One mother complains and annual Kindergarten trip to see Santa cancelled

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
What a Grinch !
One person gets offended, and everyone else must pay !

Santa Field Trip Canceled in San Jose: Mom Accused of Waging 'War on Christmas'
Sartorette Elementary School canceled a planned field trip to visit Santa at a local coffee shop after one parent complained.

A San Jose kindergarten class’s field trip to visit Santa was abruptly canceled this week, launching a Christmas controversy that has left a slew of hurt feelings and a planned protest in which parents will take their children to visit St. Nick anyway.

Sartorette Elementary School students were slated to walk to a nearby coffee shop on Friday morning to sip hot chocolate and sit on Santa’s lap, as they have for the past 10 years. But that tradition is over – at least for this year – after a Jewish mother said she didn’t want her 5-year-old daughter to participate.

Now, plenty of parents are mad at the woman, calling her out and unfriending her on Facebook. She says one parent volunteer shouted at her on Wednesday morning: "You’re the one who started the war on Christmas."

Talia, a certified California teacher herself who requested her last name not be used, says she didn’t like the fact that one religion, Christianity, was the focus of most of the December teachings in school. Specifically, she didn’t like her daughter writing letters to the North Pole for two days in a row, dressing up as reindeer, and a big annual field trip to the local coffee shop where the kids sit on Santa’s lap and ask for presents.

San Jose Mom Accused of Waging 'War on Christmas'

What a Grinch !
One person gets offended, and everyone else must pay !

Santa Field Trip Canceled in San Jose: Mom Accused of Waging 'War on Christmas'
Sartorette Elementary School canceled a planned field trip to visit Santa at a local coffee shop after one parent complained.

A San Jose kindergarten class’s field trip to visit Santa was abruptly canceled this week, launching a Christmas controversy that has left a slew of hurt feelings and a planned protest in which parents will take their children to visit St. Nick anyway.

Sartorette Elementary School students were slated to walk to a nearby coffee shop on Friday morning to sip hot chocolate and sit on Santa’s lap, as they have for the past 10 years. But that tradition is over – at least for this year – after a Jewish mother said she didn’t want her 5-year-old daughter to participate.

Now, plenty of parents are mad at the woman, calling her out and unfriending her on Facebook. She says one parent volunteer shouted at her on Wednesday morning: "You’re the one who started the war on Christmas."

Talia, a certified California teacher herself who requested her last name not be used, says she didn’t like the fact that one religion, Christianity, was the focus of most of the December teachings in school. Specifically, she didn’t like her daughter writing letters to the North Pole for two days in a row, dressing up as reindeer, and a big annual field trip to the local coffee shop where the kids sit on Santa’s lap and ask for presents.

San Jose Mom Accused of Waging 'War on Christmas'

That woman should have a run in with one of Obama's thugs from Chicago

-Geaux

I'm sure these Kindergartners are so thankful that this woman saved them from having to endure Santa.

wow that really brought out some negative shit ....it could have been many different religions that object to the focus on one religions holiday...i think she should have just kept her daughter home but then the child misses day of school....that is a penalty to many....i would think 3 or 4 days of christmas is a bit much......but instead of damping one holiday why not just ask for equal time....do the jewish thing...the pagan thing....the festivus....kwanzaa and all the rest....

In my town JEHOVAH WITNESS people have similar objections For my part the idea of walking a kindergarten class to a local café is REALLY IDIOTIC-----in my kindergarten years-------the FATTEST JANITOR (who happened ---btw ---to be a jew) dressed up in his santa costume-----complete with cotton puff beard stuck on his chin -----AND HO HO HO HO'ed his way thru the kindergarten and first grade
classes and all the kids shouted " HI, MR. TAYLOR" we all had a good time,
protestants, catholics, and jews

wow that really brought out some negative shit ....it could have been many different religions that object to the focus on one religions holiday...i think she should have just kept her daughter home but then the child misses day of school....that is a penalty to many....i would think 3 or 4 days of christmas is a bit much......but instead of damping one holiday why not just ask for equal time....do the jewish thing...the pagan thing....the festivus....kwanzaa and all the rest....

Because that isn't how libs roll.

pagan_zpse0302fc7.jpg

Did you know that...

1600's: The Puritans made it illegal to mention St. Nicolas' name. People were not allowed to exchange gifts, light a candle, or sing Christmas carols.
17th century: Dutch immigrants brought with them the legend of Sinter Klaas.
1773: Santa first appeared in the media as St. A Claus.
1804: The New York Historical Society was founded with St. Nicolas as its patron saint. Its members engaged in the Dutch practice of gift-giving at Christmas.
1809: Washington Irving, writing under the pseudonym Diedrich Knickerbocker, included Saint Nicolas in his book "A History of New York." Nicolas is described as riding into town on a horse.
1812: Irving, revised his book to include Nicolas riding over the trees in a wagon.
1821: William Gilley printed a poem about "Santeclaus" who was dressed in fur and drove a sleigh drawn by a single reindeer.
1822: Dentist Clement Clarke Moore is believed by many to have written a poem "An Account of a Visit from Saint Nicolas," which became better known as "The Night before Christmas." Santa is portrayed as an elf with a miniature sleigh equipped with eight reindeer which are named in the poem as Blitzem, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Dasher, Donder, Prancer, and Vixen. Others attribute the poem to a contemporary, Henry Livingston, Jr. Two have since been renamed Donner and Blitzen.
1841: J.W. Parkinson, a Philadelphia merchant, hired a man to dress up in a "Criscringle" outfit and climb the chimney of his store.
1863: Illustrator Thomas Nast created images of Santa for the Christmas editions of Harper's Magazine. These continued through the 1890's.
1860s: President Abraham Lincoln asked Nast to create a drawing of Santa with some Union soldiers. This image of Santa supporting the enemy had a demoralizing influence on the Confederate army -- an early example of psychological warfare.
1897: Francis P Church, Editor of the New York Sun, wrote an editorial in response to a letter from an eight year-old girl, Virginia O'Hanlon. She had written the paper asking whether there really was a Santa Claus. It has become known as the "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" letter.
1920's: The image of Santa had been standardized to portray a bearded, over-weight, jolly man dressed in a red suit with white trim.
1931: Haddon Sundblom, illustrator forThe Coca-Cola ™ company drew a series of Santa images in their Christmas advertisements until 1964. The company holds the trademark for the Coca-Cola Santa design. Christmas ads including Santa continue to the present day.
1939 Copywriter Robert L. May of the Montgomery Ward Company created a poem about Rudolph, the ninth reindeer. May had been "often taunted as a child for being shy, small and slight." He created an ostracized reindeer with a shiny red nose who became a hero one foggy Christmas eve. Santa was part-way through deliveries when the visibility started to degenerate. Santa added Rudolph to his team of reindeer to help illuminate the path. A copy of the poem was given free to Montgomery Ward customers.
1949: Johnny Marks wrote the song "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." Rudolph was relocated to the North Pole where he was initially rejected by the other reindeer who wouldn't let him play in their reindeer games because of his strange looking nose. The song was recorded by Gene Autry and became his all-time best seller. Next to "White Christmas" it is the most popular song of all time.
1993: An urban folk tale began to circulate about a Japanese department store displaying a life-sized Santa Claus being crucified on a cross. It never happened.
1997: Artist Robert Cenedella drew a painting of a crucified Santa Claus. It was displayed in the window of the New York's Art Students League and received intense criticism from some religious groups. His drawing was a protest. He attempted to show how Santa Claus had replaced Jesus Christ as the most important personality at Christmas time.

-----

Can we really correlate the modern version of santa clause with religion alone? I guess I've always put him down as a figure that brings hope to children. ~shrug~

i will be having a great winter solstice today....i am not worried about those who war on me....or those who dont say a word when i wish them a happy winter solstice....but yall really kill your own holy high days with your bigotry and your hate...simple as that....i mean you ask what would jesus do....i assure you ...he would not be filled with hate....like many of you are ....for your high holy days

ever..they are just the opposite of your name....best to keep it simple...cartoons and memes...long posts...well they dont have that kinda attention span....

Forum List

Back