ONCE AGAIN...Unarmed thug attacks cop; Taser fails; Takes cops gun...shoots her and another

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Video: Suspect shoots Wis. deputy, Good Samaritan, kills self

Ah yes....once again....we see the brilliance of the left wings idea of tactical action and how cops "should" act in a fight.

This female cop was attacked by a thug as he rushed her. She pulled her gun as he rushed her. DID SHE SHOOT??? No. That would be murder. And cops are being arrested for it...like in Charlotte and Mobile.

No....she went to her taser. It failed.
Then....she tried kicking him away. Failed.

So the thug then grabbed her. And wrestled her gun away. And shot her. Then shot a bystander. He then shoots himself.

Awesome. We need to hire liberals to teach all police academies now.

So let all cops be aware of liberal demands.

If a thug who does not have a gun attacks....you cannot shoot. Even female cops.

You should just hope you can win the fight and not get shot.

BUT....dont go get intense training in Krav Mage and Muay Thai and Jiujitsu to ensure you win. Because that's lame and too aggressive and means you're an over aggressive cop who should be fired.

Absent further details I have two questions:

Why did the taser unit "fail?"

If the cop were a physically fit male instead of a woman, whom I believe should not be assigned to solo patrol duty, is there a strong possibility this incident would have ended differently?

If the cop were a physically fit male instead of a woman, whom I believe should not be assigned to solo patrol duty, is there a strong possibility this incident would have ended differently?

Tasers fail often. Huge error the left makes assuming a taser always works. They don't. I'm amazed you profess such a high knowledge of LE....and don't know how/why a taser would fail.

Are you sexist saying a female shouldn't be a patrol cop? So...i assume you oppose women in combat roles in the military too??? Sexist bigot.

I am a liberal and I believe that cops should be able to defend themselves with force. So not all liberals are the same.

Oh cool.

When did this thug become a "deadly threat" to the officer to where shooting him would be justified?

A Glock 17 makes her equal to Chuck Norris. She should have used it first. She was being attacked,

I am a liberal and I believe that cops should be able to defend themselves with force. So not all liberals are the same.
I would not exclude women from employment as police officers, but I do not believe they are suitable to patrol without a male partner.

I am also strongly opposed to women serving in military combat line companies, which I believe was a shameful concession to feminist pressure. I was in the Marine Corps in the 1950s. The idea of women serving in combat line companies was anathema. In 1957, the idea was proposed by Washington and the Commandant at the time, General Hague, put a platoon of women through the same course of intensified training as required of every Marine with the infantry MOS. Not one of those women finished the course -- and that was the end of the issue until the rules were recently changed. Now even the Marines have women in their line companies.

Tasers fail often. Huge error the left makes assuming a taser always works. They don't. I'm amazed you profess such a high knowledge of LE....and don't know how/why a taser would fail.
When and where did I "profess" to have "high knowledge" of law enforcement? I know some things but not all things. I'm not a cop and I've never even seen a taser.

But my question was why the taser failed, not if it failed. So from your experienced perspective, what are some possible causes?

Are you sexist saying a female shouldn't be a patrol cop? So...i assume you oppose women in combat roles in the military too??? Sexist bigot.
I don't know that "sexist" is the appropriate term for my opposition to women in certain occupational roles. But I strongly believe the feminist concept of female equality with males is highly, and mistakenly, exaggerated.

Simply stated, the average woman is totally incapable of physically defending herself against attack by the average man. That isn't sexism. It is readily demonstrable reality. The topic incident is but one more example of it.

Women do fine in solo patrol assignment -- until something like this happens.

I would not exclude women from employment as police officers, but I do not believe they are suitable to patrol without a male partner.

I am also strongly opposed to women serving in military combat line companies, which I believe was a shameful concession to feminist pressure. I was in the Marine Corps in the 1950s. The idea of women serving in combat line companies was anathema. In 1957, the idea was proposed by Washington and the Commandant at the time, General Hague, put a platoon of women through the same course of intensified training as required of every Marine with the infantry MOS. Not one of those women finished the course -- and that was the end of the issue until the rules were recently changed. Now even the Marines have women in their line companies.

So you oppose all the measures the Democrats have taken to make police and military units more diverse rather than just taking the most physically capable?

Oh....and in police work...EVERY cop is a patrolman. You were a Marine? Same way "every Marine is a rifleman" works....EVERY cop is a patrolman. Any moment of any day could be the day a violent thug tries to kill you. Or...you may go 30 years and never have it happen. You may be going home from work when a shooting begins. In police work...no matter your assignment...you are a patrol cop 24/7/365 for your entire career.

When and where did I "profess" to have "high knowledge" of law enforcement? I know some things but not all things. I'm not a cop and I've never even seen a taser.

But my question was why the taser failed, not if it failed. So from your experienced perspective, what are some possible causes?

I don't know that "sexist" is the appropriate term for my opposition to women in certain occupational roles. But I strongly believe the feminist concept of female equality with males is highly, and mistakenly, exaggerated.

Simply stated, the average woman is totally incapable of physically defending herself against attack by the average man. That isn't sexism. It is readily demonstrable reality. The topic incident is but one more example of it.

Women do fine in solo patrol assignment -- until something like this happens.

Tasers fail for various reasons. They work basically like jumper cables. Two prongs. If 1 doesn't "connect" to skin...it doesn't work. So for example...in winter time in Chicago. Suspect has a heavy coat on...odds both prongs get skin are almost zero.

Or...if a prong just missed. Goes under an arm or just misses the body. They shoot and spread about 3 or 4 feet apart within 10 feet so odds they miss are good.

Also...hitting too close. It only tazes what's between the prongs (hence the wide spread). If you hit them at 1 or 2 feet away....prongs won't spread more than a foot at most. It won't work. Hurt like hell? Yes. But if they're on drugs....

Which brings the next point. Drugs and mental illness. Some of them just don't feel pain.

Third...."swiping". Thugs have quickly learned the above facts. So many will "swipe" like a windshield wiper at the prongs as you shoot them. Many times they can knock one away before it lands.

Water. Water makes it not work.

There are many more but those are some basics. Tasers fail....a lot.

Which is why a cop who sees a thug with a knife charging him....really doesn't wanna roll the dice with a taser. Would you?

Here's a decent example. Austin PD testing. Go to 2:10 and see a fail. Prong gets caught in blue jeans pocket.

Last edited:
So you oppose all the measures the Democrats have taken to make police and military units more diverse rather than just taking the most physically capable?
I am opposed to women being assigned to combat line (infantry) companies and I believe women should never be assigned to (police) patrol alone.

Oh....and in police work...EVERY cop is a patrolman. You were a Marine? Same way "every Marine is a rifleman" works....EVERY cop is a patrolman. Any moment of any day could be the day a violent thug tries to kill you. Or...you may go 30 years and never have it happen. You may be going home from work when a shooting begins. In police work...no matter your assignment...you are a patrol cop 24/7/365 for your entire career.
There were woman Marines in my time ("BAMs" we called them) and they were very proficient in their MOS assignments, which were clerical, supply, base maintenance, Special Services, etc. They were trained with small arms and some were very proficient. But the idea of assigning them to combat line companies was never even considered. The reason being they simply could not stand up to the rigors of sustained combat conditions.

While you are correct in that every Marine is a rifleman (including women Marines) every Marine is not an infantryman, and there were many times I thanked my lucky stars I wasn't. I was an Engineer (heavy equipment) and I often watched the "grunts" training on field maneuvers, which involve such things as 25 mile forced marches, beach assaults, rapid trench and foxhole digging, etc. Believe me, if you saw it you would readily understand there are some things which women simply are not designed by Nature to be capable of -- and they aren't.

More recently the bar was lowered and even the Corps has women in its line companies. Maybe the advanced technological nature of modern warfare will accommodate the adaptation -- but if not there will be much cause for regret.

Last edited:
I am opposed to women being assigned to combat line (infantry) companies and I believe women should never be assigned to (police) patrol alone.

There were woman Marines in my time ("BAMs" we called them) and they were very proficient in their MOS assignments, which were clerical, supply, base maintenance, Special Services, etc. They were trained with small arms and some were very proficient. But the idea of assigning them to combat line companies was never even considered. The reason being they simply could not stand up to the rigors of sustained combat conditions.

While you are correct in that every Marine is a rifleman (including women Marines) every Marine is not an infantryman, and there were many times I thanked my lucky stars I wasn't. I was an Engineer (heavy equipment) and I often watched the "grunts" training on field maneuvers, which involve such things as 25 mile forced marches, beach assaults, rapid trench and foxhole digging, etc. Believe me, if you saw it you would readily understand there are some things which women simply are not designed by Nature to be capable of -- and they aren't.

More recently the bar was lowered and even the Corps has women in its line companies. Maybe the advanced technological nature of modern warfare will accommodate the adaptation -- but if not there will be much cause for regret.

I agree that women shouldn't be assigned all combat roles in the military, with some exceptions. Infantry a definite no, but combat pilots I think are OK. I disagree that women can't do solo police work, they just need to keep their weapon ready.

I agree that women shouldn't be assigned all combat roles in the military, with some exceptions. Infantry a definite no, but combat pilots I think are OK. I disagree that women can't do solo police work, they just need to keep their weapon ready.
I am aware that women presently are functioning as fighter pilots on aircraft carriers and I have no doubt they are capable of mastering the required skill levels to fly the planes. But I am not aware of any women having demonstrated competence under actual aerial combat conditions. If they have, then I fully agree with you. If they haven't, I will reserve opinion.

As far as solo police patrol is concerned, too much reliance on their firearm will result in female cops using deadly force in too many situations in which male cops would not need to. I don't believe potential arrest subjects would be as inclined to attempt overpowering a male cop as they would a female.

Forum List

Back