On What Planet Are Most Gas Prices Below $3/gal? Not In U. S. - Is Someone Lying About Prices?

Let's face reality here, people. Low gas prices represent one or more of several things:

1. Higher supply. We know Obama doesn't have anything to do with that, because he's done nothing to increase America's supply of available petroleum. Quite the opposite, in fact.
2. Lower demand. That means lower economic growth, fewer people driving to work, traveling on vacations, transporting goods, stuff like that. Now, Obama might have something to do with that.

Well no not really. Supply and demand applies to normal things like oranges. Oil's a whole 'nother ball game.

Neither O'bama nor any other POTUS has anything to do with "America's supply of available petroleum", nor with gas prices. Those are a function of the international market-- the pool it all comes from.

That's why this thread really doesn't belong in the Politics forum.

Actually, the American president has a lot to do with the supply of petroleum under American control that is not subject to disruption by ME terrorists. Right now, Iran could close off the Straight of Hormuz and instantly raise oil prices around the world. The more oil we're accessing here at home the less we would have to do without.

I'm afraid you don't get how this system works.

The oil we might drill and/or process here has nothing directly to do with the gasoline supply available. First of all, "we" don't drill or process it -- oil companies do that, and they don't work for "us" (the country); they work for their stockholders. That oil developed in Texas or wherever doesn't end up in a 76 station in Lubbock; it goes (virtually) to that same world pool where Venezuela's and Nigeria's and Saudi Arabia's oil goes ---- to whatever buyer returns the Company the most profit, in order. We're not at the top of that list any more.

That's the whole fallacy that tries to sell the Keystone pipeline -- just because that Canadian crude gets refined in Houston doesn't mean it's staying here -- the reason it would go to Houston for refining (Houston certainly isn't the only place that can refine) is because it can be easily loaded on ships to Asia. Because that's where the money is at the moment. So that's where it goes. Nobody benefits from that except Big Oil.

Unless you want to nationalize the oil companies and create an insular market cut off from the rest of the world, the myth of "what's drilled here stays here" remains a myth used to sell snake oil like Keystone to public approval. Oil companies don't work for a flag; they work for profit.

Actually, I do understand how it works, and quite well. Oil that is extracted and refined within the United States is not vulnerable to disruption by ME tyrants. It's really that simple. The more we rely on ME oil, the more vulnerable we are to even threats of disruption.

No, not at all. Oil is an international fungible commodity. Its price is driven by what the international market is doing, and the speculation on that market. If its price is going down here (or up, or whatever), then it's doing the same thing in the rest of the world, and it's a function of what that international market is doing. Got nothing to do with how much oil we might put into the pool.

The flow to that pool is largely (not totally but largely) controlled by OPEC, much (not all but much) of which is based in the Middle East. OPEC is a cartel that exists for one reason, and it's the same reason the oil companies exist for, and that is Profit. It's in the interest of both to keep that price both stable and manageably high. I believe I already posted an article explaining how OPEC will react if it deems the price is going too low.

That's why all of this has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with capitalism. And unfortunately for facile explanatory scenaria, capitalism in this particular case is way more complex than simple "supply and demand". I'm not a money guy but even I know that.

The point remains, however, that oil produced and refined within the US is not vulnerable to disruption by ME tyrants. Sure, if they throw a fit, the price goes up. But ultimately, they can't actually cut it off.

But I pointed out a majority of states have at least one station selling gas for under $3.00. As of last week there were 26 states and gas prices have fallen an average of $.09 since that count last week.

Let's go to the video tape.

This is an easy fact for every person to verify....no need for a link.

Most prices are ABOVE $3.00 not BELOW.

Ooops.

So you think that one station in a State below $3 means that most people in that State are paying below $3. Ed, my man, that's stupid even for you.

That's liberal math for ya.

You can't make this stuff up.

Missouri 2.877 -0.017
Oklahoma 2.950 0.000
South Carolina 2.953 -0.006
Mississippi 2.971 -0.004
Minnesota 2.977 -0.014
Tennessee 2.979 -0.005
Kansas 2.984 -0.004
Arkansas 2.996 -0.007
Alabama 2.999 -0.009

USA and Canada Current Average Gas Prices By City State Province - GasBuddy.com

Too bad I don't live in any of those States...

To dumbass libs like some of the ones on this thread....onesies and twosies gas stations are SIGNIFICANT DATA POINTS out of the thousands and thousands of gas stations. LOL

Of course I already know you lack the integrity to be honest....just as you lacked it in your propaganda thread.....but I'll wait for you to admit most are over $3.00 but I won't wait for long.

Its not as if you have anything better to do than wait for someone to give you the attention on line you can't garner in real life.

Poor, sad, little girl.

Every bump reminds people that on Planet earth, the price of gas in some places is below $3 a gallon. Thanks, of course, to Mr. Obama.

Awww, we knew you wouldn't have the credibility to agree with the OP....that's because you know it's true most are above $3.00.

And you know that those that have dropped have nothing to do with Obummer. :)

You think changing your tune COMPLETELY from the lies in your propaganda thread saves your completely decimated character?

Oh and sorry, I retired my little girl Halloween costume a while back...but it did get me attention, that's true. :cool-45:

Retiring a costume doesn't mean you're an adult...you certainly are not mature.

That being said, the price of gasoline is now below $3 per gallon in a large part of the nation. Thanks, in part, to the actions of your President Obama.

Please keep bumping the thread...it just reminds us all what type of individual you are.

Awwww, look....you think I'm bothered by being called names like you are, LOL. We know NLT's picture made you cry for days.
Not name calling. It's a fact, you're incredibly inmature. Anyone reading your posts can see that.
That you start threads out of spite on an obscure message board also lends itself to a bizarre loneliness that few have likely experienced.

Honey, I'm used to being out on the frontlines in a war zone with the most rugged, war-torn people possible.......... it cracks me up you think your wishy washy, low self-esteem driven posts make me do anything but laugh.
Sure you have been...:rofl:

What kind of individual I am? You mistake me for somewhat that gives a shit, darlin. LMAO
No..I mistook you for someone worth a shit.

As for gas prices......everyone knows you're a liar....but please keep bumping my thread. I got you exactly where I want ya.
:badgrin:

WIll do...it helps reinforce your negativity.

Awww, darling, does all my front line experience in Iraq and the rest of the world make you feel about as small as a flea? It sure seems to.

I'm sorry about that. Can't help ya there. Maybe you shoulda made better life choices.

And hey, I know plenty people that have never left their state that somehow manage to grasp truths that we on the front lines have seen with our own eyes. Your being a basement dweller doesn't HAVE to preclude you from being worldly. But unfortunately something does. Low IQ maybe?

It's laughable you keep lying about my being in Iraq when some of your fellow bottom dwellers have actually seen pictures. It makes me chuckle almost as much as the thumping you desperate libs are going to take in three weeks.

You're pathetic, you're stupid, you're a liar, and you're classless. Most of all you have NO integrity. I'd feel a lot of shame if I were you too.

Now let me school you in economics once again, shit-for-brains: this president has nothing to do with a drop in gas prices.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

I'm still waiting for one of the left wingers that said producing more of our own fuel was never going to drop the price, Therefore supporting obie's regulations attempting to stop that production to admit they were wrong. We have more oil now than we ever had before and the price is dropping despite obie's attempt to hold that production down. If keystone was under way today we could be very well looking at 2 bucks a gallon. Something a Republican candidate actually said during the last election and the idiot left laughed at.

More oil production equals lower prices at the pump. Can you people actually learn from real market forces at work here or are you going to still insist it has nothing to do with prices?
We've been producing more oil for 5 years and during those 5 years the price of gas rose and rose as oil was exported more and more, and only now the price has come down slightly. We are the largest oil producer in the world and oil is our number one export. Our gas prices only come down when the world consumes less.

Exactly! - Crude Oil & Gasoline prices were 500% lower when Clinton was president & we imported most of our oil. Then Bush nearly destroyed the USA, US dollar, Jobs & Exploded Deficit spending. Bush drove oil up from $10/barrel to $147/barrel while we were fracing & producing oil like crazy. The value of the US dollar determines the price far more than US Oil Production does.

When Bush left office it cost US oil producers over $72/barrel & rising to increase Bakken oil production. Now under Obama it is only costing $58/barrel & falling. Before Bush destroyed this country, oil was only $10/barrel.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for one of the left wingers that said producing more of our own fuel was never going to drop the price, Therefore supporting obie's regulations attempting to stop that production to admit they were wrong. We have more oil now than we ever had before and the price is dropping despite obie's attempt to hold that production down. If keystone was under way today we could be very well looking at 2 bucks a gallon. Something a Republican candidate actually said during the last election and the idiot left laughed at.

More oil production equals lower prices at the pump. Can you people actually learn from real market forces at work here or are you going to still insist it has nothing to do with prices?
We've been producing more oil for 5 years and during those 5 years the price of gas rose and rose as oil was exported more and more, and only now the price has come down slightly. We are the largest oil producer in the world and oil is our number one export. Our gas prices only come down when the world consumes less.

Exactly! - Crude Oil & Gasoline prices were 500% lower when Clinton was president & we imported most of our oil. Then Bush nearly destroyed the USA, US dollar, Jobs & Exploded Deficit spending. Bush drove oil up from $10/barrel to $147/barrel while we were fracing & producing oil like crazy. The value of the US dollar determines the price far more than US Oil Production does.

When Bush left office it cost US oil producers over $72/barrel & rising to increase Bakken oil production. Now under Obama it is only costing $58/barrel & falling. Before Bush destroyed this country, oil was only $10/barrel.

Darn that Katrina!

You and ed are dumb and dumber. First, you know nothing about economics. Second, what was Obama's policy that you feel led to lower energy prices. Was it when he kept saying prices need to go up because of global warming to cut usage? Is that how he lowered them?

You and ed are dumb and dumber. First, you know nothing about economics. Second, what was Obama's policy that you feel led to lower energy prices. Was it when he kept saying prices need to go up because of global warming to cut usage? Is that how he lowered them?
You are so clueless that Republicans used Machiavellianism to play you like a Fiddle.

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg

Last edited:

You are so clueless that Republicans used Machiavellianism to play you like a Fiddle.

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg
Wow...sub $2.50 prices on Planet Earth.

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg

That wasn't the question, shit for brains. The question was, what was Obama's policy that lead to lower gas prices? He's blocked domestic exploration repeatedly. His ass was in the right chair at the right time. And he's taking credit for something he not only had nothing to do with but was actually fighting. That's what he did. Explain what he did that would lead to lower gas prices.

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg

And what policy did Obama have that led to that?

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg

And what policy did Obama have that led to that?

Notice she can't EVER answer that, LOL.

She knows it's all propaganda.

But thanks for staying on these liars, Kaz. They're like roaches....crawling everywhere, LOL>

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg

That wasn't the question, shit for brains. The question was, what was Obama's policy that lead to lower gas prices? He's blocked domestic exploration repeatedly. His ass was in the right chair at the right time. And he's taking credit for something he not only had nothing to do with but was actually fighting. That's what he did. Explain what he did that would lead to lower gas prices.

Yes your stupidity is the answer to why you have to keep re-asking previously answered stupid questions.

• Obama's Executive Order #13423 Increased Government Fleet Fuel Efficiency, Reduced Energy Consumption, Lowering Demand & Prices.
  • Obama's Memorandum to EPA approves Request for Emissions Standards Waiver increasing efficiency, economics & reducing prices.
  • Obama's Memorandum to NHTSA enforced EISA increasing CAFE efficiency, reducing oil, fuel & gasoline demand & prices by over 25%.
  • Obama's Executive Order #13604 Fast Tracked the key section of the Keystone, Flanagan South & Seaway Pipelines crushing the Brent to WTI Crude Oil price spread by $30/barrel saving you big-time at the gas pump.
  • Obama's continued support of Ethanol & alternative transport suppresses the Gasoline prices at the pump 25%.
  • Obama's Executive Order #13490 Lifted the Oil Export Ban to free oil transport to most economical & efficient refinery capacity & encourage more crude oil, fuel & gasoline production.
  • Obama stopped Bush's wasteful No-Bid Government Contract Spending, Too Big to Fail Bailouts, Reduced Deficit Spending Boosting the value of the US Dollars that sets the price of Crude Oil thus lowering the price of Oil.
  • Obama's EPA push for Environmental Drilling Fracing Eco-Pad reduced US oil production cost by over $15/barrel.
These are just a few of Obama's policies that have lowered Gasoline Prices at the pump. I am busy with little time to keep reposing facts just because you think it's cute to keep re-asking the same question saying someone can't answer it.

Last edited:

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg

Yes your stupidity is the answer to why you have to keep re-asking previously answered stupid questions.

• Obama's Executive Order #13423 Increased Government Fleet Fuel Efficiency, Reduced Energy Consumption, Lowering Demand & Prices.
  • Obama's Memorandum to EPA approves Request for Emissions Standards Waiver increasing efficiency, economics & reducing prices.
  • Obama's Memorandum to NHTSA enforced EISA increasing CAFE efficiency, reducing oil, fuel & gasoline demand & prices by over 25%.
  • Obama's Executive Order #13604 Fast Tracked the key section of the Keystone, Flanagan South & Seaway Pipelines crushing the Brent to WTI Crude Oil price spread by $30/barrel saving you big-time at the gas pump.
  • Obama's continued support of Ethanol & alternative transport suppresses the Gasoline prices at the pump 25%.
  • Obama's Executive Order #13490 Lifted the Oil Export Ban to free oil transport to most economical & efficient refinery capacity & encourage more crude oil, fuel & gasoline production.
  • Obama stopped Bush's wasteful No-Bid Government Contract Spending, Too Big to Fail Bailouts, Reduced Deficit Spending Boosting the value of the US Dollars that sets the price of Crude Oil thus lowering the price of Oil.
  • Obama's EPA push for Environmental Drilling Fracing Eco-Pad reduced US oil production cost by over $15/barrel.
These are just a few of Obama's policies that have lowered Gasoline Prices at the pump. I am busy with little time to keep reposing facts just because you think it's cute to keep re-asking the same question saying someone can't answer it.

LOL, the kool-aid chugger strikes again. Obama said he wanted gas prices to go up because of green house gasses to drive usage down. He's blocked production on federal land, off shores and in Alaska while fighting fracking and blocking the Keystone pipeline. And you think he's worked to lower oil prices? LOL, glug, glug, glug is all you have to say.

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg

LOL, the kool-aid chugger strikes again. Obama said he wanted gas prices to go up because of green house gasses to drive usage down. He's blocked production on federal land, off shores and in Alaska while fighting fracking and blocking the Keystone pipeline. And you think he's worked to lower oil prices? LOL, glug, glug, glug is all you have to say.

Read the $2.42 gas pump price & weep you stupid propaganda believing Kool-Aid chugger! :lol:

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg

Read the $2.42 gas pump price & weep you stupid propaganda believing Kool-Aid chugger! :lol:

LOL, there's no clearer way to say you have nothing than to repeat my own line back to me. And what does that link tell me regarding Obama's polices, grasshopper?

Missouri_Gas_Prices.jpg

LOL, there's no clearer way to say you have nothing than to repeat my own line back to me. And what does that link tell me regarding Obama's polices, grasshopper?
You are the retard who can't link to Obama's Executive Order that banned drilling. I posted Obama's Executive Orders that backed my claims. Read them & weep you stupid propaganda parroting retard! :lol:

You are the retard who can't link to Obama's Executive Order that banned drilling. I posted Obama's Executive Orders that backed my claims. Read them & weep you stupid propaganda parroting retard! :lol:

First of all, you went from a very broad discussion to a very narrow question you had not asked me before. But since you did now, here you go.

U.S. in Contempt Over Gulf Drill Ban Judge Rules - Bloomberg

Obama bans eastern Gulf drilling for 7 years - CNN.com

Obama Bans Drilling in Half of Alaska s Petroleum Reserve - Fox Nation

Obama Administration Imposes Five-Year Drilling Ban on Majority of Offshore Areas - House Committee on Natural Resources

First of all, you went from a very broad discussion to a very narrow question you had not asked me before. But since you did now, here you go.

U.S. in Contempt Over Gulf Drill Ban Judge Rules - Bloomberg

Obama bans eastern Gulf drilling for 7 years - CNN.com

Obama Bans Drilling in Half of Alaska s Petroleum Reserve - Fox Nation

Obama Administration Imposes Five-Year Drilling Ban on Majority of Offshore Areas - House Committee on Natural Resources
Propaganda Idiot! Where is Obama's Executive Order banning drilling like Bush's Executive Order 12777 that banned all drilling on the US Continental Shelf & other Federal Lands?

Forum List

Back