Opinion: If Trump makes this election about Law and Order, he will lose. He HAS to make it about the economy and China. Big cities isn't the path.

What a lot of people don't get either is just because businesses may not have operations in China going forward that doesn't mean they'll come back on shore. They'll just move to another nation like Vietnam, India, etc. It's already happening. I read an article about a week ago.

And what a lot of people also don't get is that those moves would put America in a FAR better position....even if they don't come back to America. Getting OUT of China is omnipotent.

Let the Moves BEGIN !!

No disagreement here, but I think a lot of people have the impression that no longer being in China translates into moving back to America.

The problem is business. He will never condemn that. China never forced our businesses to move there. To address China you have to address the businesses that moved there, not tax the consumers that have little choice but purchase items from companies that moved there.

What a lot of people don't get either is just because businesses may not have operations in China going forward that doesn't mean they'll come back on shore. They'll just move to another nation like Vietnam, India, etc. It's already happening. I read an article about a week ago.

That was what I predicted (or at least hoped), but it's still a better outcome than manufacturing in China and arming Americas #1 enemy. Also, the more Western nations punish excessive, low wage outsourcing, the better it is to ensure companies consider their options.

It's a start, a slow move away from the Communists. Unlike China, other nations should NOT be artificially suppressing their currency. That was another major abuse by the communists to ensure the Yuan didn't rise to high and make their labour an unattractive options. It's artificial and a violation.

We manipulate our currency all the time.

The U.S greenback is a floating exchange rate currency, the Yuan is not. One of MANY problems and manipulations by the Communists.

Their weak desire to give it a 2% boost vs the U.S dollar is comedy appeasement, since their economy was growing at 7% while Obama had the U.S at 1.8% or whatever it was growing at.

They are buying time in order to develop an empire that demands concessions from everyone for the "privilege" of being fleeced by the Communist Party. Trump is stopping that, when no one else has.

Trump lost the popular vote in 2016, he might lose it again in 2020. He won key battleground states and counties by a small margin however. If he has a chance in 2020, he can't take the bait that big city mayors seem to be dangling and focus on "Law and Order". He is going to make the same mistake Hillary made in 2016, by neglecting key swing locations.

Now I have no problem with Trump talking about security, including the wall. He should balance it with Justice Reform as well, an optimistic message. If you go with "Law and Order", it's just negative. Worse, you won't get traction with Rust Belt and the swing states. Trump getting an extra 8% in big cities isn't going to help him, he isn't going to win NY, D,C or California. He needs to win the E.C not the local mayoral race.

He is very smart to fly to these various locations this week, talk about the economy, talk about confronting China, yes, talking about making sure citizens rights are upheld, but nobody expects that you as President can run cities, so don't take the bait. Tell people, "we reject Cancel Culture, we believe in Due Process, accountability for police and those destroying government property and terrorizing all neighbourhoods, many of them in need because of poor local leadership".

THAT should be the extent of it. He can't give up the economic ground to Biden, or he will lose those key locations he barely won in 2016. Don't listen to the Echo Chamber that talk about policing 24/7, they aren't political winners, they are focused narrowly, you have a federal election to win.

I will support Trump (in spirit from afar) or ANY politician who wants to stand up to China, defend capitalism and your sovereignty. As America goes, so go the rest of the West. I just hope he has his eyes open, because in 2020, they aren't holding anything back.

By the way, Dan Bongino had it right on Fox and Friends this morning, the only solution if you want change is to vote out local leadership. That's it. I agree 100%, Trump can offer assistance, but he can't be mayor and president.

I agree and he should also be bringing up what the country was like before the Chinese Covid.

UE was the lowest its been in 50 years and we had job all across this country. We also had a great economy with Trump at the helm. An economy that will be coming back as soon as the Covid crap is done. I'd be pushing that big time.

Trump is a proven commodity. Biden/Harris not at all.

The problem is business. He will never condemn that. China never forced our businesses to move there. To address China you have to address the businesses that moved there, not tax the consumers that have little choice but purchase items from companies that moved there.

That was what I predicted (or at least hoped), but it's still a better outcome than manufacturing in China and arming Americas #1 enemy. Also, the more Western nations punish excessive, low wage outsourcing, the better it is to ensure companies consider their options.

It's a start, a slow move away from the Communists. Unlike China, other nations should NOT be artificially suppressing their currency. That was another major abuse by the communists to ensure the Yuan didn't rise to high and make their labour an unattractive options. It's artificial and a violation.

We manipulate our currency all the time.

The U.S greenback is a floating exchange rate currency, the Yuan is not. One of MANY problems and manipulations by the Communists.

Their weak desire to give it a 2% boost vs the U.S dollar is comedy appeasement, since their economy was growing at 7% while Obama had the U.S at 1.8% or whatever it was growing at.

They are buying time in order to develop an empire that demands concessions from everyone for the "privilege" of being fleeced by the Communist Party. Trump is stopping that, when no one else has.

The economy isn't growing at 7%.

Trump isn't doing anything. Bankrupting farmers and taxing consumers doesn't hurt China.

Trump lost the popular vote in 2016, he might lose it again in 2020. He won key battleground states and counties by a small margin however. If he has a chance in 2020, he can't take the bait that big city mayors seem to be dangling and focus on "Law and Order". He is going to make the same mistake Hillary made in 2016, by neglecting key swing locations.

Now I have no problem with Trump talking about security, including the wall. He should balance it with Justice Reform as well, an optimistic message. If you go with "Law and Order", it's just negative. Worse, you won't get traction with Rust Belt and the swing states. Trump getting an extra 8% in big cities isn't going to help him, he isn't going to win NY, D,C or California. He needs to win the E.C not the local mayoral race.

He is very smart to fly to these various locations this week, talk about the economy, talk about confronting China, yes, talking about making sure citizens rights are upheld, but nobody expects that you as President can run cities, so don't take the bait. Tell people, "we reject Cancel Culture, we believe in Due Process, accountability for police and those destroying government property and terrorizing all neighbourhoods, many of them in need because of poor local leadership".

THAT should be the extent of it. He can't give up the economic ground to Biden, or he will lose those key locations he barely won in 2016. Don't listen to the Echo Chamber that talk about policing 24/7, they aren't political winners, they are focused narrowly, you have a federal election to win.

I will support Trump (in spirit from afar) or ANY politician who wants to stand up to China, defend capitalism and your sovereignty. As America goes, so go the rest of the West. I just hope he has his eyes open, because in 2020, they aren't holding anything back.

By the way, Dan Bongino had it right on Fox and Friends this morning, the only solution if you want change is to vote out local leadership. That's it. I agree 100%, Trump can offer assistance, but he can't be mayor and president.
The last I checked, when Trump ran for the 2016 presidency, he ran on multiple topics:
Strong borders.
Strong military.
Economy.
Reduced taxes.
Fair reciprocal trade deals.
Bring jobs back.
Americans first.
His platform this time will be much the same, only with Law and Order thrown in (although, I'd like to hear him claim that if voted in, he would invoke the Insurrection Act and use the military to stop all this rioting and looting crap).

At some point the silent majority will stand its ground, that will be one ugly and a bloody mess unless the officials that run these cities pull up their panties and take a proactive stance in enforcing law and order. How the death of a person warrants rioting and looting is beyond comprehension, peaceful protest yes, violent protest totally unacceptable.

He can only lie about China but unfortunately voters accept lies for some odd reason. Both sides will do this.

It is easy to say things like this, but it takes honesty to back it up.....what lies?

We have choices. Maybe not as many as we would like, or, in certain near monopolies we don't, but we have choices.

I've been looking at the back of packaging. Recently I was at the dollar store picking up a simple technical do-hickey product. I looked at the back, and as expected, I stared at the words "Made in China". I was not happy, I stared at it at some length, frozen, and saw the price, $2. I saw another alternative, "Made in Singapore". Price. $4.

I didn't like paying the extra $2, but I felt great doing so. Yeah, we can't do that for everything, and obviously if it's the difference of $2, compared to $200, it makes the decision much tougher. However, we have to do our part.

I pay more for local grown veggies to. Probably cost me $200 over the course of a year, but, I want to support local farming and I trust it more.
Singapore is in China. Derp!

At some point the silent majority will stand its ground, that will be one ugly and a bloody mess unless the officials that run these cities pull up their panties and take a proactive stance in enforcing law and order. How the death of a person warrants rioting and looting is beyond comprehension, peaceful protest yes, violent protest totally unacceptable.

At what "point" is that?
Will that day happen to coincide with the return of Jesus?

We also "hope" that bees die when they sting us....but do they?

On Fox News just now, Fox and Friends, they just stated that CNN's own poll had Biden ahead of Trump by 14%, after Harris was named V.P, the gap lowered to 4%!

Why? This is because Harris is viewed as an extreme, strong arm AG with a history of "Law and Order". She is costing Biden the black vote, I am telling you. Few trust her, and I think in his heart Biden knows this. She is a big city winner for Biden, she will help him win Los Angeles, New York and Chicago, she will get him big money from donors. She will NOT get him key votes he needs to win.

Trump and Pence have to take up that space. Square in the middle. Harris is viewed extreme left AND right. So unique, very Canadian actually contrary to how we present ourselves. Trump has the middle now and he has to be positive, he has so many easy paths in his message now. When he calls her angry woman, (I wouldn't use that exact phrasing, just call her angry), it reminds people, "yeah, that's right, she does seem a bit angry, a bit SCARY (that is key, people fear fascism to their core)"

Congrats. You are going to win what you were going to win anyways. Trump has to understand how this V.P choice impacts Dem supporters, focus on the positive, the economy and China. Swing states want their jobs protected from Communist intrusion.

Those not supporting Biden because of Harris aren't going to turn their support to Trump either.

Trump is incapable of being positive so it's a race to the bottom.

You can pull the lever for whomever you wish. Bottom line is that if it isn’t for one of the two the the incumbent wins...period.

The country loses either way.

So say you...Others believe otherwise.

They do. It's why we will soon be 30 trillion in debt. That is not going to end well.

So, now libs are fiscally conscious about debt? Not buying it...

He can only lie about China but unfortunately voters accept lies for some odd reason. Both sides will do this.
And regarding the economy, the biggest thing he has in his favor is that people don't look beyond the simple headlines. They'll hear about the low unemployment rate before the virus hit, but they don't know about the hyper-Keynesian spending that got us there, or the fact that the NY Fed STILL had to pour $1.4T into short term credit markets to grease the system, or the fact that bond yields (the bond market's view of the economy) had crashed by 60%, or that we had been in a prolonged manufacturing recession, or that the 2.1% GDP rate we were at when the virus hit was not worth what we were paying for it.

Peoples eyes glaze over when you dig that deep into the weeds...Right or wrong, people are more like myself, in the sense that what they do is ask themselves was my situation better 5 yrs ago, or today....And, I believe that answer is clear.

You believe we will be better off with 30 trillion in debt? If so, why not just make it 70 trillion?
democrats are trying.

Yeah, trying to turn America into Venezuela.

On Fox News just now, Fox and Friends, they just stated that CNN's own poll had Biden ahead of Trump by 14%, after Harris was named V.P, the gap lowered to 4%!

Why? This is because Harris is viewed as an extreme, strong arm AG with a history of "Law and Order". She is costing Biden the black vote, I am telling you. Few trust her, and I think in his heart Biden knows this. She is a big city winner for Biden, she will help him win Los Angeles, New York and Chicago, she will get him big money from donors. She will NOT get him key votes he needs to win.

Trump and Pence have to take up that space. Square in the middle. Harris is viewed extreme left AND right. So unique, very Canadian actually contrary to how we present ourselves. Trump has the middle now and he has to be positive, he has so many easy paths in his message now. When he calls her angry woman, (I wouldn't use that exact phrasing, just call her angry), it reminds people, "yeah, that's right, she does seem a bit angry, a bit SCARY (that is key, people fear fascism to their core)"

Congrats. You are going to win what you were going to win anyways. Trump has to understand how this V.P choice impacts Dem supporters, focus on the positive, the economy and China. Swing states want their jobs protected from Communist intrusion.

Those not supporting Biden because of Harris aren't going to turn their support to Trump either.

You can pull the lever for whomever you wish. Bottom line is that if it isn’t for one of the two the the incumbent wins...period.

They do. It's why we will soon be 30 trillion in debt. That is not going to end well.

Where did I say that?

And regarding the economy, the biggest thing he has in his favor is that people don't look beyond the simple headlines. They'll hear about the low unemployment rate before the virus hit, but they don't know about the hyper-Keynesian spending that got us there, or the fact that the NY Fed STILL had to pour $1.4T into short term credit markets to grease the system, or the fact that bond yields (the bond market's view of the economy) had crashed by 60%, or that we had been in a prolonged manufacturing recession, or that the 2.1% GDP rate we were at when the virus hit was not worth what we were paying for it.

Peoples eyes glaze over when you dig that deep into the weeds...Right or wrong, people are more like myself, in the sense that what they do is ask themselves was my situation better 5 yrs ago, or today....And, I believe that answer is clear.

You believe we will be better off with 30 trillion in debt? If so, why not just make it 70 trillion?
democrats are trying.

Without the ability to simply create money out of nothing we are already there. It's not going to last forever.

democrats are trying.

Without the ability to simply create money out of nothing we are already there. It's not going to last forever.
They're not told about what is happening to buoy the economy, they're not told how Trump got the mediocre "growth" he got.

They're just told that we're going full commie if Trump loses. He alone can save us.

That's their reality.

This election is about America, now fart off you dumb Canadian

It is easy to say things like this, but it takes honesty to back it up.....what lies?

We have choices. Maybe not as many as we would like, or, in certain near monopolies we don't, but we have choices.

I've been looking at the back of packaging. Recently I was at the dollar store picking up a simple technical do-hickey product. I looked at the back, and as expected, I stared at the words "Made in China". I was not happy, I stared at it at some length, frozen, and saw the price, $2. I saw another alternative, "Made in Singapore". Price. $4.

I didn't like paying the extra $2, but I felt great doing so. Yeah, we can't do that for everything, and obviously if it's the difference of $2, compared to $200, it makes the decision much tougher. However, we have to do our part.

I pay more for local grown veggies to. Probably cost me $200 over the course of a year, but, I want to support local farming and I trust it more.
Singapore is in China. Derp!
You might want to check that.
1597750914182.png

Where did I say that?

In the post I responded to

democrats are trying.

We do that now! Obama did that, like Bush before him, and Clinton before him...Where you been?

Am I missing it, or is there a link to this op ed?

Forum List

Back