Oops he did it again.

garyd

Dec 19, 2008
Oklahoma
Well so much for the tax cuts for 95% of Americans. It isn't in this budget. And if you are in the lowest tax bracket look for a 50% increase in your tax burden when the Bush 'tax cuts for the wealthy' expire. In fact every American who pays taxes is looking at a sharp increase in his or her taxes when the Bush tax cuts go away.

So will the Obamanators call this the Obama tax increase on the poor? Don't hold your breath.

Fox News, Cavuto show. Or I could say I read the bill. Prove me wrong. Don't just willy nilly move the thread because you son't like the story. And want to bury it.

Fox News, Cavuto show. Or I could say I read the bill. Prove me wrong. Don't just willy nilly move the thread because you son't like the story. And want to bury it.

Or I could simply say I don't believe you are accurately conveying information..... One can't respond to an assertion that has no basis.

Your thread wouldn't be "buried" because I don't like the topic. It would be put into it's proper catagory for unsubstantiated assertions.

If it's true, there's things to discuss. But bogus rants? Not so much.

If you find a credible source, pm me and I'll move the thread back.

The OP is still misleading... so my skepticism was justified. The article clearly says Congress MAY be the problem on that issue...

and the president can't pass his own tax cuts without congress, can he?

And this is EXACTLY why we source things.

So to keep you happy I'm going to have to go to the Cavuto show and spend fifteen minutes to half an hour tracking it down perhaps longer if I've misremembered the show I heard it on? Or worse sort though the current budget at the appropriate congressional web site which generally requires me to give far more of my private info to the government than I feel comfortable with? You know how much of a pain in the neck this is going to be?

http://frwebgate4.access.gpo.gov/cg...SdocID=246520103612+3+1+0&WAISaction=retrieve

This will take you to the current house version of the bill. The only thing I could find in it regarding tax cuts before my eyes started to glaze over was a tax credit 400/800 dollars (single/joint) which on it's face won't come close to offsetting the increase in taxes most people will see when the Bush tax cuts expire.

Is he gong to sign it or not? He's made another promise of the sort in which he let his forty dollar mouth overload his two bit ass. And in his original budget the credit didn't come close to offsetting the cost of letting the Bush tax cuts lapse for most Americans.

Last edited:
The Feuhrer can do as he pleases, he can wage war, raise taxes, pardon criminals, bulid bowling alleys, buy dogs......for he is all powerful, all knowing. He is GREAT, he is OBAMA !

SEIG HEIL................................

dit-dit! dit-dit!--dit dit!!!

Breaking news from NEO-Con central!

Tempest in a teapot!

Update never.

Breaking news for the Obmanators you've been had-again. Jillian you are wrong in what you assume the OP sugested not that I expect you to rectify your mistake now or ever.

So to keep you happy I'm going to have to go to the Cavuto show and spend fifteen minutes to half an hour tracking it down perhaps longer if I've misremembered the show I heard it on? Or worse sort though the current budget at the appropriate congressional web site which generally requires me to give far more of my private info to the government than I feel comfortable with? You know how much of a pain in the neck this is going to be?

WAIS Document Retrieval

This will take you to the current house version of the bill. The only thing I could find in it regarding tax cuts before my eyes started to glaze over was a tax credit 400/800 dollars (single/joint) which on it's face won't come close to offsetting the increase in taxes most people will see when the Bush tax cuts expire.

Why would you assume I find Cavuto's OPINION credible or accurate?

I'll stick with PC's link.

Thanks for the continued non-starters.

But at least its not in conspiracies... that should make you happy.

Breaking news for the Obmanators you've been had-again. Jillian you are wrong in what you assume the OP sugested not that I expect you to rectify your mistake now or ever.

Good backtrack. And please don't assume that because I think you're disingenuous that I agree with Obama on all levels.

I just disagree with you more....

but i do appreciate how you represent the deadenders... you know, the 30% who only know how to say "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" because they L-O-S-T.

Good backtrack. And please don't assume that because I think you're disingenuous that I agree with Obama on all levels.

I just disagree with you more....

but i do appreciate how you represent the deadenders... you know, the 30% who only know how to say "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" because they L-O-S-T.

The more we see, the more it looks like all Americans lost.

but 62% of Americans disagree with you. Me? I think we lost in 2000. I don't like a lot of what's going on, but I also think the things that are being done are necessary to undo the damage done over the last 8 years.

And most economists agree with me. But the thing is, that wasn't his point. His point was to mslead, misrepresent and disparage.

There are enough real disagreements to be had and enough discussions to be had on whatis right and what is wrong without him and the others like him making up stuff as they go along.

but 62% of Americans disagree with you. Me? I think we lost in 2000. I don't like a lot of what's going on, but I also think the things that are being done are necessary to undo the damage done over the last 8 years.

And most economists agree with me. But the thing is, that wasn't his point. His point was to mslead, misrepresent and disparage.

There are enough real disagreements to be had and enough discussions to be had on whatis right and what is wrong without him and the others like him making up stuff as they go along.

We shall see, but I tend to agree that Americans will be hit with pretty hefty tax increases before long.

Is he gong to sign it or not? He's made another promise of the sort in which he let his forty dollar mouth overload his two bit ass. And in his original budget the credit didn't come close to offsetting the cost of letting the Bush tax cuts lapse for most Americans.

:lol::eusa_shhh:

How can supporters of Obama support yet another example of a failed promise? He ran a campaign based in great part upon the oft-repeated phrase of a tax cut for 95% of Americans. This was to remedy the legitimate concerns of many that he would be yet another tax n spend liberal. By repeated multiple times over and over and over again how 95% of Americans would see their taxes lowered by his administration, he helped secure an election win. In fact, that was most likely the one item many remembered from the Obama campaign - a TAX CUT.

Well, now we have his own adminstration backtracking and giving strong hints that in fact 95% of Americans will not be seeing a tax cut in the upcoming budget. Add this to his no earmarks pledge, his no lobbyists pledge, etc., and we see a political figure who is very much just more of the same.

The defense of such misleading political rhetoric is itself indefensible.

So what have we seen? A president who campaigned against deficits who will be doubling a deficit that took generations to accumulate in a handful of years. A president who railed against the evils of Wall Street, who now has his hand out hoping that Wall Street will be willing to endorse his toxic asset plan. A president who teleprompted outrage at the AIG bonuses that we later discovered his own administration and political party worked to protect. A president who pointed to the evils of lobbyists while inviting them into his own administration. And on and on and on...

The man has been an absolute failure of true leadership to this point.

How can supporters of Obama support yet another example of a failed promise? He ran a campaign based in great part upon the oft-repeated phrase of a tax cut for 95% of Americans. This was to remedy the legitimate concerns of many that he would be yet another tax n spend liberal. By repeated multiple times over and over and over again how 95% of Americans would see their taxes lowered by his administration, he helped secure an election win. In fact, that was most likely the one item many remembered from the Obama campaign - a TAX CUT.

Well, now we have his own adminstration backtracking and giving strong hints that in fact 95% of Americans will not be seeing a tax cut in the upcoming budget. Add this to his no earmarks pledge, his no lobbyists pledge, etc., and we see a political figure who is very much just more of the same.

The defense of such misleading political rhetoric is itself indefensible.

So what have we seen? A president who campaigned against deficits who will be doubling a deficit that took generations to accumulate in a handful of years. A president who railed against the evils of Wall Street, who now has his hand out hoping that Wall Street will be willing to endorse his toxic asset plan. A president who teleprompted outrage at the AIG bonuses that we later discovered his own administration and political party worked to protect. A president who pointed to the evils of lobbyists while inviting them into his own administration. And on and on and on...

The man has been an absolute failure of true leadership to this point.

Obama kook aide. Stuff has some kind of hypnotic effect on those that drink it. They become blind to the facts.

Forum List

Back