One Thread for Homosexuality, Marriage, etc., etc... My Take, for the Record

Civil Unions are for Legal, Medical stuff...

Marriage is for those with the Possibility of Forwarding this Species and Children don't Need to be Confused by Validating Adult Deviancy...

:)

peace...

Marriage is for the church.

The State doesn't have a place in sanctioning, certifying, credentialling, or authorizing the act of attempting to forward this species, nor does it have the place in validating adult deviancy or validating other acts of genital manipulation or arousal.

That's your Opinion... an Opinion that Defies what has been since the Foundation...

I Respect it, and Partly Agree with it, but that doesn't Change the Facts...

peace...

Marriage is for those with the Possibility of Forwarding this Species and Children don't Need to be Confused by Validating Adult Deviancy...

peace...

The State doesn't have a place in sanctioning, certifying, credentialling, or authorizing the act of attempting to forward this species, nor does it have the place in validating adult deviancy or validating other acts of genital manipulation or arousal.

The state certainly DOES have a place in encouraging the propagation of its own population, as it does in encouraging that population being raised to be decent, law-abiding, and productive. If it doesn't, then we need to close down every Child Welfare office in every state, because the state has no place in the well-being of our children.

I have been ignoring the nonsensical argument that monogamy isn't best for reproduction for a while, but it's time that someone point out the blindingly obvious: that there's more to continuing the species than merely producing scads of children. It is then necessary to raise them into useful adults, and that is where monogamous, heterosexual marriages are the best and optimal choice.

peace...

That's your Opinion... an Opinion that Defies what has been since the Foundation...

I Respect it, and Partly Agree with it, but that doesn't Change the Facts...

peace...

What facts?

Is Marriage a Right given to us as Americans by the Constitution?

I don't really care how this issue relates to how our bodies were created and the purpose for which they were meant to be used.

The state certainly DOES have a place in encouraging the propagation of its own population, as it does in encouraging that population being raised to be decent, law-abiding, and productive. If it doesn't, then we need to close down every Child Welfare office in every state, because the state has no place in the well-being of our children.

I have been ignoring the nonsensical argument that monogamy isn't best for reproduction for a while, but it's time that someone point out the blindingly obvious: that there's more to continuing the species than merely producing scads of children. It is then necessary to raise them into useful adults, and that is where monogamous, heterosexual marriages are the best and optimal choice.

The Pro-Homosexual Marriage or no Marriage at all Left isn't about Closing HIV Clinics or Planned Parenthoods or Needle Exchanges that are Run at least Partially on the Taxpayer Dime, but Damn it if they don't want to Destroy Marriage as it is Known if Homosexuals aren't given Validation in Law and Called "Married"...

peace..

peace...

So heterosexual couples who can't make children (or choose not to have kids) are not to be allowed marriage. Also, there is no such thing as sperm banks, surrogate mothers, or adoption services for those couples (heterosexual or homosexual) who want kids.

That old argument that marriage is for procreation is an archaic fallacy. Nice typical attempt though.

It's a Natural Fact, and simply because Homosexuals are 100% Incapable, 100% of the Time, doesn't mean they get to Punish Heteros who may or may not be, or who may or may not Choose to...

Homosexuals and Heterosexuals are not Equal in Respect to Marriage, Naturally, or Legally regarding this REPUBLIC and it's History.

peace...

You gave a fine example of a non sequitur and a fallacy of appealing to tradition. First of all, how does gay marriage punish heterosexual couples? Secondly, as I explained previously, just because something has a history does not mean that it should remain as it is.

The only difference between homosexual couples and heterosexual couples is that homosexual couples can't create children on their own. That difference is insignificant in light of sperm banks, surrogate mothers, and adoption centers. Because these things make that argument moot, the inability to procreate naturally is no reason to prohibit homosexual marriage.

peace...

so if two people are 80 and living in a nursing home, they can't legally marry because they are no longer capable of propagating the species?

btw... that same silliness was said about interacial marriage and de-segregating the military.

and if you look at Loving v Virginia, you'll find that marriage is considered a fundamental right which can't be denied.

peace...

so if two people are 80 and living in a nursing home, they can't legally marry because they are no longer capable of propagating the species?

btw... that same silliness was said about interacial marriage and de-segregating the military.

and if you look at Loving v Virginia, you'll find that marriage is considered a fundamental right which can't be denied.
actually, it would be dumb for 2 80 year olds to get married
they would lose one of their SSI incomes

(Sigh) Some people staill claim that children of gay parents are less well adjusted, development more poorly, and are psychologicall worse off than are children of heterosexual couples. Such outdated and prejudicial notions have been discounted by observations and research done by many respected organizations, many of which exist simply to help the welfare of children.

LGBT parenting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Mainstream professional organizations with expertise in child welfare have issued reports and resolutions in support of gay and lesbian parental rights in the United States include the American Psychiatric Association, the National Association of Social Workers, Child Welfare League of America, the American Bar Association, the North American Council on Adoptable Children, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Psychoanalytic Association, the American Academy of Family Physicians, in the UK, the Royal College of Psychiatrists, and in Canada, the Canadian Psychological Association. The American Psychological Association supports adoption and parenting by same-sex couples, citing social prejudice as harming the psychological health of lesbians and gays while noting there is no empiric evidence that their parenting causes harm. The American Medical Association has issued a similar position supporting same-sex adoption, stating that while there is little evidence against LGBT parenting, lack of formal recognition can cause health-care disparities for children of same-sex parents."

Wait. Let me guess. Are you really going to say that some "gay mafia" has infiltrated each and every one of these large organizations and bullied their representatives into holding such positions. Perhaps a disgruntled ex-member (with his own bias) of one of these organizations might say such about his organization, but I doubt that anyone can reasonably conclude that all of the rest of them have given up their respected standards for the whims of some gay mafia.

Next, please.

You gave a fine example of a non sequitur and a fallacy of appealing to tradition. First of all, how does gay marriage punish heterosexual couples? .

I didn't say it did...

And because I am already Entertaining More than ONE of you guys with an Understanding or Retention Issue regarding Reading, I will Restate what I said...

Homosexuals being Denied Marriage is leading those who Favor it to Suggest Punishing some Heterosexuals by Denying them Marriage based on Standards that can't be Realistically Applied...

An Example is Denying a Heterosexual Couple Marriage that may or may not want to, or Possibily not be Capable of Reproducing...

Denying them Marriage because Deviants aren't Equal to what Creates us is what I was Referring to.

It's an Impossible thing to make Policy Regarding Marriage because you can't put a Time Restraint on the Possibility of ProCreation...

And the Possibility of ProCreation ONLY lies with One Man and One Woman Naturally regarding "Marriage".

No MATTER what the Laws were, are, or will be, one thing Remains a Constant Truth...

No Same Sex Coupling has EVER or will EVER Reproduce Life...

In that, Same Sex Coupling is Inherently NOT Equal to what Creates us, and since Homosexuals are Equipped and Designed to Couple with the Opposite Sex, but either by Defiance or Defect they do not, it is on them, not the other 95%+ of Society to Deal with their Deviation.

Society does not Require the Burden of Assisting Deviants in Finding Personal Validation.

peace...

What facts?

Is Marriage a Right given to us as Americans by the Constitution?

I don't really care how this issue relates to how our bodies were created and the purpose for which they were meant to be used.

According to the SCOTUS in Loving it's a Right Based in our Very Existence...

peace...

Forum List

Back