Wow, shocker! this article says it has more to do with quality of parenting, not who is the parents. :eek:

Children raised by same-sex couples appear to do as well as those raised by parents of both sexes, suggests an international research review that challenges the long-ingrained belief that children need male and female parents for healthy adjustment.

"It's more about the quality of the parenting than the gender of the parents," says Judith Stacey of New York University, co-author of the comprehensive review. It will be published Friday in the Journal of Marriage and Family.
Same-sex couples can be effective parents, researchers find - USATODAY.com

From the USAToday article!
Sociologists Stacey and Timothy Biblarz of the University of Southern California, spent five years reviewing 81 studies of one- and two-parent families, including gay, lesbian and heterosexual couples. "No research supports the widely held conviction that the gender of parents matters for child well-being," they conclude.

"Children being raised by same-gender parents, on most all of the measures that we care about, self-esteem, school performance, social adjustment and so on, seem to be doing just fine and, in most cases, are statistically indistinguishable from kids raised by married moms and dads on these measures," Biblarz says.

* Are not more likely to be gay than children with heterosexual parents.
* Are not more likely to be sexually abused.
* Do not show differences in whether they think of themselves as male or female (gender identity).
* Do not show differences in their male and female behaviors (gender role behavior).

Children with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Parents | American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development. Contrary to popular belief, children of lesbian, gay, or transgender parents

There is no legitimate scientific research connecting homosexuality and pedophilia. Sexual orientation (homosexual or heterosexual) is defined as an adult attraction to other adults. Pedophilia is defined as an adult sexual attraction or perversion to children. In a study of 269 cases of child sex abuse, only two offenders where found to be gay or lesbian. More relevant was the finding that of the cases involving molestation of a boy by a man, seventy-four percent of the men were or had been in a heterosexual relationship with the boys mother or another female relative. The conclusion was found that "a child's risk of being molested by his or her relative's heterosexual partner is over one hundred times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual."

Gay and Lesbian Adoptive Parents: Issues and Concerns - Divorce & Family Law Center

Please don't avoid the question......Tell me how gay marriage affects your life?

Texas does not recognize homosexual marriages. But to answer your question, homosexuals brings nothing to society.

According to a recent article in Child Trends, "Research clearly demonstrates that family structure matters for children, and the family structure that helps the most is a family headed by two biological parents in a low-conflict marriage." While gay marriage would encourage adoption of children by homosexual couples, which may be preferable to foster care, some lesbian couples want to have children through anonymous sperm donations, which means some children will be created purposely without knowledge of one of their biological parents. Research has also shown that children raised by homosexuals were more dissatisfied with their own gender, suffer a greater rate of molestation within the family, and have homosexual experiences more often.

Homosexual marriage will also encourage teens who are unsure of their sexuality to embrace a lifestyle that suffers high rates of suicide, depression, HIV, drug abuse, STDs, and other pathogens. This is particularly alarming because, according to a 1991 scientific survey among 12-year-old boys, more than 25 percent feel uncertain about their sexual orientations. We have already seen that lesbianism is "chic" in certain elite social sectors.

Acceptance of gay marriage will strengthen the notion that marriage is primarily about adult yearnings for intimacy and is not essentially connected to raising children. Children will be hurt by those who will too easily bail out of a marriage because it is not "fulfilling" to them.

Homosexual marriage can only be imposed by activist judges, not by the democratic will of the people. The vast majority of people define marriage as the life-long union of a man and a woman as it has been defined for thousands of years.

:lol: Give me a fucking break.

A child will do better with parents who love them and take care of them no matter the family dynamics. And your whole article is complete bullshit.
Homosexual children are not more likely to be molested for one. Do you guys enjoy spreading complete bullshit about a group of people, just because you don't agree with them?

Where's your research?

Notice how they say there is not much data on the subject Lonestar? How about you quote an article that isn't written by some right wing propaganda machine.
Data on such families are sparse, but they are important for establishing whether a child's environment in a home with same-sex parents would be any more or less nurturing than one with a heterosexual couple.(See a gay-rights timeline.)

The authors found that children raised by lesbian mothers — whether the mother was partnered or single — scored very similarly to children raised by heterosexual parents on measures of development and social behavior. These findings were expected, the authors said; however, they were surprised to discover that children in lesbian homes scored higher than kids in straight families on some psychological measures of self-esteem and confidence, did better academically and were less likely to have behavioral problems, such as rule-breaking and aggression.

"We simply expected to find no difference in psychological adjustment between adolescents reared in lesbian families and the normative sample of age-matched controls," says Gartrell. "I was surprised to find that on some measures we found higher levels of [psychological] competency and lower levels of behavioral problems. It wasn't something I anticipated."

Wow, shocker! this article says it has more to do with quality of parenting, not who is the parents. :eek:

Children raised by same-sex couples appear to do as well as those raised by parents of both sexes, suggests an international research review that challenges the long-ingrained belief that children need male and female parents for healthy adjustment.

"It's more about the quality of the parenting than the gender of the parents," says Judith Stacey of New York University, co-author of the comprehensive review. It will be published Friday in the Journal of Marriage and Family.

And your sources arren't biased?

Apparently you all have convinced yourselves that your unatural lifestyles are conducive to a healthy society. But why is it so important to you that your abominable lifestyle be validated by the rest of society?

I have provided four different sources, moron. Times for one has been said to be right wing leaning I might also ad.
All you provided what some right wing wacko christian bullshit.

Apparently you all have convinced yourselves that your unatural lifestyles are conducive to a healthy society. But why is it so important to you that your abominable lifestyle be validated by the rest of society?

Why is so important for you to spread the hate? Why do you keep your bullshit to yourself?

I have provided four different sources, moron. Times for one has been said to be right wing leaning I might also ad.

Spoken like a true bigot.

BTW Times didn't do the research moron.

Why is so important for you to spread the hate? Why do you keep your bullshit to yourself?

Hate? Where have I spreaded hatred? Why don't you homosexuals keep your bullshit to yourselves? Oh that's right, if you did that then no one would notice you and you would never have a chance to get the acceptance you so desire. Your kind may be tolerated, but you will never get the validation you seek.

And thanks for answering the question.

gay is not a gender.

oops

fuckwit

I never said gay is a gender you dumbfuck. Try to learn how to read.

of course you didn't. :cuckoo:

:rofl:

You truly do not know how to read simple posts you cocksucking ****. Discriminating against same sex marriage is based on gender discrimination. It may take your dumbass several years to understand that but at least you can't claim nobody informed you.

are you this stupid in real life? gender discrimination? really?

Oh. You need it spelled out because you are so fucking stoopid. What is the most common claim about the definition of marriage? It is between a man and a woman. That is a definition based on gender:

Male
+
Female

To say two women (females) cannot be "married" is gender based discrimination you sooper sonic stoopid fuck. Tomorrow we will work on fire being hot and water being wet. (I know....it's a stretch but I'm optimistic!)

I never said gay is a gender you dumbfuck. Try to learn how to read.

You truly do not know how to read simple posts you cocksucking ****. Discriminating against same sex marriage is based on gender discrimination. It may take your dumbass several years to understand that but at least you can't claim nobody informed you.

Oh. You need it spelled out because you are so fucking stoopid. What is the most common claim about the definition of marriage? It is between a man and a woman. That is a definition based on gender:

Male
+
Female

To say two women (females) cannot be "married" is gender based discrimination you sooper sonic stoopid fuck. Tomorrow we will work on fire being hot and water being wet. (I know....it's a stretch but I'm optimistic!)

whatever, alice. if you want to call it gender discrimination, knock yourself out. the fact that the same situation applies to men would seem to negate your thesis, but then, you're not real sharp so i couldn't expect you to see that.

Spoken like a true bigot.

BTW Times didn't do the research moron.

I am a bigot? Because I have a problem with you spreading lies? :lol:
And I don't care if they did the research or not, they still posted the article.
I also provided three other sources, all very different from each other, and they all stated the same thing. Can you say the same thing?

Hate? Where have I spreaded hatred? Why don't you homosexuals keep your bullshit to yourselves? Oh that's right, if you did that then no one would notice you and you would never have a chance to get the acceptance you so desire. Your kind may be tolerated, but you will never get the validation you seek.

And thanks for answering the question.
For one I am not a homosexual. Which proves you have no clue first off. Second you posted a very biased right wing article. Try finding proof of your claims, without using some right wing christian blog or group. And they don't want your validation, for one most are above you. You have no clue what you are talking about, so please stop pretending you do.

Male
+
Female

whatever, alice. if you want to call it gender discrimination, knock yourself out. the fact that the same situation applies to men would seem to negate your thesis, but then, you're not real sharp so i couldn't expect you to see that.

ROTFL!!!!!

Yes. The same thing applies to men you stoopid fucking ****. That also shows it is gender discrimination so let me spell it out even more for you because you're way behind.

If the common mantra is marriage is:

Male
+
Female

That means it is gender discrimination to say:

Male
+
Male

Cannot be married.

It also means:

Female
+
Female

Cannot be married.

Why? What is the factor?

GENDER! How the fuck can you be this stoopid and post on your own? You have a Poster Helper don't you? Lol....unbelievably stoopid bitch!

Forum List

Back