One word for Sara Palin on "World News Tonight"

Yes he was right, regardless of the WMD debate. He had ample justification without the Doctrine, simply because Saddam did not abide by the terms of his GW1 surrender. Secondly, with the Doctrine, he was justified since Saddam was assisting Al Queda.

1. Which countries are we currently justified to invade? (Actually I see you answered earlier that you don't have a handy list. Got any estimates?)

2. Can you provide a link for the support of al qaeda by saddam?

Along with the contention that Saddam Hussein was stockpiling weapons of mass destruction, President Bush, Vice President Cheney and other top administration officials have often asserted that there were extensive ties between Hussein's government and Osama bin Laden's terrorist network; earlier this year, Cheney said evidence of a link was "overwhelming."

But the report of the commission's staff, based on its access to all relevant classified information, said that there had been contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda but no cooperation. In yesterday's hearing of the panel, formally known as the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, a senior FBI official and a senior CIA analyst concurred with the finding.

The staff report said that bin Laden "explored possible cooperation with Iraq" while in Sudan through 1996, but that "Iraq apparently never responded" to a bin Laden request for help in 1994. The commission cited reports of contacts between Iraq and al Qaeda after bin Laden went to Afghanistan in 1996, adding, "but they do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship. Two senior bin Laden associates have adamantly denied that any ties existed between al Qaeda and Iraq. We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States.

Last edited:
You have honestly never heard of the National Security Strategy of the United States? The Bush doctrine is fully outlined in the Sep 02 publication. I would provide you the link but clearly you have not done your homework and need to do the search yourself.

Good god man this was a major break with the international rule of law. How on earth could you have never heard of it or read it?

I guess you missed the post where about 10 different ABC reporters defined it differently.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/779831-post71.html

Last edited:
How on earth is our foreign policy with Japan any different than with Mexico or any other country? That is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard in my life. Do you honestly think that the United States operates without an articulated physical document that outlines our foreign policy?

Ours is a democracy governed by rule of law. Do you honestly not understand that each and every action our government takes has to have its basis on established rule of law?

Most Cons get their "news" from Rush Limbaugh, Matt Drudge, and Newsmax.

i.e., they're not particularly well informed. Although, they are trained like dogs to parrot republican propaganda. As these threads evidenced. It took them about 24 hours to get their marching orders, but today, almost in unison, they starting making excuses for why Gibson's question on the Bush Doctrine was unclear or unfair.

Everyone who is qualified to participate in national politics knows what the Bush doctrine is. Informed political message board posters know what it is, even if Dilloduck didn't.

The most telling part of that Gibson exchange, was that he tossed her about three life lines trying to get a decent answer. And after the second life line (Its Bush's "Worldview"!, says Palin) it was obvious she was bullshitting and stalling for time. Any adult who's seen someone try to bullshit their way through a college class, a meeting, or an interview has seen this a thousand times.

1. Which countries are we currently justified to invade? (Actually I see you answered earlier that you don't have a handy list. Got any estimates?)

1. Obviously Iran is a real possibility.
The study was commissioned by the Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Virginia, and produced by analysts at the Institute for Defense Analyses, a federally funded military think tank. It is entitled "Iraqi Perspectives Project: Saddam and Terrorism: Emerging Insights from Captured Iraqi Documents." The study is based on a review of some 600,000 documents captured in postwar Iraq. ......

Among the study's other notable findings:

In 1993, as Osama bin Laden's fighters battled Americans in Somalia, Saddam Hussein personally ordered the formation of an Iraqi terrorist group to join the battle there.

For more than two decades, the Iraqi regime trained non-Iraqi jihadists in training camps throughout Iraq.

According to a 1993 internal Iraqi intelligence memo, the regime was supporting a secret Islamic Palestinian organization dedicated to "armed jihad against the Americans and Western interests."

In the 1990s, Iraq's military intelligence directorate trained and equipped "Sudanese fighters."

In 1998, the Iraqi regime offered "financial and moral support" to a new group of jihadists in Kurdish-controlled northern Iraq.

In 2002, the year before the war began, the Iraqi regime hosted in Iraq a series of 13 conferences for non-Iraqi jihadist groups.

That same year, a branch of the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS) issued hundreds of Iraqi passports for known terrorists.

There is much, much more. Documents reveal that the regime stockpiled bombmaking materials in Iraqi embassies around the world and targeted Western journalists for assassination. In July 2001, an Iraqi Intelligence agent described an al Qaeda affiliate in Bahrain, the Army of Muhammad, as "under the wings of bin Laden." Although the organization "is an offshoot of bin Laden," the fact that it has a different name "can be a way of camouflaging the organization." The agent is told to deal with the al Qaeda group according to "priorities previously established."
Saddam's Dangerous Friends

i.e., they're not particularly well informed. Although, they are trained like dogs to parrot republican propaganda. As these threads evidenced. It took them about 24 hours to get their marching orders, but today, almost in unison, they starting making excuses for why Gibson's question on the Bush Doctrine was unclear or unfair.

Everyone who is qualified to participate in national politics knows what the Bush doctrine is. Informed political message board posters know what it is, even if Dilloduck didn't.

The most telling part of that Gibson exchange, was that he tossed her about three life lines trying to get a decent answer. And after the second life line (Its Bush's "Worldview"!, says Palin) it was obvious she was bullshitting and stalling for time. Any adult who's seen someone try to bullshit their way through a college class, a meeting, or an interview has seen this a thousand times.

More lies and bigotry.
I don't get any of my news from Rush. And Matt Drudge is just a site that posts links to outside sources. You shouldn't criticize something you've never even seen.

All my news comes from local channels and CNN. And the internet. I don't go to particular places for news, I google topics. I read the NYT, I read the WSG.

The assumption that the right are drooling idiots is going to bite you dumbasses in the...well, in the ass.

Is that where the ABC reporters get thier news too ?:lol:

You do realize that your full of shit, don't you? For example, I was busy working last night and didn't see the interview, and when I logged on late this morning and read some of the crap about Palin's so-called "gaffe" about the Bush Doctrine, I went to google using the terms "Palin interview transcript", found it immediately, then read it myself. It's pretty fucking obvious that the exact opposite of what you liberals are saying is true. :cuckoo:

1. Which countries are we currently justified to invade?
Any that threaten.

1998 (not Bush) Indictment of OBL:

4. Al Qaeda also forged alliances with the National Islamic Front in
the Sudan and with the government of Iran and its associated terrorist
group Hezballah for the purpose of working together against their
perceived common enemies in the West, particularly the United States.
In addition, al Qaeda reached an understanding with the government of
Iraq that al Qaeda would not work against that government and that on
particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al
Qaeda would work cooperatively with the Government of Iraq.

http://www.fas.org/irp/ne...1998/11/98110602_nlt.html

British Intelligence Warned Of Attacks in Baghdad

By Walter Pincus
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, July 15, 2004; Page A12

In February 2003, a month before the United States and coalition forces invaded Iraq, British intelligence received reports that Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab Zarqawi was establishing sleeper cells in Baghdad that would attack U.S. forces after they occupied the city, according a report on British prewar intelligence released yesterday in London.

In a prediction that has proved deadly accurate, the British Joint Intelligence Committee in March 2003 wrote, "These cells apparently intend to attack U.S. targets using car bombs and other weapons," according to yesterday's report by the Butler Commission. In the past year, Zarqawi has publicly claimed to have put together an Iraqi network that has committed dozens of bombings and killings, including the beheading of a Bulgarian truck driver that was revealed yesterday.

The March 12, 2003, JIC report also warned that "al Qaeda-associated terrorists continued to arrive in Baghdad in early March." Summarizing this information, the Butler panel noted that the JIC "did warn of the possibility of terrorist attacks on coalition forces in Baghdad."

A senior U.S. intelligence official said yesterday that the CIA was made aware of the reporting "simultaneously." The CIA and the Defense Intelligence Agency passed on warnings to Bush administration policymakers that U.S. forces would probably be attacked by "stay behind" Iraqi forces and Islamic terrorists who would be drawn to Iraq by the invasion, officials said.

http://www.washingtonpost...Jul14.html?nav=rss_nation

The devil you say! An al Qaeda terrorist harbored in Iraq even in the aftermath of the US's wrath over 9/11?

You do realize that your full of shit, don't you? For example, I was busy working last night and didn't see the interview, and when I logged on late this morning and read some of the crap about Palin's so-called "gaffe" about the Bush Doctrine, I went to google using the terms "Palin interview transcript", found it immediately, then read it myself. It's pretty fucking obvious that the exact opposite of what you liberals are saying is true. :cuckoo:

I can see Obama at home now saying " holy shit---I'm glad I didn't get that question ! " :rofl:

Any that threaten.

1998 (not Bush) Indictment of OBL:

http://www.fas.org/irp/ne...1998/11/98110602_nlt.html

http://www.washingtonpost...Jul14.html?nav=rss_nation

The devil you say! An al Qaeda terrorist harbored in Iraq even in the aftermath of the US's wrath over 9/11?
read the 911 commision report, proven false...no connection with saddam and alqaeda and 911....it was a beefed up lie that they knew by 2003 when we invaded iraq was not true....yet they used the excuse and implied saddam was connected to alqaeda and 911 anyway...

pincus is a pawn for the gvt and one of the reporters that was chosen by the administration to promote their lies just like judith miller was a pawn...

The woman DID NOT know what the Bush doctrine was. She is a walking shell. She she should die her hair blonde to stick with the stereotype. If her and Biden have a debate, he will eat her alive.

Forum List

Back