Zone1 On What Story Do You Base Your Life?

I base my life on The Truman Show.
I was going to say that. I think that movie hit a nerve with every human being. We all feel like Truman at some point. Like we are the center of the universe but yet everybody still messes with us and we can’t figure out why.

I was going to say that. I think that movie hit a nerve with every human being. We all feel like Truman at some point. Like we are the center of the universe but yet everybody still messes with us and we can’t figure out why.
Everything around us is fake. Fake men. Fake women. Fake virtue. Fake news. Fake politicians. Fake food. Fake medicine. Fake economy. It's all theater.

"Denied one last epiphany and ushered from the stage."-Nevermore

I do not live in a vacuum, but I also do not feel the need to imitate anyone else's life.
It's not so much about imitating as it is respecting and idolizing.

You may not exactly copy the people but you wish you could in some fashion.

If you don't do that....well..... you are outing yourself as a narcissist. Just saying.

If you don't do that....well..... you are outing yourself as a narcissist. Just saying.
Be yourself, don't wish you were someone else.

Be yourself, don't wish you were someone else.
I am me...a unique individual all in my own right. No one else is like me...no one else has my hobbies and interests blended together the way I am accustomed to doing.
I can't be anyone else except me.

But that doesn't mean that I don't find others so awesome that I want to be like them. Some people just ROCK.

A real narcissist enjoys being called a narcissist and will ignore you. A fake narcissist will be pissed as heck.

A real narcissist enjoys being called a narcissist and will ignore you. A fake narcissist will be pissed as heck.
Perhaps....perhaps not.
Narcissist have varying degrees of the problem. Each one is an individual and not exactly a cookie cutting of each other. There are often similarities but that doesn't mean that some can't change.

Unconsciously or not, we all base our lives on a story. On what story do you base your life? Is it a true story or a false story?

After thinking for a bit, the story I base my life on is that God is love, and that His love is so great He loves us all. The day I felt God's love, what had the greatest impact on me was that this is how God loves everyone, not just little ol' me. If only I could love--care--like God loves and cares about us.

In a homily this week, the message was also, God is good. I believe that as well, but more, my life is based on the story that God is love. On what story have you based you life? And is it a true story?
I try not to base my life on any story. In fact, I aspire to silence of thought and experiencing presence as much as I can. To me, that is God's love, the experience not the thought. In my everyday life, I have things to do and think about but always, I aspire to have that silence of useless thoughts in the background.

There are so many. In scripture I feel a connection with Jonah or Jonas as Jesus refered to him. I plan to go one way with my life and God sends me another.And then I ponder on it all. 🙂 Huckleberry Finn is another one. , Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyun,Sacajewea, characters in Leather Stocking Tales. Characters in Jack London stories Call of the wild , white fang, Cruise of the Dazzler. I felt a connection with the above and other characters in stories.

There are so many. In scripture I feel a connection with Jonah or Jonas as Jesus refered to him. I plan to go one way with my life and God sends me another.And then I ponder on it all. 🙂 Huckleberry Finn is another one. , Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyun,Sacajewea, characters in Leather Stocking Tales. Characters in Jack London stories Call of the wild , white fang, Cruise of the Dazzler. I felt a connection with the above and other characters in stories.
Some of your stories reminded me of others I read when I was much younger. Call It Courage and Island of the Blue Dolphins also had an effect.

Some of your stories reminded me of others I read when I was much younger. Call It Courage and Island of the Blue Dolphins also had an effect.
Knowing it was a true story had a big impact on me as a young boy. 18 years she spent there.

Forum List

Back