One word for Sara Palin on "World News Tonight"

Discussion in 'Congress' started by bigdaddygtr, Sep 12, 2008.

1. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    AWFUL.

Not only did she clearly show she knows nothing about foreign policy and was completely repeating the same crap told to her by McCain, but she also said absolutely nothing except, "Well, don't you know Alaska and Russia are real close so I've got plenty of experience with them." :clap2:

Fantastic, now lets all go out and get some mooseburgers

2. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,023
    her inexperience did show, the Bush Doctrine, and her not knowing this at all, stood out for me.

3. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,023
    oh, and the mooseburger comment was UNNECESSARY....it only fuels the sexism cry imo.

4. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,283
    It is baffling to me that 'dumb and dumber' could actually be elected to the highest office in our country. You see the failure of our corporations, you see science being advanced in Europe, you see China/India becoming world powers and who do the republicans select, last in his class and creationism in the schools.

America for Dummies: A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to sanction book banning and creationism as science.

The Conservative Nanny State
    CEPR - America Since 1980: A Right Turn Leading to a Dead End

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    How does it say sexism? She said she likes Mooseburgers! I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense, especially about me since I wanted Hillary to win as bad as Obama

6. Jeepers

Jeepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Just turned off Morning Joe because theyve stacked their quests with republicans and their talking points, said her performance wasnt that bad then went on to attack Obama... I think I woke up in an alternate universe...

This idiot would be next in line to run this country...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  7. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,023
    well, it equates to her knowing her food...or get in the kitchen and make us some mooseburgers.....

something that would only be implied or said to a woman.

And it is unnecessary on many other grounds as well, mainly because it hurts the Democrats/Obama to continually attack or moc the woman on things unrelated to Politics....it serves to do one thing, rile the base of women and rile the base of the religious right and rile the base of republicans in general....

At one point, we had a bunch of apathetic republicans with just mccain, the visceral attacks on Palin has changed ALL OF THAT, and not just with the religious right that would understandably love her, but all else left in the republican party too.

There is enough in this interview, regarding political issue stances and lack of knowledge that can be addressed and gone over with a fine tooth comb, without having to dismiss her to a mooseburger imho.

Care

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    *yawn*

Do you lefties actually believe the more you post this same old bullshit that it will somehow come true?

You hold Palin to a zero-defect standard; yet, let your own candidate slide for saying properly inflating your tires will offset offshore drilling.

All of this smear just adds up to fear and desperation. Get a clue.

9. Jeepers

Jeepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Um.. what points are you defending gunny... you think she hit it out of the park do ya.... Please explain your position here...

10. PeterS

PeterS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Smear? The Bush Doctrine lies at the center of our foreign policy. To be baffled by it, especially when sending a son to Iraq, is ignorance of such magnitude that she shouldn't be allowed out of her house much less hold public office.

I have no problem with a politician who is inexperienced but a major problem with one that is clearly ignorant and has yet to show us anything but contentment with that position.