Only in America!

Well it seem the former executive of Taco Bell is suing the Uber Driver that recorded him and his assault against the Uber Driver.

California man charged with hitting Uber driver sues driver

Just crazy and instead of being ashamed of how he acted in that Uber car he instead is blaming the driver for his violent reaction...

This crazy taco is reaping what he sows.....The courts will throw it out.

d0b9d19c5c04a8128cebbb6c5ca7dfdb8d6cdbde877cce2c2346a7145c31ea3e.jpg

I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable in an Uber vehicle. This outfit from the owner/founder on down seems to be totally arrogant and unapologetic for any actions they take. It seems like they want to end the taxi business worldwide and should not obey any laws in any country in which they operate. Of course, news reports are always questionably accurate in their portrayal on just about anything. It appears that Uber will let any Tom, Dick or Harry who wants to pick up a few quick bucks drive their vehicles, whether licensed or not. I think I'd rather take my chances on a city bus.

I'm not sure I'd ever be comfortable in an Uber vehicle. This outfit from the owner/founder on down seems to be totally arrogant and unapologetic for any actions they take. It seems like they want to end the taxi business worldwide and should not obey any laws in any country in which they operate. Of course, news reports are always questionably accurate in their portrayal on just about anything. It appears that Uber will let any Tom, Dick or Harry who wants to pick up a few quick bucks drive their vehicles, whether licensed or not. I think I'd rather take my chances on a city bus.
Every Uber I've ever taken in DC has been lightyears better than a cab. Calling them and paying them is also much easier. Out of 100+ uses I've had just one bad experience and it was at 3:00 am when there were only 2 or 3 Ubers available and they hadn't received many ratings yet.

Only in America is there such ignorance of the law, as exhibited by this thread's premise.

The lawsuit is perfectly appropriate and consistent with civil law:

“As a result of media coverage, Golden says he suffered humiliation and the loss of his job. The lawsuit claims invasion of privacy, infliction of emotional distress and assault and battery.”

Well it seem the former executive of Taco Bell is suing the Uber Driver that recorded him and his assault against the Uber Driver.

California man charged with hitting Uber driver sues driver

Just crazy and instead of being ashamed of how he acted in that Uber car he instead is blaming the driver for his violent reaction...

That's because the guys a asshole of the first order. Hopefully the uber driver gets a good attorney who reams a new one to the dickhead and his fuckhead lawyer.

Only in America is there such ignorance of the law, as exhibited by this thread's premise.

“As a result of media coverage, Golden says he suffered humiliation and the loss of his job. The lawsuit claims invasion of privacy, infliction of emotional distress and assault and battery.”

Bullshit. It's a blatant case of malicious prosecution. Attorney my ass.

I read about that this morning and just shook my head. What a moron. That driver did not deserve what he got. And the taco bell guy was all sorry and shit then decided to sue and the vid being taped without his permission is just a load of shit. Good luck, bub, ever getting another job. Unless it's washing dishes or cleaning outhouses.

• Banned

You're defending the former Taco Bell executive and believe he has a case?

So the driver had no right to defend himself from being attacked?

Also you should watch this because he admitted to his guilt, so how the hell did the driver do any assault and battery when he was defending himself?

Appropriate my ass. The guy is an asshole and assaulted the driver. I hope this case gets tossed and he is ordered to pay his legal fees.

He's only sorry he got caught, lost his job, and, exposed to the world for being an asshole. Stories like this make my blood boil.

He's only sorry he got caught, lost his job, and, exposed to the world for being an asshole. Stories like this make my blood boil.

The only area of the lawsuit the former executive might have a chance with is the publishing of the video on Youtube without the executive permission.

California Recording Law | Digital Media Law Project

The assault and battery claim will be tossed in my opinion because the driver has the right to self defend himself.

California Self-Defense Laws

As for emotional distress and losing his job, well what did he expect to happen when he assaulted someone?

Did he believe he would get away with it, and claiming he can not remember the attack he committed is a very poor excuse, and will not work in his favor.

He is most likely upset that the driver refused to drop the lawsuit against him, and now want to punish the driver for his ( the executive ) own illegal actions.

The only area of the lawsuit the former executive might have a chance with is the publishing of the video on Youtube without the executive permission.

The assault and battery claim will be tossed in my opinion because the driver has the right to self defend himself.

As for emotional distress and losing his job, well what did he expect to happen when he assaulted someone?

Did he believe he would get away with it, and claiming he can not remember the attack he committed is a very poor excuse, and will not work in his favor.

He is most likely upset that the driver refused to drop the lawsuit against him, and now want to punish the driver for his ( the executive ) own illegal actions.

Not even so sure the wiretapping charge would hold up. What expectation of privacy can one expect in someone else's car (this is a rideshare, not a Taxicab or livery service)...especially with the vehicle door wide open.

Last edited:

No even so sure the wiretapping charge would hold up. What expectation of privacy can one expect in someone else's car (this is a rideshare, not a Taxicab or livery service)...especially with the vehicle door wide open.

It wouldn't. He has no expectation of privacy in a vehicle that doesn't belong to him. His whole case is a loser.

No even so sure the wiretapping charge would hold up. What expectation of privacy can one expect in someone else's car (this is a rideshare, not a Taxicab or livery service)...especially with the vehicle door wide open.

It wouldn't. He has no expectation of privacy in a vehicle that doesn't belong to him. His whole case is a loser.

Not even so sure the wiretapping charge would hold up. What expectation of privacy can one expect in someone else's car (this is a rideshare, not a Taxicab or livery service)...especially with the vehicle door wide open.

Like I wrote that might be the only thing he might have a case and I agree with the two of you on your remarks about it.

I just find it sad a pathetic that this guy would even attempt to bring a lawsuit like this, but he is not the first idiot to attempt it.

Forum List

Back