One example of a change in Wisconsin

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Before collective bargaining reforms, the WEA Trust - the dominant healthcare provider for teachers in Wisconsin - was protected from having to be competitive. They had a virtual monopoly which in 2000 was estimated to cost school districts $875 per teacher per year more than the costs would be if there was fair bidding.

http://www.wpri.org/Reports/Volume13/Vol13no8.pdf

The WEA Trust faced considerable loss of business after the CB reforms went on the books and they would no longer be able to count on the unions automatically writing them in as nonnegotiable elements of teacher contracts.

More districts now could drop insurance arm of teachers union - JSOnline

In the end the Trust didn't lose as much business as some thought they might because once they were faced with real competition and had to bid for contracts, surprise, surprise, all of a sudden they found they were able to lower their costs to win the bids.

Those who support Walker's recall are asking to go back to a system where noncompetitive de facto monopolies such as the WEA Trust were institutionalized.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Last edited:
  • Banned
I don't see what they think they will accomplish.

They can punish Walker. They can keep our state in limbo for a year.

But do they really think that they can go back to how it was any time soon? Our various municipalities have had a taste of solvency now. I don't think the mayors and city councils will give that up easily, no matter who is governor after this summer.

I don't see what they think they will accomplish.

They can punish Walker. They can keep our state in limbo for a year.

But do they really think that they can go back to how it was any time soon? Our various municipalities have had a taste of solvency now. I don't think the mayors and city councils will give that up easily, no matter who is governor after this summer.

Let's hope you're right.

Two word describe the recall supporters

fucking morons

Actually its 3 words that describe recall supporters

stupid fucking morons

They got 1 million sigs but its far less than a million who give a shit about those union assholes.........100% certainty. Every swinging dick asshole walked around their neighborhood and got Joe Blow to sign a petition. What are they going to say to their neighbor? "Fuck You!!!" ????????

Most close their door and say, "Fucking moron!!"

How do you thnk they'll vote?:boobies::boobies::boobies::fu:

Forum List

Back