Zone1 On What Story Do You Base Your Life?

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Oct 21, 2014
Unconsciously or not, we all base our lives on a story. On what story do you base your life? Is it a true story or a false story?

After thinking for a bit, the story I base my life on is that God is love, and that His love is so great He loves us all. The day I felt God's love, what had the greatest impact on me was that this is how God loves everyone, not just little ol' me. If only I could love--care--like God loves and cares about us.

In a homily this week, the message was also, God is good. I believe that as well, but more, my life is based on the story that God is love. On what story have you based you life? And is it a true story?

Unconsciously or not, we all base our lives on a story. On what story do you base your life? Is it a true story or a false story?

After thinking for a bit, the story I base my life on is that God is love, and that His love is so great He loves us all. The day I felt God's love, what had the greatest impact on me was that this is how God loves everyone, not just little ol' me. If only I could love--care--like God loves and cares about us.

In a homily this week, the message was also, God is good. I believe that as well, but more, my life is based on the story that God is love. On what story have you based you life? And is it a true story?

The Lord of the Rings.

That Faith may bring reward...someday....
I've been studying Job the past few weeks. One of the parts I find interesting is when Job is wondering why so much has befallen him when he has been a faithful follower of God's ways. Why...why...why. The response seemed to ask whether Job was aware of all God had done over time, and could he answer why God had done these things.

How do you even base your life on a story?

Tom Sawyer's simplicity and Marco Polo's daring.
Can you give a specific example for each that has directed your life? Have you ever convinced anyone to whitewash your fence or do your work for you?

How do you even base your life on a story?
Remember, whenever we watch a movie or TV show, or even read a story based on fact, it does take on a life of its own, and becomes its own story. What story, or whose story, has influenced you?

Odysseus

I have seen things predicted come true.

Or well, that's more related to God, probably. Whatever.

Can you give a specific example for each that has directed your life? Have you ever convinced anyone to whitewash your fence or do your work for you?
No, but I have been naïve enough (Sawyer's simplicity) to allow myself to get into dangerous situations and relied on my spontaneous wits (Polo's daring) to see me through it. I circumnavigated the globe overland alone for more than 7 years during which time I saw and experienced more than most men and I've survived to tell about it.

No, but I have been naïve enough (Sawyer's simplicity) to allow myself to get into dangerous situations and relied on my spontaneous wits (Polo) to see me through it. I circumnavigated the globe overland alone for more than 7 years during which time I saw and experienced more than most men and I've survived to tell about it.
Sounds wonderful! Glad you have both great memories and stories.

None. I just get on with my life. I don't walk around thinking I'm in a movie.
Precisely. One's life is not a movie, but we are influenced by stories. Stories have been a part of human life it seems since the beginning.

My first heroine was Harriet Tubman and how she was able to lead people through danger to freedom. And, I always liked sleuths such as Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden--admired their loyalty and their friendships.

None. I just get on with my life. I don't walk around thinking I'm in a movie.

Neither do we. But we take elements of a story that resonate with us, and follow that lifestyle.

Precisely. One's life is not a movie, but we are influenced by stories. Stories have been a part of human life it seems since the beginning.

My first heroine was Harriet Tubman and how she was able to lead people through danger to freedom. And, I always liked sleuths such as Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden--admired their loyalty and their friendships.

When I was a kid I tried to have sports heroes, I just couldn't do it.

The same with anything else. I'm more logical than emotional, still emotional, but not enough to have heroes.

Forum List

Back