Only $65 dollars of Disposable income in New York? So much for a new ATV.

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Lol holy Crap ola on a cracker..

Despite making a six-figure salary, living in certain cities in the U.S. can make you feel like you are struggling to make ends me

These are the cities where you can make six figures and still struggle financially: study

The analysis found that in seven of the 100 metro areas reviewed, the average couple spends more than $100,000 on just the basics. The top 10 “worst places to make six figures” are San Jose, Calif., Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Calif., Boston, Mass., Bridgeport, Conn., Honolulu, Hawaii, Oxnard, Calif., New York, Worcester, Mass. and Minneapolis, respectively. Those living in San Jose have $1,046 in “unmet expenses each month,” the survey stated. In New York, they have about $65 in monthly disposable income.

Notice what all those places have in common? Commie areas. High taxation, high insurance rates and high union rates equal high cost of living. Typical big city shithole problems.

Most places in the US you can live comfortably on $100K a year. Some places you can live very well.

I have lived in two of the ones listed. I think DC is worse than NYC though. At least in New York, you don't ever really need a car in your day to day life. In DC you do so the metro is an added expense instead of a wash or money saver compared to NYC;s mass transit. Rent was worse in NYC though by about a grand a month for a much much smaller crib.

Notice what all those places have in common? Commie areas. High taxation, high insurance rates and high union rates equal high cost of living. Typical big city shithole problems.

Most places in the US you can live comfortably on $100K a year. Some places you can live very well.
Shit is high out here in the country also don't fool yerself.

You don't live there then.

If you rent it's $800-$1000 a month for an apartment or house rental.

Lol holy Crap ola on a cracker..

Despite making a six-figure salary, living in certain cities in the U.S. can make you feel like you are struggling to make ends me

These are the cities where you can make six figures and still struggle financially: study

The analysis found that in seven of the 100 metro areas reviewed, the average couple spends more than $100,000 on just the basics. The top 10 “worst places to make six figures” are San Jose, Calif., Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Calif., Boston, Mass., Bridgeport, Conn., Honolulu, Hawaii, Oxnard, Calif., New York, Worcester, Mass. and Minneapolis, respectively. Those living in San Jose have $1,046 in “unmet expenses each month,” the survey stated. In New York, they have about $65 in monthly disposable income.

Big Cities, it costs more to live in them... This is why wages are higher... Switzerland has the highest cost of living in the world, Somalia has one of the lowest.... Where would you like to live...

People who live in high cost of living areas alway complain but few move during there working life for that reason...

So Alabama is cheaper to live in than Hamptons... Who do you think is better off?

I have lived in two of the ones listed. I think DC is worse than NYC though. At least in New York, you don't ever really need a car in your day to day life. In DC you do so the metro is an added expense instead of a wash or money saver compared to NYC;s mass transit. Rent was worse in NYC though by about a grand a month for a much much smaller crib.

I lived in Georgetown in the 70s. Three story brick house on Q with a pool for $1200 PM split between 5 people. There was no METRO. You could still park on the streets just about anywhere.

I lived in Georgetown in the 70s. Three story brick house on Q with a pool for $1200 PM split between 5 people. There was no METRO. You could still park on the streets just about anywhere.
When I did a summer of duty in D.C(1985) a one bedroom apt. was $650.00 a month..

Isn't it ironic how the places that are the most left wing in this country are also the ones with the largest wealth inequality gap?

In Missouri, where?

Why would you want to go anywhere. I would have run up and down the Exorcist steps all day :biggrin:

I lived in Fairfax in a house with 6 people that ran $750 a month per person and my rent in NY, well that was a back breaking $4K split by 2 people, but both have been in the last decade. We would sometimes rent out our sofa for a week or two at a time in midtown to cut the cost. At least in Fairfax we had a yard. In Midtown, you could barely walk into the bathroom without turning sideways just to make it in the door. I could make a lot more money in either place but I am perfectly content to live in the land of "Where The Hell Is That Even At" with my 10 car "traffic jams" and acres of land to pee upon.

You make 100 grand a year and all you have left is $65 bucks?

What is the point of it?

I am sure you could live frugal but then your friends would laugh at you and say "you make 100 grand a year and only have 13 channels to choose from, you don't have a playbox?"

.lol...

In Missouri, where?

https://www.zillow.com/cape-girardeau-mo/rent-houses/

https://www.zillow.com/springfield-mo/rent-houses/

https://www.rent.com/missouri/rocheport-houses

The best always costs more

If By the "best" you mean over 200,000 homeless people living and shitting in the streets! California is the place for you. :9:

ZomboMeme 25062019103510.jpg

The best always costs more

If your definition of best includes feces covered sidewalks, typhus filled homeless encampments, excessive gasoline taxes, crumbling roads, congested traffic...and totalitarian Prog politicians aligned with entitled public employee unions who bleed the state, counties and cities dry.

Forum List

Back