Zone1 Opinion Page

But that's okay! Really.

Other names include The Public Square, Clarion Call, and Independence Hall.
In a long ago era where there was no such thing as "political correctness". No microphones, either.
Either you can back it up, or you can't. In the old days, that's how it was done. In the public square, before the crowd. They had it right back then.
yeah-if-you-ftag61.jpg

No. This is not general discussion, general discussion is topical and light, this is idea oriented and offered for general consumption. A place where you express your ideas without the need for "proof" from a source that could possibly be shit in its own right. You are responsible to be credible, or not.
You don't need proof for your opinion in any thread. If anyone has tried to require that it is because they do not think for themselves and need a script read to them, they need a source to read because they are robots and not humans.

You can give your opinion in any thread I personally consider an opinion valid. If I disagree with it I also give my opinion why.

Sometimes I can back an opinion with all sorts of pleasing links for robot minds and sometimes I can only stand on my personal opinion based on experiences but human minds can comprehend it either way. It is the human posts I am more interested in reading.

You don't need proof for your opinion in any thread. If anyone has tried to require that it is because they do not think for themselves and need a script read to them, they need a source to read because they are robots and not humans.
"Proof" is something demanded by idiots who think they're clever. Decent, busy, reasonable people request links and sources because life is short and, unfortunately, most people who spew their opinions on the interwebs are simply full of crap. Context rules. It's one thing when the subject is silly and everyone knows it yet still finds it interesting to discuss. Another when people are bashing one another over the head to repeat their clearly politically motivated convictions about some current news that's potentially life threatening to many. The only "robots" are those who regularly post dog whistles and snarky little personal attacks,.. aka trolls and miserable control freaks.
Sometimes I can back an opinion with all sorts of pleasing links for robot minds and sometimes I can only stand on my personal opinion based on experiences but human minds can comprehend it either way. It is the human posts I am more interested in reading.
Men in general prefer dealing with factual nuts and bolts. Women tend to be less demanding and simply want to talk a while because they know a certain amount is needed to get us all through the day. That doesn't make any of us robots. The women are just smarter.

Almost everything posted in this forum is an opinion. Sometimes facts, figures, surveys/polls, or statistics are posted, which themselves may or may not be true, and are generally followed by an opinion. All of which may be and often is challenged, and here we go. So, an opinion page is kinda superfluous, but if the idea is adopted, fine. Perhaps an essay page or some such title could be offered where anyone can write a more lengthy discussion of whatever is on their mind, if so inclined.

May we have a new sub entitled Opinion Page? This is for people to post ideas and their rationale behind them, not cutting and pasting stories to take up bandwidth, this is the opinion of each individual, hopefully backed by supporting data to help buttress the point they are trying to make, no matter how flimsy it might be.

No links! Just opinion. No basement dwelling! Offenders go to the basement. Zone 1.
If you ain't got data, your chatta' don't matta'.

I like your idea, but having to support their opinions is a big ASK for 90% of the membership here. Just think "alternative facts".

Nah, all it needs is for people to be well read, an effort hacks like you can't handle, too lazy. It's not like anybody ever reads links, thy just ignore them or change the subject and parrot the next meme on their preferred lists of partisan responses. Or they demand a 500 page book, which they will then ignore also if anybody dares to indulge their dishonest request for 'facts'. Examples are the morons who keep claiming 'Biden shut down the Keystone', or 'drilling has stopped' for the GOP's Koch Bros. shills, or the ' giant white supremacy menace' joke posts made by your stupid racist peer group.

Last edited:
So, ok. Trump used to be a democrat and friend of the Clintons, explain that Hugenourmus flip flop on Trump.
He's a con man. He's a narcissist. His loyalty is only to himself. He lies. He sucks out loud. Enough, or shall we keep going?

I have these jacked-up human beings on fentanyl stumbling, digging in the trash and dying on the sidewalk outside my home. Literally, Biden let this happen. Biden is killing us. He is the head of a party that pushes fantasy made up fantasies and ignores real issues. Racism, transphobia, police brutality? Not a thing. The high black-on-black murder rate? The huge Fentanyl overdoses? SHHHHH. Crickets.

I have these jacked-up human beings on fentanyl stumbling, digging in the trash and dying on the sidewalk outside my home.
These are city problems. Your lot in life is none of my concern. Don't like it? Move then.
He is the head of a party that pushes fantasy made up fantasies and ignores real issues.
That perfectly tracks. You can even describe the former guy using the same sentence.
Racism, transphobia, police brutality? Not a thing.
:auiqs.jpg: No one asked you.
The high black-on-black murder rate? The huge Fentanyl overdoses?
Are you an activist? Why waste your time depending on politicians to fix these problems? What are you doing to stem the tide?
*SHHHHH. Crickets*

These are city problems. Your lot in life is none of my concern. Don't like it? Move then.

That perfectly tracks. You can even describe the former guy using the same sentence.

:auiqs.jpg: No one asked you.

Are you an activist? Why waste your time depending on politicians to fix these problems? What are you doing to stem the tide?
*SHHHHH. Crickets*
Do tell. Trollspeak. These are American problems. I am an american, pissed off at the lies and the perennial ruination of America, If YOU don't like that, YOU move to nirvana or utopia. The rest of us have to deal with the situation best we can. Coward or liar.

Do tell. Trollspeak. These are American problems. I am an american, pissed off at the lies and the perennial ruination of America, If YOU don't like that, YOU move to nirvana or utopia
I am an American and I know you're pissed off. I just don't care. :dunno: I do just fine here. Your problems with society aren't of any interest to me. You want to tie it to your politics, well, you do you. Nirvana and utopia don't exist, magaturd.
The rest of us have to deal with the situation best we can. Coward or liar.
And you constantly bitch about it 24/7, that's for sure. Your sense of entitlement is pungent.

May we have a new sub entitled Opinion Page? This is for people to post ideas and their rationale behind them, not cutting and pasting stories to take up bandwidth, this is the opinion of each individual, hopefully backed by supporting data to help buttress the point they are trying to make, no matter how flimsy it might be.

No links! Just opinion. No basement dwelling! Offenders go to the basement. Zone 1.
I don't think you need a link for original opinion content.

I thought the same thing as you, but a Mod corrected me.

Why won't such a forum be considered? I'm genuinely curious why there can't be a sub-forum where people are free to start a thread with just their opinion. Members are free to read and comment, or just ignore. You can allow all comments as well, only removing those reported as containing something that has violated one's delicate sensibilities. If you want to make it Zone 1, that's fine. Put up guardrails to keep it on topic may be best anyway. But try it with no restrictions first.

No links to news stories written by someone else, in this forum, you are the author, and the forum is your medium.

Most threads here are political. I prefer the off topic threads devoid of partisan politics.

Sounds like the Clean Debate Zone to me. Why not state your opinion and rationale there for the subject of a clean debate?

Forum List

Back