Only this administration could call THIS a victory.

you clearly do not understand the COTUS. IT gives the Senate absolute authority to approve treaties, those treaties are in noway required to conform to our COTUS. We do it all the time.

The idea of the Constitution is that the individual State governments gave authority to the federal government in the Constitution. The U.S. government does not get any authority from foreign nations just because of a treaty. I think it's you that doesn't understand the Constitution.

What are you babbling about? The COTUS doesn't , and indeed can't , give ANYONE rights. This is a simple concept that you and others just don't seem to get. All the COTUS does is dictate what rights the gov't can't take from you as an American citizen.

There are many situations that of course aren't mentioned in the COTUS at all, and the founding fathers never meant it to be all inclusive that is why they included an Amendment process and a SCOTUS to help sort things out.

You can cry all you want, but the fact is that there are mechanisms in place that legally allow the government to designate certain people at enemies and treat them thusly. That's not to say that our government doesn't at times act wrongly and go overboard; but that is another argument entirely.

What are you babbling about? I didn't say the Constitution gave anybody rights.

Yes, an amendment process, and until the Constitution is amended to allow the federal government to designate people as "enemy combatants" and detain them indefinitely they do not have that power.

There is no legal mechanism in place to allow the government to detain an "enemy combatant" indefinitely.

The idea of the Constitution is that the individual State governments gave authority to the federal government in the Constitution. The U.S. government does not get any authority from foreign nations just because of a treaty. I think it's you that doesn't understand the Constitution.

What are you babbling about? The COTUS doesn't , and indeed can't , give ANYONE rights. This is a simple concept that you and others just don't seem to get. All the COTUS does is dictate what rights the gov't can't take from you as an American citizen.

There are many situations that of course aren't mentioned in the COTUS at all, and the founding fathers never meant it to be all inclusive that is why they included an Amendment process and a SCOTUS to help sort things out.

You can cry all you want, but the fact is that there are mechanisms in place that legally allow the government to designate certain people at enemies and treat them thusly. That's not to say that our government doesn't at times act wrongly and go overboard; but that is another argument entirely.

Yes, an amendment process, and until the Constitution is amended to allow the federal government to designate people as "enemy combatants" and detain them indefinitely they do not have that power.

There is no legal mechanism in place to allow the government to detain an "enemy combatant" indefinitely.

who said indefinitely? I absolutely believe that as soon as the Muslims sign a peace treaty we should send all detainees home.

PS - Not EVERY change requires an Amendment, hence my statements regarding the Court.

who said indefinitely? I absolutely believe that as soon as the Muslims sign a peace treaty we should send all detainees home.

PS - Not EVERY change requires an Amendment, hence my statements regarding the Court.

Which Muslims should we sign this peace treaty with? Al-Qaeda? Taliban? Saddam's people? Or should we find some kind of terrorist union that represents all the terrorist organizations collectively? Not to mention we haven't actually declared war against anybody, so signing a peace treaty for what exactly?

So you support an "activist" Supreme Court that can simply rule whatever it wants with no thoughts as to what the Constitution actually says?

All I'm hearing is the same propaganda we heard before the Iraq fiasco.

So is Bush going to declare "marshall law", suspend the elections, and invade Iran? :lol:

Bush isn't President, so no he's not going to do anything.
You don't remember the breathless predictions tossed about the lefty blogosphere?

“So when Bush declares the war on terror will invade Iran. Pakistan and Afganistan go to war. He to will declare marshall law and suspend our elections in the name of national security. He will take over our government with his own private army and state his Presidency will last until the War on Terror is over. What will Congress do about that? Take a vote and give him that authority. Wake up America, "Times they are a changing".”

"bush is a puppet :
20 Jun 2008 5:40:41pm
Now if they could just see fit to impeach bush and cheney before they bomb iran and declare marshall law and suspend the elections.

And if people could see Obama and Mccain as nothing more than Council on Foriegn Relations agents working for Rothchilds thinktank.

Then maybe the free world would be the free world."

"I agree with Zen
but oddly enough, I moved the timeline up to the next two weeks, when we will attack Iran , and bush will try to suspend the coming elections due to a "state of War!!!". Then Marshall Law will be declared and we will have a bona fide Dictatorship! I'll be seeing you all at Camp Haliburton in sunny California soon! Can't wait to say "Hi" in person."

:rofl: Moonbats are stupid.

So is Bush going to declare "marshall law", suspend the elections, and invade Iran? :lol:

You don't remember the breathless predictions tossed about the lefty blogosphere?

“So when Bush declares the war on terror will invade Iran. Pakistan and Afganistan go to war. He to will declare marshall law and suspend our elections in the name of national security. He will take over our government with his own private army and state his Presidency will last until the War on Terror is over. What will Congress do about that? Take a vote and give him that authority. Wake up America, "Times they are a changing".”

"bush is a puppet :
Now if they could just see fit to impeach bush and cheney before they bomb iran and declare marshall law and suspend the elections.

And if people could see Obama and Mccain as nothing more than Council on Foriegn Relations agents working for Rothchilds thinktank.

"I agree with Zen
but oddly enough, I moved the timeline up to the next two weeks, when we will attack Iran , and bush will try to suspend the coming elections due to a "state of War!!!". Then Marshall Law will be declared and we will have a bona fide Dictatorship! I'll be seeing you all at Camp Haliburton in sunny California soon! Can't wait to say "Hi" in person."

I don't see how any of that is relevant.

"bush is a puppet :

"I agree with Zen

Pointing out that moonbats are stupid is always relevant.

"bush is a puppet :

"I agree with Zen

What exactly is a moonbat, and are you inferring that I am one?

Moonbat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Implying". No, I make no implications. Why? Feeling your toes stepped on?

Well it seems odd in our discussion that you continually make reference to things said by "leftists" and "moonbats" out of the blue as if I'm supposed to be offended by the things you're saying.

Moonbat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Implying". No, I make no implications. Why? Feeling your toes stepped on?

Well it seems odd in our discussion that you continually make reference to things said by "leftists" and "moonbats" out of the blue as if I'm supposed to be offended by the things you're saying.
It would seem odd, if that's what I was doing.

Forum List

Back