one nation, under god

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
ACTON (CBS) – The Pledge of Allegiance is becoming a sore subject in the Acton-Boxborough school district, all because of the words “under God.”

“Atheists and Humanists do not accept the notion of God,” says attorney David Niose.

An Acton family, who is atheist and chooses to remain anonymous, is suing the school district claiming they are discriminating against their children during the pledge. They want the words “under God” taken out

Acton Family Wants “Under God” Removed From Pledge Of Allegiance « CBS Boston

thoughts?

• Banned
And Jehovah Witnesses refuse to "pledge allegiance" to anything/anyone other than God.

You know what they do about The Pledge in schools????

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

They don't tie up our courts with frivolous bullshit to stop other people from saying it.
:cool:

will it be frivolous if the catholic church takes obama to court?

because it's the same thing-religious freedom

And Jehovah Witnesses refuse to "pledge allegiance" to anything/anyone other than God.

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

They don't tie up our courts with frivolous bullshit to stop other people from saying it.

Whose religious freedoms are being trampled on by The Pledge?

Who is being forced, by rule of law, to say it?

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

The way Obama is stacking the judges and creating new judgement space? It will be a waste of money imo.

Half of its judges were Republican appointees when Obama took office. One of them, J. Harvie Wilkinson III, argued, in a January 2009 article, against the prospect of a liberal Obama “takeover” of the court.

Created by Congress in 1922,to serve as the principal policy making body for the administration of the U.S. Courts,the Judicial Conference of the United States is an objective entity within the federal judiciary. Its voting members are all federal judges. Alas,in its biannual meeting last month, the conference made an unprecedented,massive, but in ideal circumstances also direly needed,recommendation.

The conference recommended to Congress the creation of 63 additional federal judgeships:nine appellate (that is,U.S. Courts of Appeal),and 51 trial (that is,U.S. District Courts). The previous Congress,accurately anticipating an increase to the Left in the new Congress and a leftist presidency,departed from precedent and declined to confirm a large and already long list of Bush nominees.

The conference recommends an increase of 12 above the presently authorized 167 U.S. Courts of Appeals judgeships for six of those 11 courts;an increase of 57 above the presently authorized 667 for certain highly impacted district courts in Alabama,Arizona,California,Colorado,Florida,Idaho,Indiana,Iowa,Kansas,Minnesota,Missouri,Nebraska,New Jersey,New Mexico,New York,Ohio,South Carolina,Texas,Virginia,and Washington —20 States.”

http://www.exposeobama.com/2009/04/09/obama-stacking-the-judiciary-for-the-left/

They will lose if Obama gains another four years to continue the additional decks and deck stacking.

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

good point, but i think it's intellectually dishonest to give it a pass on one hand, and decry obama's actions toward the catholics on the other.

hypocritical is the word, i believe

THEY DON'T SAY IT.

There was nothing about "indivisible" that made people not join in pledging allegiance to our nation, and it didn't fly in the face of establishment, or it's secular political underpinnings.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

good point, but i think it's intellectually dishonest to give it a pass on one hand, and decry obama's actions toward the catholics on the other.

No, Del.
Big difference.

Like I said, no one is being forced, by rule od law, to say The Pledge.

Obama is trying to stop "the free exercise thereof" though rule of law.

Hypocritical is screaming "Separation of Church and State!!" while applauding a President for telling a religious institution what it can and cannot do.
:eusa_whistle:

No, Del.
Big difference.

Hypocritical is screaming "Separation of Church and State!!" while applauding a President for telling a religious institution what it can and cannot do.

hypocritical is saying you can't fuck with my religious beliefs, but if i fuck with yours, just don't say the words.

yep

hypocritical

"Indivisible" is still in The Pledge

:eusa_shhh:

Beat me to it.

okay, but the first denies the second. If belief has to be agreed to in order to pledge alliegance, we are, in fact, divided.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

I don't care about it though because even though I don't believe in God (and as it is, the pledge "excludes" me), I also don't give a shit about the "Pledge of Allegiance".

No, Del.
Big difference.

hypocritical is saying you can't fuck with my religious beliefs, but if i fuck with yours, just don't say the words.

yep

hypocritical

Remove the words, or don't say them. So what? Same result.
I'm not forcing you, BY RULE OF LAW, to say "under God".

There is nothing "religious" about pledging allegiance to our Flag.

Which word in "no law" is fuzzy?

Forum List

Back