OPINION: 12th of May, 2014, and Israel still remembers

Hang on hang on.

I know there are bad things happening and worse things elsewhere and round the corner worse things again. But please let us all realise that compassion is NOT relativistic. It cannot be summoned on demand and none of us, if truth be told, will deploy it evenly or appropriately, in every case.

It is unfair to demand that an expression of such is immediately followed by an expression of compassion for another event, just because one person's mind the second example is more or equally 'worthy'.

I readily, if with some embarrassment, admit myself to not feeling enough compassion for strangers often due to their distance in miles, in culture, in living standards and sadly, but truthfully even in race (odd, as I also believe the only reasonable definition of race is 'species').

May I suggest we accept compassion where it is expressed, and not call it false or unworthy, because there is not enough always compassion to go around? It may be just unexpressed, for complex reasons.

I would also like to suggest that the exercise of such higher emotions is a GOOD THING and likely to lead to greater compassion for other people, events, situations.

Leave the flower to bloom, don't strangle it with competition. Wherever you find it.

It's not about compassion. It's about Billy not getting the point of why I opened this thread to begin with.

As for your last paragraph, and to Billo_Really's question as well, a 4 year old is a 4 year old, whenever she's Israeli, French, Palestinian. A Palestinian toddler is not my enemy, and if she was Israeli Arab it would have hurt just the same.
There's a part of me that wants to believe that, but I've read too many of your past posts defending the murder of Palestinian children or not even commenting on their deaths.

And I still can't get over the fact that you see nothing wrong in shooting at people fishing.

I never justified it. I simply didn't take your sources (A one and a half minute video which showed nothing) as credible.

You believe what you want to believe, Mr. Billy. I remember you posting something about judaism and then admitting you had no real idea about what you yourself wrote.

So you're lecturing me about my opinions, after not only misunderstanding them, but apparently withuot even reading them.

Pity.

Don't be dense!

What difference does it even make? If she would have been born to an Arab Israeli family, would our obligation be any difference?

It seems like you're the one trying to bold such discrimination, and in that case, you're sick!
Why am I sick? I think it's a tragedy a child was killed. And I don't care what nationality the child would be. My reaction would be the same.

if this was a child under the PA's responsibility, then it would have been them to do some self checking...
...because we wouldn't be seeing you raising an issue over that scenario.

I point out a serious issue and you insist on pulling on stupid unjustified claims I've never even thought of making!
It is a serious issue, but it's not an unjustified claim. You know damn well you wouldn't start a thread over the loss of a Palestinian girl.

Why don't you get a life,?!
I have one and it's a lot more honest than yours.

An honest person doesn't try to make themselves experts of things they have no idea about.

Okay, here's your chance, prove me wrong, show your outrage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bdbA2Ka3Bo

ut the crap! You know god-damn well she wouldn't start a thread over the loss of a Palestinian child and neither would you. And if someone did, the both of you would sit there trying to justify her murder.

I will prove you wrong when you compare the same analogy; Palestinian parents killing their own Children. To say I would " justify " it shows what a sick individual you are. I feel just as strongly about that topic as I do about this;

Thousands of Women Killed for Family "Honor"

What a stupid response . I have a better question. Why does ANY parent who deliberately abuses and kills one of their Children deserve to live?

It's a little heartless but is it really stupid? Were this the exact same piece about Palestinian kids I'm pretty sure you'd jump all over it as an excuse to demonize them. I'm personally deeply sorry for this kid but as it happens in a country where soldiers shoot children for throwing stones I'm not really compelled to act in any positive way when there are bigger happenings in the world. I hope that within my lifetime the human race will be able to sort it's act out to such an extent as to this being the most important thing on the world's agenda.

This is the truth; You are a Moron . If this were the exact same piece about Palestinian Parents killing their kids I would demonize them; Moron . Why not? However, if this happened in a area that didn't believe the Jewish State has a right to exist I wouldn't be compelled to care about it . Let the Palestinians become Human beings, acknowledge the Jewish people have the Right to their State . That is what is important

How can any people who have had their land and homes taken from them be forced to declare that those who have taken their land and homes have a right to a state on the land that they were expelled from. It is too sadistic, in my opinion. Can't they be allowed to dream that someday they will return home?

Even after the peace agreements with the UK, the Irish were not made to renounce their rights to Northern Ireland. The Irish constitution states plainly:

"Article 2
The national territory consists of the whole island of Ireland, its islands and the territorial seas."

Article 3
Pending the re-integration of the national territory, and without prejudice to the right of the Parliament and Government established by this Constitution to exercise jurisdiction over the whole of that territory, the laws enacted by that Parliament shall have the like area and extent of application as the laws of Saorstát Éireann and the like extra-territorial effect."

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Ireland_(original_text)

Then it would have been the PA to do some self checking.

However, it's us in need to do that.

BTW, this child wasn't Jewish, so if you try to pull on the race card, it's irrelevant
I'm not trying to pull anything, I'm saying flat out, you wouldn't start a thread over the loss of a Palestinian child.

If Rose was a Palestinian, we would not be in a thread talking about her.

But wtf does that have to do with anything?? Why can't you keep your bullshit to yourself??

Stupid response from a stupid piece of trash.

Then it would have been the PA to do some self checking.

However, it's us in need to do that.

BTW, this child wasn't Jewish, so if you try to pull on the race card, it's irrelevant
I'm not trying to pull anything, I'm saying flat out, you wouldn't start a thread over the loss of a Palestinian child.

If Rose was a Palestinian, we would not be in a thread talking about her.

But wtf does that have to do with anything?? Why can't you keep your bullshit to yourself??

Stupid response from a stupid piece of trash.

He can't say anything to the point because he has no idea how he's suppost to response to a good oponion. So he's fishing to find something trashy.

That's the only option I see.

He can't say anything to the point because he has no idea how he's suppost to response to a good oponion. So he's fishing to find something trashy.

Because you live in a bubble and that's all you want to see. You want the problem to be me. Unfortunately for you, if you see nothing wrong in shooting at people fishing, or just consider it a non issue in your world, then the problem is not with me, it's with you.

If it is just possible to take one moment out of your day, without politics, patriotism, loyality or thinking about what side your on, just take one moment has a human being and ask yourself, "Who the fuck shoots at people fishing?", then you'll see what I'm talking about.

Because believe it or not, your personal opinion on that issue, has something to do with that little girls death. How can someone see something so evil and not do (or say) anything about it? How could that little girl be abused by everyone in the area and someone not notice? Or just be indifferent to the abuse? Why didn't anyone go after the parents while there was still time to do something about it? Why didn't anyone care until after she was gone?

Why don't you care about your countrymen shooting at people fishing? Because the evil that killed that little girl and the evil that shoots at people fishing, is the same evil. And if you can't confront the hate within your heart, then Rose's death was in vain. If you're not outraged about someone getting shot at while fishing, then you're the same kind of person who wasn't outraged when they saw signs of Rose's abuse and just didn't care enough to get involved.

Because you live in a bubble and that's all you want to see. You want the problem to be me. Unfortunately for you, if you see nothing wrong in shooting at people fishing, or just consider it a non issue in your world, then the problem is not with me, it's with you.

If it is just possible to take one moment out of your day, without politics, patriotism, loyality or thinking about what side your on, just take one moment has a human being and ask yourself, "Who the fuck shoots at people fishing?", then you'll see what I'm talking about.

Because believe it or not, your personal opinion on that issue, has something to do with that little girls death. How can someone see something so evil and not do (or say) anything about it? How could that little girl be abused by everyone in the area and someone not notice? Or just be indifferent to the abuse? Why didn't anyone go after the parents while there was still time to do something about it? Why didn't anyone care until after she was gone?

Why don't you care about your countrymen shooting at people fishing? Because the evil that killed that little girl and the evil that shoots at people fishing, is the same evil. And if you can't confront the hate within your heart, then Rose's death was in vain. If you're not outraged about someone getting shot at while fishing, then you're the same kind of person who wasn't outraged when they saw signs of Rose's abuse and just didn't care enough to get involved.

Open a different thread and have a decent debate with me there, if you're capable of it without insulting.

I'm not interesting in discussing this in this thread.

I will prove you wrong when you compare the same analogy; Palestinian parents killing their own Children. Thousands of Women Killed for Family "Honor"
Palestinian parents are no different than anyone else. They care about their children, just like any other parent. And I'm pretty sure they have their share of sick parents to.

To say I would " justify " it shows what a sick individual you are. I feel just as strongly about that topic as I do about this;
The reason I think that, is because I've never seen a post of yours where you were outraged about something the Israeli's did to a Palestinian. I've never seen you once go, "Now that was fucked! My government should not of done that! That's crossing the line!" The majority of your posts are in defense of what they're doing, or you have no comment at all. So until you do, I have nothing else to go on.

Open a different thread and have a decent debate with me there, if you're capable of it without insulting.

Then you're not interested in solving the problem that got that little girl killed. I am.

Here's a little 411 for you, you can't solve any problem until your able to break it down to the causal level and identify all the relevant factors that led to this little girls death.

And one of those factors, is the hate every one of us carry in each of our hearts. Because every one of us, are capable of murder. And the hate is the same. The Nazis hatred of the jews, is the same hatred you have towards the Palestinian's and its the same hatred that little girls parents had towards her.

Some days ago MK Ayelet Shaked initiated a bill to help keep national prisoners who committed "unforgivable crimes" behind bars, and to minimize their chances of them walking free in future deals. Well, it can be discussed for hours about the subject, but regarding some of the opinions, others suggested that it shouldn't matter wether the prisoners are political or not, anyone who committed crime the people find hard to digest, shouldn't be walked out, period.

It was known for years that the judging arm in Israel still lacks some integrity, perhaps it lost it. killers of the helpless in Israel find themselves free after a rediculous punishment served, and at some cases justice is never achieved. Which is also something many don't talk about.

At the last years bills were brought up to the Knesset, regarding abuse of the helpless, the worsening violence and the actions of some of the Israeli youth. On top of the list, they talked about domestic abuse.

We all know that this is a goobal problem, but at many times in Israel it's shoved under the rug and lately hardly discussed.

Today is the 12th of May, it's the day that many Israelis belive to be the one in which we lost some of our innocence. I talk about a story that took place in Israel 5 years ago, a story that caused us to put aside the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for the time being, to discuss and ponder on things that matter.

It was a hot summer day, the date: 23-24 of August, 2008. The Israeli newspapers abandoned all political arguments in favor of one mystery needed solving. A four year old girl, named Rose, went missing from her home 3 months earlier, and nobody knows where she is. They said then, they cannot guarantee her safety

missing_girl.jpg

From there it was like a rolling snowball, what began as a mystery resembeling the Madeleine McCan story, possible rumors about kidnapping and mobs and God knows what turned out to be a simpler, yet more sickening story.

Rose was born in Normandie, France, 2008, to Father Benjamin and Mother Marie Charlotte. Benjamin was son of an Israeli man, but he never knew his father, was raised by a single mother.

When Marie, Rose's mother, was a child, the father left after a rough divorce, living his ex-wife Isabelle to take care of Marie. Isabelle wasn't mentaly stable and used to abuse her daughter, was addicted to alcohol and used to beat up her daughter. Marie met husband Benjamin while still being a teenager. Benjamin was described as a disturbed boy, yet a quiet one. Marie and Ben started a relationship while she was 16, and she got pregnant and lost the child soon after.

It was then when the relationship turned difficult and nearly abusive.

awhile after, Marie got pregnant again, and Rose was born.

The couple married while Rose was about 5 months old.

A month or two afer, Benjamin got hold of his father in Israel, and the couple made Aliyah to get to know him. along with father, Ronny Ron, his mother Vivianne and older sister waited for them.

Things seemed normal, but then it was later discovered that Marie and her father in law fell in love, abruptly, having sexual relation behind's Benjamin's back. The man, obviously hurt and angry, took of back to France with the toddler Rose, after Marie clafirifed that she doesn't want Rose in her life anymore.

Benjamin married a woman named Jeniffer later on, and the couple had a son. few months after, Rose was taken away from them, hospitalisized and sent to an orphanage once it was discovered she suffered abuse by her father and step mother.

She was sent to at least 3 orphanages in France, expelled from them all before reching the age of 3. Later sent to her grandmother, Marie's mom, she stayed with her for a few months, but after showing signs of trauma, her grandmother sent her away to another orphanage.

When being nearly 4, it was when her mother finally bothered to come looking for her, taking her back to Israel. Marie Charlotte, now married to her own father in law, with two young babies, didn't bother to care for Rose much.

Ronny Ron, the grandfather, was impatient and used to hit the girl. She didn't get along with her sister, and Marie didn't understand her, since Rose could hardly speak, the abuse she's been through caused her silence.

After awhile, deciding she doesn't want the child, she sent her to Vivianne, Ronny Ron's mother and Rose's grandmother. Vivianne took care of the child for some months but at some point decided she had enough and told her son and daughter in law to send the girl to a kindergarten. They refused.

They decided to try and send Rose to adoption, to an adoptive family, to a boarding school, but that wasn't enough for them

On May 12th, 2008, Rose Isabelle disappeared.

She was reported missing only in July, nearly 3 months after her disappearance.

The search party in Israel took place for over a month, when every lead was checked. It was discovered that she was physically abused by almost every adult in her life, she'd bang her head against the wall, sleep on the floor and talk to herself. She was repeatedly abused and hit, especially in the head area.

After arresting most of the adults involved, it was later discovered that on the day she was last seen, 12th of May, 6 years ago, she was murdered by her parents, her body tossed into Tel Aviv river, as they hoped to erase any proof of her existence.

When Rose was murdered, she was 4.5 years old

1964777_662343400480953_2850858607102825839_n.jpg

This child became the symbol of protest against child abuse in Israel. When speaking of children at risk, we mention Rose's name. The name of her killer is on the top list of the committers of the most non-national casued horrific crimes. After her murder politicians filled speeches about the child abuse problem in the general society, and what can be done about it.

So yeah, now we are much aware of this problem, and now they fill us with suggestions regarding the need of keep Palestinian prisoners behind bars. It's all nice and all, but we have a bad root amongst us besides the point, which is the rediculous punishments given to brutal killers who shouls spent most of their lives behind bars.

Mosly when it comes to domestic abuse.

The politicians ignore that. I believe that if for once they decide to leave aside the Palestinian issue, they'd be able to sea that each child and helpless taken away, is another soul tormented and wasted.

Rose's name was mentioned again today, and yesterday, like it is many of the times we discuss the problem in Israel. But on the day when MKs suggest useful propositions, they need to think in more of a general way, too.

Rest in peace, Rose

image.jpg
I'm wondering how different your OP would be, if Rose was a Palestinian child?

Then it would not be an Israeli problem but a P.A. one. Are you overly concerned with the disappearance of Maddy Mcann from Portugal or is it nothing to do with Americans. I wonder how you would react if Rose was an American child that lived near you and her parents had murdered her.

Some days ago MK Ayelet Shaked initiated a bill to help keep national prisoners who committed "unforgivable crimes" behind bars, and to minimize their chances of them walking free in future deals. Well, it can be discussed for hours about the subject, but regarding some of the opinions, others suggested that it shouldn't matter wether the prisoners are political or not, anyone who committed crime the people find hard to digest, shouldn't be walked out, period.

It was known for years that the judging arm in Israel still lacks some integrity, perhaps it lost it. killers of the helpless in Israel find themselves free after a rediculous punishment served, and at some cases justice is never achieved. Which is also something many don't talk about.

At the last years bills were brought up to the Knesset, regarding abuse of the helpless, the worsening violence and the actions of some of the Israeli youth. On top of the list, they talked about domestic abuse.

We all know that this is a goobal problem, but at many times in Israel it's shoved under the rug and lately hardly discussed.

Today is the 12th of May, it's the day that many Israelis belive to be the one in which we lost some of our innocence. I talk about a story that took place in Israel 5 years ago, a story that caused us to put aside the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for the time being, to discuss and ponder on things that matter.

It was a hot summer day, the date: 23-24 of August, 2008. The Israeli newspapers abandoned all political arguments in favor of one mystery needed solving. A four year old girl, named Rose, went missing from her home 3 months earlier, and nobody knows where she is. They said then, they cannot guarantee her safety

missing_girl.jpg

From there it was like a rolling snowball, what began as a mystery resembeling the Madeleine McCan story, possible rumors about kidnapping and mobs and God knows what turned out to be a simpler, yet more sickening story.

Rose was born in Normandie, France, 2008, to Father Benjamin and Mother Marie Charlotte. Benjamin was son of an Israeli man, but he never knew his father, was raised by a single mother.

When Marie, Rose's mother, was a child, the father left after a rough divorce, living his ex-wife Isabelle to take care of Marie. Isabelle wasn't mentaly stable and used to abuse her daughter, was addicted to alcohol and used to beat up her daughter. Marie met husband Benjamin while still being a teenager. Benjamin was described as a disturbed boy, yet a quiet one. Marie and Ben started a relationship while she was 16, and she got pregnant and lost the child soon after.

A month or two afer, Benjamin got hold of his father in Israel, and the couple made Aliyah to get to know him. along with father, Ronny Ron, his mother Vivianne and older sister waited for them.

Things seemed normal, but then it was later discovered that Marie and her father in law fell in love, abruptly, having sexual relation behind's Benjamin's back. The man, obviously hurt and angry, took of back to France with the toddler Rose, after Marie clafirifed that she doesn't want Rose in her life anymore.

Benjamin married a woman named Jeniffer later on, and the couple had a son. few months after, Rose was taken away from them, hospitalisized and sent to an orphanage once it was discovered she suffered abuse by her father and step mother.

She was sent to at least 3 orphanages in France, expelled from them all before reching the age of 3. Later sent to her grandmother, Marie's mom, she stayed with her for a few months, but after showing signs of trauma, her grandmother sent her away to another orphanage.

When being nearly 4, it was when her mother finally bothered to come looking for her, taking her back to Israel. Marie Charlotte, now married to her own father in law, with two young babies, didn't bother to care for Rose much.

Ronny Ron, the grandfather, was impatient and used to hit the girl. She didn't get along with her sister, and Marie didn't understand her, since Rose could hardly speak, the abuse she's been through caused her silence.

After awhile, deciding she doesn't want the child, she sent her to Vivianne, Ronny Ron's mother and Rose's grandmother. Vivianne took care of the child for some months but at some point decided she had enough and told her son and daughter in law to send the girl to a kindergarten. They refused.

They decided to try and send Rose to adoption, to an adoptive family, to a boarding school, but that wasn't enough for them

The search party in Israel took place for over a month, when every lead was checked. It was discovered that she was physically abused by almost every adult in her life, she'd bang her head against the wall, sleep on the floor and talk to herself. She was repeatedly abused and hit, especially in the head area.

After arresting most of the adults involved, it was later discovered that on the day she was last seen, 12th of May, 6 years ago, she was murdered by her parents, her body tossed into Tel Aviv river, as they hoped to erase any proof of her existence.

This child became the symbol of protest against child abuse in Israel. When speaking of children at risk, we mention Rose's name. The name of her killer is on the top list of the committers of the most non-national casued horrific crimes. After her murder politicians filled speeches about the child abuse problem in the general society, and what can be done about it.

So yeah, now we are much aware of this problem, and now they fill us with suggestions regarding the need of keep Palestinian prisoners behind bars. It's all nice and all, but we have a bad root amongst us besides the point, which is the rediculous punishments given to brutal killers who shouls spent most of their lives behind bars.

The politicians ignore that. I believe that if for once they decide to leave aside the Palestinian issue, they'd be able to sea that each child and helpless taken away, is another soul tormented and wasted.

Rose's name was mentioned again today, and yesterday, like it is many of the times we discuss the problem in Israel. But on the day when MKs suggest useful propositions, they need to think in more of a general way, too.

Rest in peace, Rose

image.jpg

What a stupid response . I have a better question. Why does ANY parent who deliberately abuses and kills one of their Children deserve to live?

I would go one step further and say why should any PERSON that abuses a child and kills them be allowed to live. They should be executed by the people who decide how they should die.

Today is the 12th of May, it's the day that many Israelis belive to be the one in which we lost some of our innocence. I talk about a story that took place in Israel 5 years ago, a story that caused us to put aside the Israeli-Palestinian conflict for the time being, to discuss and ponder on things that matter .......

image.jpg

This is a moving and tragic story. And I see you have made it relevant to the political and the internal discussion in Israel.

I note that you question the Israeli legal system, and the justice of early release, and the differing attitudes, whether a crime is political or non-political.

Well, I extend my sympathies to you, who clearly have grief for this child, despite not having personal knowledge of her. And to all those who cry for the lost innocents and the lost innocence.

There is a very good point to treat political crimes as crimes alone, and to set aside the politics, as just another motive, like greed or passion. Britain for example, has more success in doing this in policing terrorism, than it has when it reacts in kind with its military, or the US has, when it decided to treat 9/11 as a terrorist war, rather than as a terrorist crime.

You have earned increased respect from me Lipush, for holding and for sharing this compassion.
I do very much hope that this is generally felt for the child of your enemies too. If Israel is to survive into the next century then there will need to be a lot of forgiveness and compassion from both sides.

Not that long ago the government in Britain allowed the systematic rape of schoolgirls and covered up the crime because it could have cost them votes in the elections. Over 500 men have since been arrested for the crime and every single one has been a muslim. The population wanted them trying on racism charges as well as child sex abuse and child prostitution. So Britain had a very poor track record in even bringing these cases to court because of neo Marxist political correctness that saw racism in everything we did. The police were afraid to act against immigrant criminals in case they were branded racist

I will prove you wrong when you compare the same analogy; Palestinian parents killing their own Children. Thousands of Women Killed for Family "Honor"
Palestinian parents are no different than anyone else. They care about their children, just like any other parent. And I'm pretty sure they have their share of sick parents to.

To say I would " justify " it shows what a sick individual you are. I feel just as strongly about that topic as I do about this;
The reason I think that, is because I've never seen a post of yours where you were outraged about something the Israeli's did to a Palestinian. I've never seen you once go, "Now that was fucked! My government should not of done that! That's crossing the line!" The majority of your posts are in defense of what they're doing, or you have no comment at all. So until you do, I have nothing else to go on.

Doing what Pro Palestinians do best; Changing the subject. . When Palestinians stop honoring Suicide Bombers and naming Streets after them I might be more " concerned" about their welfare. :lol:

It's a little heartless but is it really stupid? Were this the exact same piece about Palestinian kids I'm pretty sure you'd jump all over it as an excuse to demonize them. I'm personally deeply sorry for this kid but as it happens in a country where soldiers shoot children for throwing stones I'm not really compelled to act in any positive way when there are bigger happenings in the world. I hope that within my lifetime the human race will be able to sort it's act out to such an extent as to this being the most important thing on the world's agenda.
There's never been a violent baby born in the history of the planet, so how did we get all this evil in the world?

The answer to that, lies within every one of us.

So will you do some deep soul searching and realise that you are just a BIGOTTED ANTI SEMITIC NAZI JEW HATER and take steps to remove your hatred from the world ?

Okay, here's your chance, prove me wrong, show your outrage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bdbA2Ka3Bo

OK once again you produce a grainy silent video that you claim is evidence of IDF beating children. No actual evidence of your claim, no reasons given for the actions. No dialogue of what the YOUNG MEN ( not children) had said to the armed soldier or what threats they had made.

Just another pallywood production that could have been filmed anywhere in the M.E try again and next time get an actual sound clip and clearly identifiable shoulder tags and Israeli weapons.

Then you're not interested in solving the problem that got that little girl killed. I am.

Here's a little 411 for you, you can't solve any problem until your able to break it down to the causal level and identify all the relevant factors that led to this little girls death.

And one of those factors, is the hate every one of us carry in each of our hearts. Because every one of us, are capable of murder. And the hate is the same. The Nazis hatred of the jews, is the same hatred you have towards the Palestinian's and its the same hatred that little girls parents had towards her.

No, that's incorrect, and what you're trying to do is force an issue which has nothing to do with it.

The child was a victim of a despicable incest and a prohibited romance between her mom and grand-dad. She was hated because she didn't fit in the already wrong lives of the people surrounding her.

She died because she belonged to a wicked family.

And the state does not enough to prevent such cases.

That's the point.

Now, please, stick to it. I'm getting tired of your poor manipulations

missing_girl.jpg

Rest in peace, Rose

image.jpg

Then it would not be an Israeli problem but a P.A. one. Are you overly concerned with the disappearance of Maddy Mcann from Portugal or is it nothing to do with Americans. I wonder how you would react if Rose was an American child that lived near you and her parents had murdered her.

Good point.

Forum List

Back