Opponents in LGBT case agree: It's not about wedding cake

There's no irony in it. Faggotry was punishable by death in many places here when the constitution was written. It was never meant to support or promote faggotry. I think it's hilarious that you don't understand that and follow a revisionist line.
How much "revisionism" do you want? Roll back in other civil rights? Roll back worker's rights? And what is noble about criminalizing homosexuality? Why is it good? Who benefits? Who gets hurt? And to what end?
I'm not revisioning anything, I am giving you an originalist perspective. Originalist means I respect what the document originally intended.
So where in the constudoes it say repression of homosexuality is the law of the land?
Huh?

So where in the constitution does it say repression of homosexuality is the law of the land?
It doesn't. But it doesn't say states cannot decide to repress homosexuality either. It doesn't mention homosexuality at all...because the idea of homosexuality being anything but a criminal offense to nature and it's laws never crossed their mind. They were sane, they were thinkers.... The founders would be turning over in their graves if they saw what this country has become.

Sure there are, the right of being an American citizen. There are no particular rights for sovereign citizens at all

Rights don't come as groups. Rights come as Individuals.

Though, Individuals, gay or straight, should be free to voluntarily associate. The Individual right to freedom of association is fundamental to the principles of Individual liberty. And one of Individual liberty's primary means of support.

Freedom of religion will trump faggotry. Watch.
You honestly can't see the irony in that statement, can you?
There's no irony in it. Faggotry was punishable by death in many places here when the constitution was written. It was never meant to support or promote faggotry. I think it's hilarious that you don't understand that and follow a revisionist line.
The whole concept of freedom of religion is the concept of individual freedom to live and practice your beliefs unfettered. The irony is that that same concept applies to freedom from discrimination as a homosexual. Individual freedom is individual freedom. Honor it in one corner, honor it in all.

No, the irony is that you seem to think that "freedom from discrimination by individuals" is listed ANYWHERE in the Constitution, as freedom of religion is.

And if you want to talk about "honoring freedom" in one corner by demanding that people be forced to do things that suit you, you're not even ironic. You're hypocritical and fascistic.
You can call me anything you like, but if you could come closer to reality, it might bolster your argument a little more.
The Bill of Rights, which the states insisted on before they would ratify the Constitution, STATES that all men are created equal.
Think about it. It doesn't say that some men deserve to have their lifestyle denigrated and discriminated against, or that only some men are equal. It doesn't mention homosexuality ANYWHERE. All men are equal before the law.
So treat them equally and uphold the laws for all; even if you believe that the other guy is sinning, before the law he is equal and will be treated as such.

Sure there are, the right of being an American citizen. There are no particular rights for sovereign citizens at all

Rights don't come as groups. Rights come as Individuals.

Though, Individuals, gay or straight, should be free to voluntarily associate. The Individual right to freedom of association is fundamental to the principles of Individual liberty. And one of Individual liberty's primary means of support.
You're talking to a 100% collectivist bug person, bro. He won't get it.

It's about a marketplace that treats all customers equally

That's not the government's business.
If you don't like how a business operates, don't go there.
I'm afraid that is EXACTLY governments business

If you can't treat all customers equally, you do not belong in business

The only good business is between a willing buyer and a willing seller.

We don't serve negroes here was abandoned 50 years ago

The whole concept of freedom of religion is the concept of individual freedom to live and practice your beliefs unfettered. The irony is that that same concept applies to freedom from discrimination as a homosexual. Individual freedom is individual freedom. Honor it in one corner, honor it in all.

No, the irony is that you seem to think that "freedom from discrimination by individuals" is listed ANYWHERE in the Constitution, as freedom of religion is.

And if you want to talk about "honoring freedom" in one corner by demanding that people be forced to do things that suit you, you're not even ironic. You're hypocritical and fascistic.
You can call me anything you like, but if you could come closer to reality, it might bolster your argument a little more.
The Bill of Rights, which the states insisted on before they would ratify the Constitution, STATES that all men are created equal.
Think about it. It doesn't say that some men deserve to have their lifestyle denigrated and discriminated against, or that only some men are equal. It doesn't mention homosexuality ANYWHERE. All men are equal before the law.
So treat them equally and uphold the laws for all; even if you believe that the other guy is sinning, before the law he is equal and will be treated as such.
Actually, it is the Declaration of Independence that says all men are created equal

The Constitution didn't affirm it until the 14 th amendment

It's about a marketplace that treats all customers equally

That's not the government's business.
If you don't like how a business operates, don't go there.
I'm afraid that is EXACTLY governments business

If you can't treat all customers equally, you do not belong in business

The only good business is between a willing buyer and a willing seller.

We don't serve negroes here was abandoned 50 years ago

That should have been declared unconstitutional.

Possession of property is an inalienable right.

How much "revisionism" do you want? Roll back in other civil rights? Roll back worker's rights? And what is noble about criminalizing homosexuality? Why is it good? Who benefits? Who gets hurt? And to what end?
I'm not revisioning anything, I am giving you an originalist perspective. Originalist means I respect what the document originally intended.
So where in the constudoes it say repression of homosexuality is the law of the land?
Huh?

So where in the constitution does it say repression of homosexuality is the law of the land?
It doesn't. But it doesn't say states cannot decide to repress homosexuality either. It doesn't mention homosexuality at all...because the idea of homosexuality being anything but a criminal offense to nature and it's laws never crossed their mind. They were sane, they were thinkers.... The founders would be turning over in their graves if they saw what this country has become.
Then please explain the virtue of criminalizing homosexuality. Why is that a good idea? Who benefits?

Technically, equal by God's gift in sight of God and Law. I won't bother you about it in detail because I know you mean well.

Actually, it is the Declaration of Independence that says all men are created equal

The Constitution didn't affirm it until the 14 th amendment
I am woefully ignorant. Thanks.

Technically, equal by God's gift in sight of God and Law. I won't bother you about it in detail because I know you mean well.
That must be where OOM is getting his "originalist" argument.

That's a bit harsh. Why such hysterics over something that has nothing to do with you personally? Live and let live is a time honored way to actually get through this life without have a stroke.

Any rational version of “live and let live” would necessarily have to include refraining from forcing anyone to participate in or give support to that which he finds to be immoral. To abuse the force of law to compel a baker who holds to basic standards of morality and decency, to provide a cake for n immoral, indecent homosexual mockery of a wedding, would not be reconcilable with “live and let live”.

Opponents in LGBT case agree: It's not about wedding cake
In a legal case with profound implications for LGBT rights and religion's place in public life, the opposing sides agree on this: It's not about the cake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And everyone with a brain left know this is how it should be. It isn't about the cake it is about being " FORCED" ........this is America not N. Korea.
I've always put forth the following scenario to illustrate this: What if a gay graphic designer open to the public was forced to print a billboard for a busy highway that reads "Homosexuality is a sin unto God"? :popcorn: Hey, "public accommodation", right? A person's belief system (LGBT cult included) can't interfere with business....right?

Then please explain the virtue of criminalizing homosexuality. Why is that a good idea? Who benefits?

Lawrence v Texas guarantees protection for the PRIVATE acts of sodomy and their practitioners behind closed doors. The resistance you are noticing is when those PRIVATE acts of sodomy demand PUBLIC "rights and privileges" to expose their culture and behaviors to the rest of us, including children at "gay pride parades" where these acts are mimed for everyone to see.

That's a bit harsh. Why such hysterics over something that has nothing to do with you personally? Live and let live is a time honored way to actually get through this life without have a stroke.

Any rational version of “live and let live” would necessarily have to include refraining from forcing anyone to participate in or give support to that which he finds to be immoral. To abuse the force of law to compel a baker who holds to basic standards of morality and decency, to provide a cake for n immoral, indecent homosexual mockery of a wedding, would not be reconcilable with “live and let live”.
Judging another as immoral and indecent is not "live and let live." Never mind; the concept apparently is way over your head.
Never judge a man 'til you've walked a mile in his shoes.
In this case you can't walk in his shoes, so you don't judge.

Forum List

Back