One word for Sara Palin on "World News Tonight"

bigdaddygtr

Aug 28, 2008
AWFUL.

Not only did she clearly show she knows nothing about foreign policy and was completely repeating the same crap told to her by McCain, but she also said absolutely nothing except, "Well, don't you know Alaska and Russia are real close so I've got plenty of experience with them." :clap2:

Fantastic, now lets all go out and get some mooseburgers

her inexperience did show, the Bush Doctrine, and her not knowing this at all, stood out for me.

oh, and the mooseburger comment was UNNECESSARY....it only fuels the sexism cry imo.

It is baffling to me that 'dumb and dumber' could actually be elected to the highest office in our country. You see the failure of our corporations, you see science being advanced in Europe, you see China/India becoming world powers and who do the republicans select, last in his class and creationism in the schools.

America for Dummies: A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote to sanction book banning and creationism as science.

The Conservative Nanny State
CEPR - America Since 1980: A Right Turn Leading to a Dead End

oh, and the mooseburger comment was UNNECESSARY....it only fuels the sexism cry imo.

How does it say sexism? She said she likes Mooseburgers! I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense, especially about me since I wanted Hillary to win as bad as Obama

Just turned off Morning Joe because theyve stacked their quests with republicans and their talking points, said her performance wasnt that bad then went on to attack Obama... I think I woke up in an alternate universe...

This idiot would be next in line to run this country...

Last edited:
How does it say sexism? She said she likes Mooseburgers! I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense, especially about me since I wanted Hillary to win as bad as Obama
well, it equates to her knowing her food...or get in the kitchen and make us some mooseburgers.....

something that would only be implied or said to a woman.

And it is unnecessary on many other grounds as well, mainly because it hurts the Democrats/Obama to continually attack or moc the woman on things unrelated to Politics....it serves to do one thing, rile the base of women and rile the base of the religious right and rile the base of republicans in general....

At one point, we had a bunch of apathetic republicans with just mccain, the visceral attacks on Palin has changed ALL OF THAT, and not just with the religious right that would understandably love her, but all else left in the republican party too.

There is enough in this interview, regarding political issue stances and lack of knowledge that can be addressed and gone over with a fine tooth comb, without having to dismiss her to a mooseburger imho.

Care

AWFUL.

Not only did she clearly show she knows nothing about foreign policy and was completely repeating the same crap told to her by McCain, but she also said absolutely nothing except, "Well, don't you know Alaska and Russia are real close so I've got plenty of experience with them." :clap2:

*yawn*

Do you lefties actually believe the more you post this same old bullshit that it will somehow come true?

You hold Palin to a zero-defect standard; yet, let your own candidate slide for saying properly inflating your tires will offset offshore drilling.

All of this smear just adds up to fear and desperation. Get a clue.

*yawn*

Do you lefties actually believe the more you post this same old bullshit that it will somehow come true?

You hold Palin to a zero-defect standard; yet, let your own candidate slide for saying properly inflating your tires will offset offshore drilling.

Um.. what points are you defending gunny... you think she hit it out of the park do ya.... Please explain your position here...

*yawn*

Smear? The Bush Doctrine lies at the center of our foreign policy. To be baffled by it, especially when sending a son to Iraq, is ignorance of such magnitude that she shouldn't be allowed out of her house much less hold public office.

I have no problem with a politician who is inexperienced but a major problem with one that is clearly ignorant and has yet to show us anything but contentment with that position.

Smear? The Bush Doctrine lies at the center of our foreign policy. To be baffled by it, especially when sending a son to Iraq, is ignorance of such magnitude that she shouldn't be allowed out of her house much less hold public office.

I have no problem with a politician who is inexperienced but a major problem with one that is clearly ignorant and has yet to show us anything but contentment with that position.

Before yesterday I bet 90% of the people here didnt know what the Bush doctrine was either. I think even I would have asked "which Bush Doctrine ? "

Before yesterday I bet 90% of the people here didnt know what the Bush doctrine was either. I think even I would have asked "which Bush Doctrine ? "
Does that mean 90% of the people here are qualified to be VP?

I bet Obama and Biden know what it is. Heck, there's a slim possibility McCain knows what it is.

She asked the questioner to be more specific, then answered the specific question. :cuckoo:

her inexperience did show, the Bush Doctrine, and her not knowing this at all, stood out for me.
Gee, to me it seems like she had poor ol' Charlie on the ropes:

GIBSON: Do you agree with the Bush doctrine?

PALIN: In what respect, Charlie?

GIBSON: The Bush — well, what do you interpret it to be?

PALIN: His world view?

GIBSON: No, the Bush doctrine, annunciated September 2002, before the Iraq War.

PALIN: I believe that what President Bush has attempted to do is rid this world of Islamic extremism, terrorists who are hell-bent on destroying our nation. There have been blunders along the way, though. There have been mistakes made, and with new leadership, and that’s the beauty of American elections, of course, and democracy, is with new leadership comes opportunity to do things better.

GIBSON: The Bush doctrine as I understand it is that we have the right of anticipatory self-defense, that we have the right to a preemptive strike against any country that we think is going to attack us. Do you agree with us?

PALIN: Charlie, if there is legitimate and enough intelligent and legitimate evidence that tells us that a strike is imminent against American people, we have every right to defend our country.

GIBSON: Do we have the right to be making cross-border attacks into Pakistan, from Afghanistan, with or without the approval of the Pakistani government?

PALIN: As for our right to invade, we’re going to work with these countries, building new relationships, working with existing allies, but forging new also, in order to, Charlie, get to a point in this world, where war is not going to be a first option. In fact, war has got to be and military strike a last option.

GIBSON: But governor, I am asking you, do we have the right, in your mind, to go across the border, with or without the approval of the Pakistani government?

PALIN: In order to stop Islamic extremists, those terrorists who would seek to destroy America, and our allies, we must do whatever it takes, and we must not blink, Charlie. In making those tough decisions of where we go, and even who we target.

GIBSON: And let me finish with this. I got lost in a blizzard of words there. Is that a yes, that you think we have the right to go across the border, with or without the approval of the Pakistani government? To go after terrorists who are in the Waziristan area?

PALIN: I believe that America has to exercise all options in order to stop the terrorists who are hell-bent on destroying America, and our allies. We have got to have all options out there on the table.

we were not under and attack with Iraq and the Bush Doctrine was used....enough said imho and it is the first doctrine that should be eliminated with the next president.

the Bush Doctrine is NEW and has nothing to do with actions of an imminent self defense, which had been the usa's policy.

Palin, did not know this, did not know what the Bush Doctrine was....imo.

AWFUL.

She was awful. My one word for her is....PIG

Wait, don't we have a thread right now sponsored by a leftoid claiming that the attacks into Pakistan without prior approval are also Obama's policy?

Hasn't the democrats, in fact, demanded EXACTLY that?

Palin isn't 90% of the country-she is one of two candidates for the office of vice -president of the United States. Do you honestly think that our political leaders should not understand their own parties platform as well as the nations platform on foreign policy? God, I have to cringe....

Wait, don't we have a thread right now sponsored by a leftoid claiming that the attacks into Pakistan without prior approval are also Obama's policy?

Hasn't the democrats, in fact, demanded EXACTLY that?

Eventually, the Republicans will do everything the Democrats say, only they'll wait a week or two so it looks like they came up with the idea.

If only they would take our advice before fucking everything up first....

Forum List

Back