One undeniable fact.

I firmly believe race played a role in his initial victory. Now? I think stupidity is a larger factor to him still being in it.

How?

Let's look at the breakdown of the racial vote.

96% of blacks voted for him, but 89% of them voted for the Lilly White John Kerry.

69% of Hispanics voted for him, but again, 56% of them vote for Kerry. This had not a lot to do with race, but because McCain walked away from his own immigration reform plan and embraced the Tancredo craziness on immigration.

Obama got 45% of the White vote, compared to 42% of the white vote Kerry got. So, really, not much of a shift.

Asians- Kerry got 56% of their vote, Obama got 64...

So, really, nothing to do with race, all the races shifted a bit, but not much. Probably had a lot more to do with two massively unpopular wars and a wrecked economy and McCain looked like an old guy who couldn't multi-task. Oh, yeah, and he picked a clinically retarded running-mate.

So why is he beating Romney?

Well let's see.

Weird Religion.
Contempt for working people and 47% of the population.
Inability to connect with people.
Misogynistic policies towards women

And President Obama is that much better a candidate than John Kerry was.

I firmly believe race played a role in his initial victory. Now? I think stupidity is a larger factor to him still being in it.

How?

Let's look at the breakdown of the racial vote.

96% of blacks voted for him, but 89% of them voted for the Lilly White John Kerry.

69% of Hispanics voted for him, but again, 56% of them vote for Kerry. This had not a lot to do with race, but because McCain walked away from his own immigration reform plan and embraced the Tancredo craziness on immigration.

Obama got 45% of the White vote, compared to 42% of the white vote Kerry got. So, really, not much of a shift.

Asians- Kerry got 56% of their vote, Obama got 64...

So, really, nothing to do with race, all the races shifted a bit, but not much. Probably had a lot more to do with two massively unpopular wars and a wrecked economy and McCain looked like an old guy who couldn't multi-task. Oh, yeah, and he picked a clinically retarded running-mate.

So why is he beating Romney?

Well let's see.

Weird Religion.
Contempt for working people and 47% of the population.
Inability to connect with people.
Misogynistic policies towards women

And President Obama is that much better a candidate than John Kerry was.

and Bush-43 was a much better candidate than McCain or Romney.

Although McCain was not the complete disaster I thought he was going to be. I really thought his temper in 2000 would resurface and he'd implode.

Romney is proving to be every inch the disaster I expected him to be. Maybe even worse.

Absolutely sure that stupidity is THE major factor, but that doesn't change the undeniable fact that if he was white, he'd be done. He's a failure at everything except getting elected.

only racists think it was about race...

for most people it just seemed like a good thing that a barrier was lifted.

it wasn't a cause and effect. if you ran one of the rightwing water carriers who happened to be black, they'd lose.

the color has to go with a real person who has a brain and doesn't skeeve half the country.

colin powell or condo would probably win if they ran. and it's insulting and ignorant to say it was about color. he was a better candidate. it is also shown to be a lie by the fact that mccain was ahead til the economy crashed and palin turned out to be even stupider than we thought.

Absolutely sure that stupidity is THE major factor, but that doesn't change the undeniable fact that if he was white, he'd be done. He's a failure at everything except getting elected.

it wasn't a cause and effect. if you ran one of the rightwing water carriers who happened to be black, they'd lose.

the color has to go with a real person who has a brain and doesn't skeeve half the country.

colin powell or condo would probably win if they ran. and it's insulting and ignorant to say it was about color. he was a better candidate. it is also shown to be a lie by the fact that mccain was ahead til the economy crashed and palin turned out to be even stupider than we thought.

...and again. :confused:

Give it up. Being called a racist has no meaning anymore.

Give it up. Being called a racist has no meaning anymore.

i'm sure you've heard it a lot.

but... pssssst... you're the ones who keep ranting about race.

oops.

He's had one term for Governor. Same as Obama.

Anything else he has done is like saying high school football is the same as the NFL.

What state was Obama the governor of?
Oh fuck... You right... LOL

I rep you. Bad Shelzin... bad.

edit: Bad deal that a man who didn't even get in on the state level made it to president. Really shows just how stupid the Republicans have been getting. And Mitt is further proof of that.

You are really an uninformed twit.

Why not post in the cooking or travel section?

Obama would not have been elected if he was white - fact.

Of course race played a part in his winning. It couldn't have been campaign organization, a winning message and great political skills.

His winning this time won't be due to greater ground game, defining mitt when it was early, campaign strength, etc.

It's always about race.

Realisticlly speaking yes, because race is one of the largest issues facing people, its Instinct to vote for someone from the same group be it a race or political party, it was due in large part to his being black its still is add to that the Democrats voting for him as their Candidate as well as the women and it couldn't be helped thats more then half the country. People are stupid

Last edited:

Disagree.

If a white "hip" guy was able to paint McCain as a confused feeble has been like the Obama campaign did.....the white "hip" guy would have won as well.

Obama did not win based on his experience; he did not win based on his potential....he won based on his presentation.

Axelrod is a campaign genius.

However...it is a lot more difficult to use your "genius" when there is a record behind you.

Disagree.

If a white "hip" guy was able to paint McCain as a confused feeble has been like the Obama campaign did.....the white "hip" guy would have won as well.

Obama did not win based on his experience; he did not win based on his potential....he won based on his presentation.

Axelrod is a campaign genius.

However...it is a lot more difficult to use your "genius" when there is a record behind you.

He would not have defeated Clinton, as matter of fact, with his resume, he wouldn't have any business running in that primary.

I give Axelrod credit for running an inspiring campaign and Obama for being a talented politican, but Obama was pushed up the ranks, by the powers that be because he was black.

What state was Obama the governor of?
Oh fuck... You right... LOL

I rep you. Bad Shelzin... bad.

edit: Bad deal that a man who didn't even get in on the state level made it to president. Really shows just how stupid the Republicans have been getting. And Mitt is further proof of that.

You are really an uninformed twit.

Why not post in the cooking or travel section?
And miss your insightful posts? Hell no.

if by "fact", we mean your "opinion".

hey, rocko.

What's up Jillian!

OK, I admit, it is an opinion...Do you agree with my opinion?

I don't agree with you. President Obama was running against the Republican version of John Kerry... come to think of it, he is running against a second Republican version of John Kerry. One has to wonder if the Republicans don't want the White House again.

Immie

if by "fact", we mean your "opinion".

hey, rocko.

What's up Jillian!

OK, I admit, it is an opinion...Do you agree with my opinion?

I don't agree with you. President Obama was running against the Republican version of John Kerry... come to think of it, he is running against a second Republican version of John Kerry. One has to wonder if the Republicans don't want the White House again.

Immie
I agree.

Forum List

Back