One word for Sara Palin on "World News Tonight"

Any that threaten.

Did Iraq threaten? And can you give a number of countries, or a short list? Are we justified to be carrying out troop movements into Pakistan at the moment? Are we justified to initiate strikes against Iran or Russia, at the moment? What about some of the state sponsors of terror in Africa? What about Chavez' country? Etc? Where do we draw the line today? How is that different from where we drew the line in 2003?

1998 (not Bush) Indictment of OBL:

Thanks, yes, Clinton has been clear that he supported Bush (initially anyway) and that it was a tough call and a hard spot.

One of the problems with what Bush did, one of the MAJOR problems, is that Bush cherry-picked intelligence and intimidated nay-sayers in order to drum up support. This is not only unethical, it backfired - as anyone with any common sense would have predicted.

Had he been making a good faith representation of the actual intelligence, and welcomed dissenting opinions, he would have ended up in a much better position.

Palin does not welcome dissenting voices, if her mayorship is any indication. She is an idealogue and she sees her strict ideology as a strength. Bush has shown that such a mindset is a weakness and leads to failure.

COMMON SENSE tells us that this is a bad mentality for a P or VP. She wants yes-men. She believes 'not blinking' is a strength. If you agree, fine - this is a democracy. I feel like it's worth pointing out that this was Bush's mentality too.

http://www.fas.org/irp/ne...1998/11/98110602_nlt.html

http://www.washingtonpost...Jul14.html?nav=rss_nation

The devil you say! An al Qaeda terrorist harbored in Iraq even in the aftermath of the US's wrath over 9/11?

Thanks, I was familiar with the establishment of terrorist cells in Iraq after the invasion. It is one of the ironies of the pre-emption policy. As is the increase in terror worldwide, presumably indicating an increase in terrorist recruitment.

0701_waldman_graph1.jpg

Pre-emptive strikes are a failed policy.

Last edited:
Did Iraq threaten? And can you give a number of countries, or a short list? Are we justified to be carrying out troop movements into Pakistan at the moment? Are we justified to initiate strikes against Iran or Russia, at the moment? What about some of the state sponsors of terror in Africa? What about Chavez' country? Etc? Where do we draw the line today? How is that different from where we drew the line in 2003?

Thanks, yes, Clinton has been clear that he supported Bush (initially anyway) and that it was a tough call and a hard spot.

One of the problems with what Bush did, one of the MAJOR problems, is that Bush cherry-picked intelligence and intimidated nay-sayers in order to drum up support. This is not only unethical, it backfired - as anyone with any common sense would have predicted.

Had he been making a good faith representation of the actual intelligence, and welcomed dissenting opinions, he would have ended up in a much better position.

Palin does not welcome dissenting voices, if her mayorship is any indication. She is an idealogue and she sees her strict ideology as a strength. Bush has shown that such a mindset is a weakness and leads to failure.

Thanks, I was familiar with the establishment of terrorist cells in Iraq after the invasion. It is one of the ironies of the pre-emption policy. As is the increase in terror worldwide, presumably indicating an increase in terrorist recruitment.

0701_waldman_graph1.jpg

Pre-emptive strikes are a failed policy.

As is appeasement.

And, after the interview, she then linked 9/11 and Iraq, in a speech to the soldiers that were about to ship out.

washingtonpost.com

Politics of fear, and exploiting 9/11 on its anniversary to either lie to the troops, displaty her own ignorance, or create another firestorm. ANy way you cut it she is a nut with no place a heartbeat away from LOTFW.

And, after the interview, she then linked 9/11 and Iraq, in a speech to the soldiers that were about to ship out
---
That didn't happen either.....Palin was certainly talking about Iraq as it is today, now...............and today, Iraq is the place where the terrorists are...where AQ is making a feeble stand, where the muslim fanatics are terrorizing the Iraq people.....

but do keep trying,....freeble trys from feeble minds...

And, after the interview, she then linked 9/11 and Iraq, in a speech to the soldiers that were about to ship out
---
That didn't happen either.....Palin was certainly talking about Iraq as it is today, now...............and today, Iraq is the place where the terrorists are...where AQ is making a feeble stand, where the muslim fanatics are terrorizing the Iraq people.....

but do keep trying,....freeble trys from feeble minds...

I'm not sure this is quite right. Is it fair to say that Iraq is where "muslim fanatics are terrorizing the Iraqi people?"

And, if it is, isn't this the result of our invasion?

It seems convoluted to me.

Now, I agree, she may not have intended to link september the 11th and Iraq. She may have had a more nuanced meaning, as you suggest. You may be right. She may have meant that although Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, that it was important to send troops to Iraq now, because Al qaeda has moved into Iraq --- as a result of us invading Iraq -

...that Iraqis are dying in Iraq because Al qaeda is there now because we invaded on limited intelligence - Because Bush didn't stop to think - or listen to people with differing opinions -

I'm not quite getting it. This is a good argument how? <puzzled>

But you are absolutely right, she may not have meant to imply that the guys that flew the airplanes were from Iraq. My bad.

NATIONAL JOURNAL: Key Bush Intelligence Briefing Kept From Hill Panel (11/22/05)

The Sept. 11 commission reported yesterday that it has found no "collaborative relationship" between Iraq and al Qaeda, challenging one of the Bush administration's main justifications for the war in Iraq. Al Qaeda-Hussein Link Is Dismissed (washingtonpost.com)

9/11 panel sees no Iraq-al-Qaida link - Security - MSNBC.com

The impact of Bush linking 9/11 and Iraq | csmonitor.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWdq7hg4dLU]YouTube - Cheney admits no Iraq/9-11 Connection[/ame]

BBC NEWS | Americas | Probe rules out Iraq-9/11 links

CNN.com - Kerry challenges Bush on Iraq-9/11 connection - Sep 12, 2004

Good then. we have two pieces of common ground to start with. She is a mean bitch, and she's pretty.

The woman DID NOT know what the Bush doctrine was. She is a walking shell. She she should die her hair blonde to stick with the stereotype. If her and Biden have a debate, he will eat her alive.
I was reading earlier that she didn't even know the definition of the word doctrine. Now, that's a little scary.

I was reading earlier that she didn't even know the definition of the word doctrine. Now, that's a little scary.

But we can agree that she is pretty...shallow. I read that her hsuband is being served a subpeona concerning her abuse of powers investigation in Alaska but I can't find a link.

If she is proficient at the abuse of powers, she would have fit well with the outgoing booooosh administration. You agree?

how do you like middle school?

Skipped it...went straight on to college from grade school. I guess it was a hormonal thing, which also explains my large feet and other appendages.

Forum List

Back