Open Letter to Senator Ted Cruz, the Canadian

If he does not meet the Constitutional requirement to be President of the United States- just because he's "our" guy doesn't make it right.-- I like Ted Cruz but I won't support anyone who usurps and violates the US Constitution, regardless of political affiliation. That's what libruls do. They have no honor or respect for the principles which our nation was founded upon. Don't sink to the level of a librul.

Except he does. It is merely distraction by the Left, who are scared to death of a bright, articulate minority Republican with presidential aspirations.
Anti-Hispanic Gerrymandering Struck Down in Texas
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott vows to fight on against Hispanic voters
AUGUST 29, 2012

Even as the Republican convention coverage makes a big show of big names in the way of Hispanic leadership, a federal appeals court in Washington struck down the new Texas legislature districts designed by the state’s Republican-controlled legislature for gross violation of the Voting Rights Act. While names like Marco Rubio, Nevada governor Brian Sandoval, New Mexico governor Susanna Martinez and Texas candidate for Senate Ted Cruz bask in the spotlight, the party’s real reaction to swelling Latino voter rolls is all about vote suppression.

Texas must undergo federal scrutiny of its redistricting plan because of a well-documented history of discrimination against racial and linguistic minorities. And the three-judge panel unanimously agreed that Texas was at it again with its newest plan.

“The only explanation Texas offers for this pattern [of minority vote dilution] is ‘coincidence’. But if this is coincidence, it was a striking one indeed. It is difficult to believe that pure chance would lead to such results,” wrote the court.

http://open.salon.com/blog/steve_kl...-hispanic_gerrymandering_struck_down_in_texas
- makes a big show of big names in the way of Hispanic leadership

- Marco Rubio, Nevada governor Brian Sandoval, New Mexico governor Susanna Martinez and Texas candidate for Senate Ted Cruz bask in the spotlight

- the party’s real reaction to swelling Latino voter rolls is all about vote suppression

- a well-documented history of discrimination (Texas) against racial and linguistic minorities

- three-judge panel unanimously agreed that Texas was at it again

While our conservative "friends" criticize Democrats concerning any attempt to restrict "bright, articulate minority Republican with presidential aspirations," they see no contradiction in actively gerrymandering the boundaries of voting districts to suppress the "swelling Latino voter rolls."

How else do you explain a repeated pattern in the 2012 Election for states, where congressional redistricting was conducted by Republicans, resulting in the GOP winning the majority of the seats - despite receiving the minority of the votes?

Michigan: 2012 House of Representatives
Democratic vote 2,327,985 Democratic seats 5
Republican vote 2,086,804 Republican seats 9

North Carolina: 2012 House of Representatives
Democratic vote 2,218,357 Democratic seats 4
Republican vote 2,137,167 Republican seats 9

Pennsylvania: 2012 House of Representatives
Democratic vote 2,793,538 Democratic seats 5
Republican vote 2,710,070 Republican seats 13

Wisconsin: 2012 House of Representatives
Democratic vote 1,445,015 Democratic seats 3
Republican vote 1,401,995 Republican seats 5

http://projects.propublica.org/graphics/seats-vs-votes [/b]

Last edited:
550296_604113319641200_1019392458_n.png

Cruz was born in Canada to an American mother, he plans to renounce his dual citizenship with Canada and have only a US citizenship.
How can he run for president being Canadian born?

Isn't that the whole "natural born" thing the birther nuts go on and on about?

550296_604113319641200_1019392458_n.png

If he does not meet the Constitutional requirement to be President of the United States- just because he's "our" guy doesn't make it right.-- I like Ted Cruz but I won't support anyone who usurps and violates the US Constitution, regardless of political affiliation. That's what libruls do. They have no honor or respect for the principles which our nation was founded upon. Don't sink to the level of a librul.

Except he does. It is merely distraction by the Left, who are scared to death of a bright, articulate minority Republican with presidential aspirations.
Anti-Hispanic Gerrymandering Struck Down in Texas
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott vows to fight on against Hispanic voters
AUGUST 29, 2012

Even as the Republican convention coverage makes a big show of big names in the way of Hispanic leadership, a federal appeals court in Washington struck down the new Texas legislature districts designed by the state’s Republican-controlled legislature for gross violation of the Voting Rights Act. While names like Marco Rubio, Nevada governor Brian Sandoval, New Mexico governor Susanna Martinez and Texas candidate for Senate Ted Cruz bask in the spotlight, the party’s real reaction to swelling Latino voter rolls is all about vote suppression.

Texas must undergo federal scrutiny of its redistricting plan because of a well-documented history of discrimination against racial and linguistic minorities. And the three-judge panel unanimously agreed that Texas was at it again with its newest plan.

“The only explanation Texas offers for this pattern [of minority vote dilution] is ‘coincidence’. But if this is coincidence, it was a striking one indeed. It is difficult to believe that pure chance would lead to such results,” wrote the court.

Anti-Hispanic Gerrymandering Struck Down in Texas - Steve Klingaman - Open Salon
- makes a big show of big names in the way of Hispanic leadership

- Marco Rubio, Nevada governor Brian Sandoval, New Mexico governor Susanna Martinez and Texas candidate for Senate Ted Cruz bask in the spotlight

- the party’s real reaction to swelling Latino voter rolls is all about vote suppression

- a well-documented history of discrimination (Texas) against racial and linguistic minorities

- three-judge panel unanimously agreed that Texas was at it again

While our conservative "friends" criticize Democrats concerning any attempt to restrict "bright, articulate minority Republican with presidential aspirations," they see no contradiction in actively gerrymandering the boundaries of voter districts to suppress the "swelling Latino voter rolls."

How else do you explain a repeated pattern of states, whose congresssional redistricting has been conducted by Republicans, winning the majority of the seats despite receiving a minority of the votes.

Michigan: 2012 House of Representatives
Democratic vote 2,327,985 Democratic seats 5
Republican vote 2,086,804 Republican seats 9

North Carolina: 2012 House of Representatives
Democratic vote 2,218,357 Democratic seats 4
Republican vote 2,137,167 Republican seats 9

Pennsylvania: 2012 House of Representatives
Democratic vote 2,793,538 Democratic seats 5
Republican vote 2,710,070 Republican seats 13

Wisconsin: 2012 House of Representatives
Democratic vote 1,445,015 Democratic seats 3
Republican vote 1,401,995 Republican seats 5

House Seats vs. Popular Vote [/b]

Just in case you didn't know it, both sides do this on a regular basis...

The Op has become a birther now that's funny.
Laughing-smiley-face.gif

Nope: distinction with a difference. btw even the crowd gets it. Can a US president have dual citizenship

Dante has been consistent on the issue of dual loyalties, not whether Cruz is a US citizen, natural or otherwise. :lol:

Sure you have whatever helps you sleep at night you must have mistaken me for someone who is not familiar with the little games you like to play on here you have your fun with the new people who don't know you yet though.

how funny, we have illegal immigrants protesting against our country do they tell them to leave? No, but they tell a elected Senator for voicing his opinions, especially he's been hard on the Dear Leader so here comes the open letters that he should leave..

liberalism is a total mental disorder...but Howie Deans and the other Democrats are dumping on Cruz, so the Democrat sheep jumps in LIKE USUAL

Dante's views on immigration defy your pathetic world view. Stick with reality of Danye's virws pr begone,, and take your broom with you.

Dante's ppen letter does not demamd Cruz leave. It has nothing to do with your demented views..you do NOT deny Cruz has dual citizenship and therefore, dual loyalties

how funny, we have illegal immigrants protesting against our country do they tell them to leave? No, but they tell a elected Senator for voicing his opinions, especially he's been hard on the Dear Leader so here comes the open letters that he should leave..

liberalism is a total mental disorder...but Howie Deans and the other Democrats are dumping on Cruz, so the Democrat sheep jumps in LIKE USUAL

isn't it though?:lol:

I'm just so amazed at how lockstep they are with the party...Obama puts down Rush and the Tea Party, bam we have a dozen threads on it putting them down...now Cruz, the Democrats are putting him down and bam, here comes opens letters from the Democrat base...

you would think they'd be embarrassed they let these politicians lead them around by the nose

Fact: Dante did not vote for Obama in 2008.

Fact: Dante voted in both the primary and general elections in 2008

Fact: Dante ceased to be a registered Democrat immediately after the 2008 Democratic primary.

same here, but that isn't what they are whining about TODAY with Cruz
Dual citizenship equals dual loyalties.

Why do you people obfuscate and deflect?

Dante may be to the left of tea party whackos, you and Cruz, but no sane and honest person would consider Dante a leftist. :rofl:

Cruz was born in Canada to an American mother, he plans to renounce his dual citizenship with Canada and have only a US citizenship.
How can he run for president being Canadian born?

Texas conservatives and right wingers voted a Canadian citizen into the US Senate. :rofl;

There is no law prohibiting citizen of any country being elected to the Senate.

Do you have the same disdain for John Candy, Alex Trebek, William Shatner, Howie Mandel, Jim Carrie, Jennifer Granholm, Paul Anka, Dan Ackroyd, just to name a few Canadians who are American success stories?

Last edited:
Dear Ted, if you dislike America so much why not go back to Canada, the nation of your birth?

ps, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Sincerely yours, a true red, white, and blue American

Reply:

American,

Pls write a letter.

This is a txt msg @ best.

TIA, T

Show me in the Constitution where it states he cannot be President being he renounced his dual citizenship? I read it completely different..He meets the guidelines of Article II Section I.

Democrats want to relax the rules /look the other way for Hispanics who do not comply with the rules for becoming US Citizens yet want to put the clamp to one that may want to run for President. Why?
Maybe, but considering Dante is not speaking for the Democrats, you post could be considered spam as well as ignorant.

And if and when the rules are changed, as they always have been... :eusa_whistle: btw, name the Democrats next time. That is if your peabrain can. :lol:

I am happy that you stand with Conservatives that non-US Citizens, as defined by US Statute, should not be permitted to vote. Or, are you of the mindset that US Citizen is defined by some other statute??
US citizenship as defined by what statute exactly? Who is allowed the franchise is pretty straight forward, and most everyone agrees who has this right. What conservative red herring is on the menu today?

However let me add.. it depends on if ONE of his parents was an American citizen at the time of his birth...

Dante may be to the left of tea party whackos, you and Cruz, but no sane and honest person would consider Dante a leftist. :rofl:

A person who speaks about himself in the third person is not sane, not honest and is a certifiable whacko leftist idiot.

Show me in the Constitution where it states he cannot be President being he renounced his dual citizenship? I read it completely different..He meets the guidelines of Article II Section I.

Ted Cruz is a US Senator holding dual citizenship and therefore, dual loyalties SHAME! :mad:

The Presidential eligibility is an open question . It should be tested in the courts before a dangerous precedent is set. Dual citizenship equals dual loyalties. Precedent

Precedent

Baloney!

I left Hungary in 1956. In 1964 I became a Canadian Citizen, with no obligation to Hungary, whatsoever, in spite of the fact that Hungary still claims that I am a Hungarian citizen.

A person's obligation is nothing more and nothing less than that person's inclinations.

Lefties are desperate to keep the issue alive even if they use vacant cliches. Nobody says "America love or leave it" anymore except jerks who don't have the intelligence to post opinions on real issues.

Forum List

Back