One undeniable fact.

It's hardly debatable that obama isn't a complete failure at foreign policy, domestic policy, and economic policy. The one undeniable fact is that if obama was white, he's be well into double digits behind Romney in all polls.

LOVE that Rabbi thanked you for this.

I love you conservatives on this site, who bitch about how liberals always bring up racism, and yet one of your favorite talking points is how Obama only won and is only well liked, and is only tying Romney because hes black.

God forbid you actually consider the possibility that, in part, the reason Obama won by such large margins last time was because of how badly Bush led our nation. And that the reason Obama is running neck and neck with Romney, is in large part to how bad the republican picked candidate is.

No no, don't take any responsibility for your poor choices, it must be because he's black.

They're almost always the only one invoking the reference to Obama being a "messiah" too.

I really think Obama was a good president; not a great one but a good one. I think they know that to be the case as well. We're winding down one of the wars Bush started, we're out of the other one; we're repairing the economy.

The personal attacks are the ones that get the most traction since there isn't emperical data to back it up nor does there need to be.

It's hardly debatable that obama isn't a complete failure at foreign policy, domestic policy, and economic policy. The one undeniable fact is that if obama was white, he's be well into double digits behind Romney in all polls.
You seem to be suffering from reverse white guilt.

I love you conservatives on this site, who bitch about how liberals always bring up racism, and yet one of your favorite talking points is how Obama only won and is only well liked, and is only tying Romney because hes black.

God forbid you actually consider the possibility that, in part, the reason Obama won by such large margins last time was because of how badly Bush led our nation. And that the reason Obama is running neck and neck with Romney, is in large part to how bad the republican picked candidate is.

No no, don't take any responsibility for your poor choices, it must be because he's black.
Thank you.

What else did he have going for him? How did he generate the wave to over come Hillary who herself and other democrats had to all locked up and he rode over her on a wave of what? Hope? Do you honestly he played that card?

He had hope, and change.

He was a fresh face that didn't carry the baggage tha Hiliary had. He wasn't the establishment pick, he hadn't been in Washington long( which was another plus). He is a charismatic speaker who convinced not just dems, but a majority of the American people that a vote for him, was a vote for change, a vote agaist the last 8 years of war and decline and the constant eroding of the constitution.

Uh, no. Yes, he had that. But the media gave him a total pass. No one investigated his past. No one asked hard questions like, How was a Chicago machine politician going to shift the debate to a post-partisan atmosphere? No one asked how someone with obviously radical credentials was going to be a centrist. Etc etc. They didnt care. He was a "clean articulate black man". That's all they cared about.

If Obama were white there would be absolutely nothing special about him - just another white liberal politician - and Hillary Cinton would be occupying the white house.

What else did he have going for him? How did he generate the wave to over come Hillary who herself and other democrats had to all locked up and he rode over her on a wave of what? Hope? Do you honestly he played that card?

He had hope, and change.

He was a fresh face that didn't carry the baggage tha Hiliary had. He wasn't the establishment pick, he hadn't been in Washington long( which was another plus). He is a charismatic speaker who convinced not just dems, but a majority of the American people that a vote for him, was a vote for change, a vote agaist the last 8 years of war and decline and the constant eroding of the constitution.

and how'd that work out for ya?

He had hope, and change.

Uh, no. Yes, he had that. But the media gave him a total pass. No one investigated his past. No one asked hard questions like, How was a Chicago machine politician going to shift the debate to a post-partisan atmosphere? No one asked how someone with obviously radical credentials was going to be a centrist. Etc etc. They didnt care. He was a "clean articulate black man". That's all they cared about.

I thought that was because the media is a liberal propaganda machine?

He had hope, and change.

Eh... Yes and no. See... He, like Mitt, didn't have much of a political background. That worked in his favor given our "scare tactics" type of political structure rather than "vote for my guy because he believes X and will do X"

Said another way it's more important to prove the other guy is unworthy, rather than proving yourself worthy. Which is something I think the majority of moderates and independents have picked up on and are instead looking for worthy candidates rather than buy into one is more unworthy than another... But R&L wingers really haven't.

He had hope, and change.

Eh... Yes and no. See... He, like Mitt, didn't have much of a political background. That worked in his favor given our "scare tactics" type of political structure rather than "vote for my guy because he believes X and will do X"

Said another way it's more important to prove the other guy is unworthy, rather than proving yourself worthy. Which is something I think the majority of moderates and independents have picked up on and are instead looking for worthy candidates rather than buy into one is more unworthy than another... But R&L wingers really haven't.
Um, Mitt was elected governor of Massachuessets. He's been in politics for like 20 years.

Um, Mitt was elected governor of Massachuessets. He's been in politics for like 20 years.
He's had one term for Governor. Same as Obama.

Anything else he has done is like saying high school football is the same as the NFL.

Edit: To make sure you don't get off track of the primary meaning I was going after, I repeat:

Last edited:

Anything else he has done is like saying high school football is the same as the NFL.

What state was Obama the governor of?

What state was Obama the governor of?
Oh fuck... You right... LOL

I rep you. Bad Shelzin... bad.

edit: Bad deal that a man who didn't even get in on the state level made it to president. Really shows just how stupid the Republicans have been getting. And Mitt is further proof of that.

Last edited:
He had hope, and change.

And he was in way over his head... And he still is. All because people were brainwashed by the words "hope and change"... Sad.

Republicans never have a shot at the white house in 08. I'm not sure why they wasted a candidate like McCain in the 08 race. So while Hope and Change got Obama into the white house, there was no chance any message the GOP could have preached would have landed them there.

You're right, the Republican candidates sucked in 2008... You had the best candidate, but you let emotion take precedence over common sense. Democrats should have elected Hillary as their candidate, she was far more experienced than Obama ever will be. As much as I dislike the Clinton's, we would have had a two for one deal. They would have done much better on the Economy than Barry did, and foreign Policy would have been a non-issue. You Democrats had a choice in 2008... Use your brains and elect Hillary, or use your emotions and elect Barry. You chose emotions. You Democrats blew it because you'd have easily strolled through the 2010, 2012, and 2014 elections, and had a lock on the Oval Office until 2016 had you chosen Hillary... Now you have got to live with your mistakes and bitch for four years why you lost power, and Romney is your President. The big problem you have now is that Barry has been so destructive you may have lost power indefinitely... Once you chose Barry in 08, you committed Political suicide... Scott Walker was proof of that... Still stings doesn't it?

Forum List

Back