Only $65 dollars of Disposable income in New York? So much for a new ATV.

I have lived in two of the ones listed. I think DC is worse than NYC though. At least in New York, you don't ever really need a car in your day to day life. In DC you do so the metro is an added expense instead of a wash or money saver compared to NYC;s mass transit. Rent was worse in NYC though by about a grand a month for a much much smaller crib.

I lived in Georgetown in the 70s. Three story brick house on Q with a pool for $1200 PM split between 5 people. There was no METRO. You could still park on the streets just about anywhere.

Why would you want to go anywhere. I would have run up and down the Exorcist steps all day :biggrin:

We did, and climbed the wall next to them! Oh, and then hit The Tombs, drink and argue with the Jesuits from GU.

Notice what all those places have in common? Commie areas. High taxation, high insurance rates and high union rates equal high cost of living. Typical big city shithole problems.

Most places in the US you can live comfortably on $100K a year. Some places you can live very well.
Shit is high out here in the country also don't fool yerself.

You don't live there then.

If you rent it's $800-$1000 a month for an apartment or house rental.

In Missouri, where?

https://www.zillow.com/cape-girardeau-mo/rent-houses/

https://www.zillow.com/springfield-mo/rent-houses/

https://www.rent.com/missouri/rocheport-houses

First two links houses for $800 ~$1,000 a month that would be million dollar houses in Seattle, so no apartment's?

The best always costs more

If By the "best" you mean over 200,000 homeless people living and shitting in the streets! California is the place for you. :9:

View attachment 266344
"Just give me the chance" I promise if you give me 100k I won't spend it on drugs and alcohol. I'll go buy a tent and Park it outside Nancy's gated compound. Then I'll invite all my friends to come shit on her sidewalk. I Promise!!!!!

Lol holy Crap ola on a cracker..

Despite making a six-figure salary, living in certain cities in the U.S. can make you feel like you are struggling to make ends me

These are the cities where you can make six figures and still struggle financially: study

The analysis found that in seven of the 100 metro areas reviewed, the average couple spends more than $100,000 on just the basics. The top 10 “worst places to make six figures” are San Jose, Calif., Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Calif., Boston, Mass., Bridgeport, Conn., Honolulu, Hawaii, Oxnard, Calif., New York, Worcester, Mass. and Minneapolis, respectively. Those living in San Jose have $1,046 in “unmet expenses each month,” the survey stated. In New York, they have about $65 in monthly disposable income.

I live in Toledo, the 3rd most affordable city behind El Paso and Lincoln. :)

Notice what all those places have in common? Commie areas. High taxation, high insurance rates and high union rates equal high cost of living. Typical big city shithole problems.

Most places in the US you can live comfortably on $100K a year. Some places you can live very well.

Not in NY.

In Missouri, where?

Yeah, I am curious too. I'm in North Kansas City right now visiting my sister and the rents in Northtown are considered high at 1200.

Up off of North Oak Trafficway you can get a whole house for under 1000.

I have lived in two of the ones listed. I think DC is worse than NYC though. At least in New York, you don't ever really need a car in your day to day life. In DC you do so the metro is an added expense instead of a wash or money saver compared to NYC;s mass transit. Rent was worse in NYC though by about a grand a month for a much much smaller crib.

I lived in Georgetown in the 70s. Three story brick house on Q with a pool for $1200 PM split between 5 people. There was no METRO. You could still park on the streets just about anywhere.

Why would you want to go anywhere. I would have run up and down the Exorcist steps all day :biggrin:

We did, and climbed the wall next to them! Oh, and then hit The Tombs, drink and argue with the Jesuits from GU.
LOL I never did the Tombs. Was the 9:30 Club on 9th and V open back in the day? Saw lots of decent shows there. I would do M St when people came to town and wanted to Georgetown. It was too much a PITA to do regular. I mostly went down to Shirlington/Crystal City to a few places we frequented regular. Was easier to get to.

LOL I never did the Tombs. Was the 9:30 Club on 9th and V open back in the day? Saw lots of decent shows there. I would do M St when people came to town and wanted to Georgetown. It was too much a PITA to do regular. I mostly went down to Shirlington/Crystal City to a few places we frequented regular. Was easier to get to.

The 9:30 Club didn't come along until the early 80s. Used to hit The Cellar Door, The Bayou and Blues Alley a lot. Lots of smaller venues.

Despite making a six-figure salary, living in certain cities in the U.S. can make you feel like you are struggling to make ends me

These are the cities where you can make six figures and still struggle financially: study

The analysis found that in seven of the 100 metro areas reviewed, the average couple spends more than $100,000 on just the basics. The top 10 “worst places to make six figures” are San Jose, Calif., Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Calif., Boston, Mass., Bridgeport, Conn., Honolulu, Hawaii, Oxnard, Calif., New York, Worcester, Mass. and Minneapolis, respectively. Those living in San Jose have $1,046 in “unmet expenses each month,” the survey stated. In New York, they have about $65 in monthly disposable income.

That's because big government Dem's latch onto your jugular like vampires and try to suck you dry to fund all their cushy government jobs for friends and family. Look into the NY patronage corruption holy crap!

all democratic run cities

Forum List

Back