Zone1 One of the Dumbest Comments in History

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
5 Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the wilderness.’”

2 Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the Lord and I will not let Israel go.”

Pharoah messed around and found out.

5 Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the wilderness.’”

2 Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the Lord and I will not let Israel go.”

To be fair there are many Biblical comments that would qualify as "dumbest in history".

Pontius Pilate, "What is truth?" comes to mind. Though people still believe that is a Deep Thought or something.

Job's friends were pretty dumb too honestly.

It was not written to record history--that's not its main purpose. But it does record history.

Most scholars including Jewish scholars think it didn't happen or it's grandiose exaggeration. The message is one of redemption.

Most scholars including Jewish scholars think it didn't happen or it's grandiose exaggeration. The message is one of redemption.

WHAT didn't happen? The Bible covers thousands and thousands of years...

Basically.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
My vote is for this one:

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matthew 5:44

Even the most cursory glance at Christian history shows Christians doing the exact opposite of what Jesus preached. And it's a good thing, too. Christianity would have never survived, thrived and prospered to the extent it did if it listened to that hippy-dippy nonsense.

Read the whole movie. Pharoah showed Mo a thing or 10. Finally the redneck sea was needed to put a halt to it all.
Until now

My vote is for this one:

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matthew 5:44

Even the most cursory glance at Christian history shows Christians doing the exact opposite of what Jesus preached. And it's a good thing, too. Christianity would have never survived, thrived and prospered to the extent it did if it listened to that hippy-dippy nonsense.

Have you traveled out of the country? People respond to kindness and respect even though they don't speak the same language.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
My vote is for this one:

Jesus said there would be people doing evil things in his name and pharisees did not stop existing when Jesus left. Christianity as you see it is not so. The spirit he left behind was going to prosper and has done so. The religion you talk about, well that's another matter.

Read the whole movie. Pharoah showed Mo a thing or 10. Finally the redneck sea was needed to put a halt to it all.
Until now
I did and had you done so, you would see that God told Moses exactly what Pharoah was going to do and he did it. That's why Pharoahs bones are laying on the bottom of the Red Sea when that didn't have to happen.

To be fair there are many Biblical comments that would qualify as "dumbest in history".

Pontius Pilate, "What is truth?" comes to mind. Though people still believe that is a Deep Thought or something.

Job's friends were pretty dumb too honestly.
Maybe to you but for this man to ask who is the lord that I should obey him, it can't get much dumber. Who is God that I should obey him? Really?

The Bible is not history.

/ thread
Archeologists carry a shovel in one hand and a Bible in the other, it is that historically accurate. The History of the Kings of the ancient world is all there in the book. The rise and fall of historic empires is there. It contains the history of man on the earth from the beginning. It foretells history in advance in Revelation. There is layer after layer of knowledge in the Bible. History, Science, Astronomy, Physics, it's all there because Jesus and God were involved in all aspects of what we know. :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back