Opinions on american civic nationalism?

I'm WHITE, and I'm a NATIONALIST, and if you have a problem with that, I couldn't fucking care less.
A little nationalism is great. Too much nationalism spoils the broth.
How?

Explain what TOO MUCH is, and how that's bad.
Nationalism makes you blind to your countries faults. Let’s you think that you can do anything you want to anyone you want anywhere you want.

Yeah, it's nationalism that says that you can even compete in women's sports while being a man.
Okay dude.

I'm WHITE, and I'm a NATIONALIST, and if you have a problem with that, I couldn't fucking care less.
How?

Nationalism makes you blind to your countries faults. Let’s you think that you can do anything you want to anyone you want anywhere you want.

Yeah, it's nationalism that says that you can even compete in women's sports while being a man.
Okay dude.

It is your ideology that says men can even be women. Thankfully we do not need to ask anyone's opinion of it. Everyone knows it reeks.

How?

Okay dude.

It is your ideology that says men can even be women. Thankfully we do not need to ask anyone's opinion of it. Everyone knows it reeks.

Sounds like you have your own little insecurities. Don’t know why you felt the need to bring this up here and now.

How?

Okay dude.

Sounds like you have your own little insecurities. Don’t know why you felt the need to bring this up here and now.

You brought it up when you criticized other ideologies for the failure of yours.

How?

Well, that's about the biggest line of BULL SHIT I've read so far today, although it is still early.

America has plenty of faults, and no, I don't think we can do anything to anyone, anywhere we want. That's just ASININE hyperbole.

Being a nationalist means you love your nation in SPITE of it's faults, and do what you can make it a better place, for EVERYONE, that deserves to be here.

How?

Well, that's about the biggest line of BULL SHIT I've read so far today, although it is still early.

America has plenty of faults, and no, I don't think we can do anything to anyone, anywhere we want. That's just ASININE hyperbole.

Being a nationalist means you love your nation in SPITE of it's faults, and do what you can make it a better place, for EVERYONE, that deserves to be here.

I never said you believe any of those things. But that is where nationalism leads to.

Consider our actions in the Middle East. We are responsible for many civilian deaths but that’s okay because we are doing it to protect us. We are more important. We will detain non-citizens indefinitely without trial but that’s okay because rights are for Americans and not other people.

Nationalism feeds on conflict and ultimately leads to authoritarianism and deterioration of civil rights for the “others”.

How?

I never said you believe any of those things. But that is where nationalism leads to.

Consider our actions in the Middle East. We are responsible for many civilian deaths but that’s okay because we are doing it to protect us. We are more important. We will detain non-citizens indefinitely without trial but that’s okay because rights are for Americans and not other people.

Nationalism feeds on conflict and ultimately leads to authoritarianism and deterioration of civil rights for the “others”.

And yet, Trump got us out of Syria for example and the left screamed.

Can you stop projecting? You only talk about what you do and then complain the others do it.

How?

Why hasn't nationalism lead ME to these thoughts?

Personally, I wish we'd get out of the M.E. lock, stock 'n barrel, completely. Now explain how a self avowed nationalist can think that. Kinda blows your theory right out of the water.

But as far as detaining people, enemy combatants that aren't American citizens have no rights under our constitution, and to infer that somehow they do is dishonest.

How?

Can you stop projecting? You only talk about what you do and then complain the others do it.

Leaving Syria lead to worse human rights abuses. But Trump didn’t care because they weren’t Americans being massacred.

Oh, and the end result, we didn’t actually leave Syria.

How?

Personally, I wish we'd get out of the M.E. lock, stock 'n barrel, completely. Now explain how a self avowed nationalist can think that. Kinda blows your theory right out of the water.

But as far as detaining people, enemy combatants that aren't American citizens have no rights under our constitution, and to infer that somehow they do is dishonest.
How the hell am I supposed to know? I don’t know you.

But you prove my point with the last sentence. You think non-Americans have no rights. That’s the danger of nationalism. If non-citizens have no rights, you would have no problems violating them.

How?

False.

Trump is just like every other Neo-con war monger. Wake the fuck up you cult member.

Trump OKs wider Syria oil mission, raising legal questions
Trump OKs wider Syria oil mission, raising legal questions

". . . The decision, coming after a meeting Friday between Trump and his defense leaders, locks hundreds of U.S. troops into a more complicated presence in Syria, despite the president’s vow to get America out of the war. Under the new plan, troops would protect a large swath of land controlled by Syrian Kurdish fighters that stretches nearly 90 miles (150 kilometers) from Deir el-Zour to al-Hassakeh, but its exact size is still being determined.

Officials said many details still have to be worked out. But, Trump’s decision hands commanders a victory in their push to remain in the country to prevent any resurgence of the Islamic State group, counter Iran and partner with the Kurds, who battled IS alongside the U.S. for several years. But it also forces lawyers in the Pentagon to craft orders for the troops that could see them firing on Syrian government or Russian fighters trying to take back oil facilities that sit within the sovereign nation of Syria.. . . "

How?

But you prove my point with the last sentence. You think non-Americans have no rights. That’s the danger of nationalism. If non-citizens have no rights, you would have no problems violating them.
WRONG, and I should have known a radical would TWIST what I said... I SAID...

ENEMY COMBATANTS THAT ARE NOT AMERICAN CITIZENS HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER OUR CONSTITUTION.

That has NOTHING to do with what I believe or me being a nationalist, that's just a FACT, and if you don't like that, well too freakin' bad.

How?

Leaving Syria lead to worse human rights abuses. But Trump didn’t care because they weren’t Americans being massacred.

Who appointed America the world's police?

And when did you leftists become the lovers of OCCUPATIONS and WARS?

ENEMY COMBATANTS THAT ARE NOT AMERICAN CITIZENS HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER OUR CONSTITUTION.

That has NOTHING to do with what I believe or me being a nationalist, that's just a FACT, and if you don't like that, well too freakin' bad.
Who gets to decide who is an enemy combatant?

I’m a lover of preventing massacres of civilians. The Kurds were requesting our protection after we had fought side by side to defeat ISIS.

Then we bailed because we don’t actually care about anyone other than us.

I’m a lover of preventing massacres of civilians. The Kurds were requesting our protection after we had fought side by side to defeat ISIS.

Just a minute ago you were railing against our involvement, and now it turns out, you are for the involvement. Oh but this is the good kind of involvement you see.

What a moron this guy is. Could not have programmed their NPC better.

Who gets to decide who is an enemy combatant?
The law.

So you DO want the US to be the WORLD'S POLICE. Looks to me like you really don't know what you want at all. You're just spewing feel good leftist platitudes and getting them all garbled up.

How can you be so naive as to think ANYONE could prevent massacres of civilians world wide?

But I guess that would make you truly hate islam, since they massacred 3,000 innocent people on 9/11.

So you DO want the US to be the WORLD'S POLICE.

How can you be so naive as to think ANYONE could prevent massacres of civilians world wide?

But I guess that would make you truly hate islam, since they massacred 3,000 innocent people on 9/11.

Oh but that was only American people, fuck them.

Those 3rd world Syrians is what we need to police and bring over, so that America can be populated with the superior peaceful people.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Just a minute ago you were railing against our involvement, and now it turns out, you are for the involvement. Oh but this is the good kind of involvement you see.

What a moron this guy is. Could not have programmed their NPC better.
Well, it’s complicated isn’t it. I’m for the preservation of human rights. Sometimes our involvement furthers they goal. Sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it does and doesn’t at the same time. It’s complicated.

Forum List

Back