Open marriages?

I am a 18 year old male, but I can tell you right now, sex is not even top 5 in my list, why? It has no real benefits too me

Cain, the Vatican's on the phone. They have a job offer.

I never said I won't have sex, just don't see how it can be such a big deal with people. Weight Lift 2 hours a day, and maybe a hour of cardio, guarantee you sex won't be on your mind.

Sex with multiple partners would be like going into a hospital and sharing a glass (drink) with everyone there. You have no idea what you might get.

Just because it happens a lot doesn't mean I should conform to it. I don't care what I see, what matters is, what will I do. I am a human being, a animal, but that does NOT mean I have to behave like one.

I am a 18 year old male, but I can tell you right now, sex is not even top 5 in my list, why? It has no real benefits too me, yay a great feeling, but how long does it last? I can feel the burn from weight lifting for days, and I can feel like I am on top of the world for hours after a good Boxing workout/sparring.

My opinion is this: Sex is for marriage. The end, just because your honest about having sex with other humans, doesn't make it right. I can be honest about enjoying hitting people in boxing (not true), but that doesn't mean my reasons for boxing are good. Just because statistics say they might cheat, doesn't mean we should try to make the statistic 100%.

I understand what you mean by the cheating, I just don't believe the concept of Open Marriage is correct.

I'm not saying open marriage is right or wrong, I am saying it works for some people. I am not saying you should conform to anything, I was telling you some of the things you can expect to see when you join the Military. Sex is a vital part to keep a marriage together, but its not always what makes people cheat. My ex wife said she cheated on me to try and get my attention because I was working 14-15 hour days at my job and was barely around, I cheated on her strictly for revenge to get her back. I am not saying what I did was right, but be careful. Marriage looks great on the outside looking in but there is alot more to it than meets the eye, I can already tell you that single people definently have more sex than their married counter parts, when you get married, settle down and have kids sex goes down on the list of priorities for other things.

I am a 18 year old male, but I can tell you right now, sex is not even top 5 in my list, why? It has no real benefits too me, yay a great feeling, but how long does it last?

It can last a long time my friend.:razz: Wait until you hit tech school and meet up with some girls there, you will see what I mean. Just don't marry any of them though.:cool:

Well, I still do not see sex as a major thing, it's a physical action, just like bench press.

Eh, I'll probably be too busy studying and working out, I have some weight lifting goals that are considered "impossible" that I have to prove wrong first.

Sex is nothing like bench press, you will see my friend.:cool:

Sex with multiple partners would be like going into a hospital and sharing a glass (drink) with everyone there. You have no idea what you might get.

Just use a condom, you can still get an STD from your wife at home if shes not faithful. Sex with multiple partners is a once in a lifetime opporunity for a young man, you should take it before you end up married and have sex like once every 4 years.

Just use a condom, you can still get an STD from your wife at home if shes not faithful. Sex with multiple partners is a once in a lifetime opporunity for a young man, you should take it before you end up married and have sex like once every 4 years.

The "condom" does not offer the protection as it is portrayed. Understand why the "opportunities" might be appealing, but there are many risks. There are studies that married people have sex more than once every four years (even that most married couples have more sex than their single counterparts). If you choose your partner wisely, there are many ways that you can be fullfilled.

The "condom" does not offer the protection as it is portrayed. Understand why the "opportunities" might be appealing, but there are many risks. There are studies that married people have sex more than once every four years (even that most married couples have more sex than their single counterparts). If you choose your partner wisely, there are many ways that you can be fullfilled.

I agree but alot of people in the US are making bad choices, the divorce rates are through the roof. Yes there are risks in group sex but it is hard to ask a young man to turn away a 3 some if 2 hot girls are willing to do it, unless your a celebrity or millionare those opportunities really don't come around that often.

I'm not saying open marriage is right or wrong, I am saying it works for some people. I am not saying you should conform to anything, I was telling you some of the things you can expect to see when you join the Military. Sex is a vital part to keep a marriage together, but its not always what makes people cheat. My ex wife said she cheated on me to try and get my attention because I was working 14-15 hour days at my job and was barely around, I cheated on her strictly for revenge to get her back. I am not saying what I did was right, but be careful. Marriage looks great on the outside looking in but there is alot more to it than meets the eye, I can already tell you that single people definently have more sex than their married counter parts, when you get married, settle down and have kids sex goes down on the list of priorities for other things.

It can last a long time my friend.:razz: Wait until you hit tech school and meet up with some girls there, you will see what I mean. Just don't marry any of them though.:cool:

Well, I still do not see sex as a major thing, it's a physical action, just like bench press.

Eh, I'll probably be too busy studying and working out, I have some weight lifting goals that are considered "impossible" that I have to prove wrong first.

Sex is nothing like bench press, you will see my friend.:cool:

Willing to bet Bench Press has more benefits.

I am a 18 year old male, but I can tell you right now, sex is not even top 5 in my list, why? It has no real benefits too me

I never said I won't have sex, just don't see how it can be such a big deal with people. Weight Lift 2 hours a day, and maybe a hour of cardio, guarantee you sex won't be on your mind.

I used to be pretty out of shape after I stopped playing hockey after college (which I played my whole life). Then I started to lift about 1 1/2 hours a day+cardio. Sex was one of the reasons why I first started this. :lol:

And not to get too much off topic, but traditional benching is overrated. I prefer using dumbbells for chest presses instead, and nothing beats doing flies...well almost anything...:lol::lol:

I used to be pretty out of shape after I stopped playing hockey after college (which I played my whole life). Then I started to lift about 1 1/2 hours a day+cardio. Sex was one of the reasons why I first started this. :lol:

And not to get too much off topic, but traditional benching is overrated. I prefer using dumbbells for chest presses instead, and nothing beats doing flies...well almost anything...:lol::lol:

Well, I plan to compete in Bench for Power Lifting. Also, I don't just do Barbell Bench, I do these for Chest Day, but not on the same day of course lol:

Barbell Bench Press (Standard/Inclined/Declined)
Dumbbell Bench Press (Standard/Inclined/Declined)
Dumbbell Flies
Cable Flies
Tricep Cable Press (Horse Hair, Single Bar, Double Bar, etc)
Shoulder Press Machine
Barbell Military Press
Dumbbell Military Press
Barbell Standing Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Standing Shoulder Press
Push Ups (Weighted/Perfect/Inclined/Declined)

Usually I do 3-5 different exercises per body part, and 2-3 body parts per day. Example:

Chest/Triceps/Shoulder Day
Gym
Chest: Barbell Bench Press (Standard) (5-8 Sets)
Chest: Dumbbell Bench Press (Declined) (3-5 Sets)
Chest: Dumbbell Flies (3 Sets)
Triceps: Tricep Press (Horse Hair) (3 Sets)
Triceps: Tricep Press (Single Bar) (3 Sets)
Shoulder: Barbell Military Press (5 Sets)
Shoulder: Cable Flies (3 Sets)

Home
Perfect Push Ups (3 Sets)
Weighted Push Ups (1 Set)
Push Ups (5-8 Sets)

I weight lift mostly cause it makes me feel amazing, but also, being 5"5 and having all friends nearly 6"0+ who are all trying to be "strong" makes me have to compete. I take pride knowing I can out press most people I meet, even if its just because I am so darn short lol.

oh honey... i think they call that sublimation.

i mean, ...

oh my.

you're very young.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

oh honey... i think they call that sublimation.

i mean, ...

oh my.

you're very young.

Sublimation is the transition of a substance from the solid phase to the gas phase without passing through an intermediate liquid phase? Huh?

Also, I am very young, but wisdom and age do not necessarily go hand in hand.

Well, I plan to compete in Bench for Power Lifting. Also, I don't just do Barbell Bench, I do these for Chest Day, but not on the same day of course lol:

Dumbbell Flies
Cable Flies
Shoulder Press Machine
Barbell Military Press
Dumbbell Military Press

Usually I do 3-5 different exercises per body part, and 2-3 body parts per day. Example:

Gym

Home
Push Ups (5-8 Sets)

I weight lift mostly cause it makes me feel amazing, but also, being 5"5 and having all friends nearly 6"0+ who are all trying to be "strong" makes me have to compete. I take pride knowing I can out press most people I meet, even if its just because I am so darn short lol.

Sounds good, I do 2-3 body parts per day, do 4 exercises for each one, 3 sets. I alternate between high reps lesser weight, and more weight lesser reps every 2-3 weeks, do core/abs every other day. I also do cardio for about half hour everyday (I have a bad leg from a car accident-so I can't over do it, I overdo it enough when I play sports lol).

And being 6'2 I come from the other spectrum, and I def. take it for granted so I feel for ya haha....and we're way off course of the thread:lol:

Dumbbell Flies
Cable Flies
Shoulder Press Machine
Barbell Military Press
Dumbbell Military Press

Gym

Home
Push Ups (5-8 Sets)

Sounds good, I do 2-3 body parts per day, do 4 exercises for each one, 3 sets. I alternate between high reps lesser weight, and more weight lesser reps every 2-3 weeks, do core/abs every other day. I also do cardio for about half hour everyday (I have a bad leg from a car accident-so I can't over do it, I overdo it enough when I play sports lol).

And being 6'2 I come from the other spectrum, and I def. take it for granted so I feel for ya haha....and we're way off course of the thread:lol:

Hmm, I do what I call Reverse Pyramids, for example:

Bench: 135, 150, 165, 180, 165, 150, 135

That isn't exactly what I do, but I always do 135 because it is just 2 45's with a bar.

Yea, the only good thing I can tell from being short is:
-Boxing wise I am able to get under people and do body shots better
-Fight wise I will always be under-estimated
-Weight Lifting I have a advantage because I have to do less movement for more weight

But, really, I'd like to be 6"0, no more, no less.

I was doing some reading about how in most marriages one of both of the partners end up cheating on each other, another article I read says couples with open marriages or couples who swing together don't have the infidelity issues and thus, have more successful marriages. I can see why because obviously they don't have to worry about cheating, a friend of mine does this with his wife and they are the happiest married couple I know. Thoughts?

I know some people who are like this, and I would not say what they have is "a successful marriage". And how is it "not having to worry about cheating"? I guess if your swingers, you could call it not cheating because you're present, or in the next room, but cheating is cheating in my book. Without a doubt open marriages are cheating, because that's more about doing your thing on your own, not as swingers do where it's an orgy or usually in the same residence.

Personally, I think these types of confused individuals should just stay single and live together if that's what gets them off. I could never understand how watching someone screw your own wife is somehow a turn on. Pretty much, Swinging or open marriages = Mental illness.

On a side note, I never understood why they called the movie Swingers, Swingers? There was no swinging in the movie whatsoever. It was just about a bunch of guys trying to pick up Women. Great movie though. ~BH

Last edited:
I would say that there is an absolutely undeniable tension between

1) The evolutionary, biological impulse of human beings -- particularly males -- to want to screw everything that isn't nailed down

and

2) The societal/religious/civil requirement that you screw only one other human being the rest of your life

Both are quite real. Both have functions. And they're at total cross-purposes.

So I don't know what do about it. I am not a person who says cheating is totally unexpected or even immoral. Nor am I person who thinks cheating is a good idea, or should be encouraged, or celebrated.

Personally, I'd love to cheat. But I know it would hurt my wife, possibly cause me to pick up a disease, would be against Christian tradition, and would surely -- if discovered -- lower the estimate of me by others. My children would be hurt, too. And I don't even know where I'd find the time to carry on an affair. Between work and kids and chores, I don't have time to catch my breath.

But then there was my uncle. He cheated on my aunt, mostly because my aunt refused to sleep with him/let herself go. She got way fat. And the opinion of the Catholic biddies? "Good for him." Or at least, they didn't condemn him... they were actually more pissed at HER.

OK, I'll say this much. A woman who refuses to sleep with her husband -- or ignores any sort of sexual, ah, duty to her husband -- cannot be surprised if he cheats. But women seem to take the attitude that they can ignore their sexual duty AND go all ape-shit when he finally has to take care of business on the side.

Definition of adultery is actually "one who abandons the marriage bed." That's a lot more women, to start, than men.

Last edited:
I was doing some reading about how in most marriages one of both of the partners end up cheating on each other, another article I read says couples with open marriages or couples who swing together don't have the infidelity issues and thus, have more successful marriages. I can see why because obviously they don't have to worry about cheating, a friend of mine does this with his wife and they are the happiest married couple I know. Thoughts?

If I wanted variety in a marriage, I would get a divorce. Something would be very wrong. And doesn't anyone worry about STDs? Yikes! I would. I like being divorced but having a special friend that I don't have to see too often and who doesn't smother me when I do. Love that! :D

If I wanted to I'd become a Mormon or Muslim. Course that's kind of a one-way relationship. The guy gets to bonk several women and the wives gotta take a number.

Forum List

Back