On WHAT HONEST basis does Admin make CLAIM of Exec. Priv.?

Poor old dead Brian Terry and his parents. The democrats just want to give the finger to Issa and they won't rend any clothing over that. wow! that's just so friggin American ain't it?

thats rather low you are using Terry as a political football in order to score points in bashing Obama.

well not that low of you.

Obama and Holder made Terry a "political football" when their ill conceived and botched efforts at subverting 2nd Amendment rights directly caused his death.

In 1978 Congress passed a law, the Presidential Records Act of 1978. The law allowed the president when entering office to invoke some secrecy to his records by executive order. Reagan was first, with Executive Order 12667, when Bush entered office his executive order EO 13233 canceled Reagan's and established a EO to keep his records secret. Obama's EO canceled the previous president's and protected Obama's records with EO 13489.
The first president to try and protect his records was George Washington.

In 1978 Congress passed a law, the Presidential Records Act of 1978. The law allowed the president when entering office to invoke some secrecy to his records by executive order. Reagan was first, with Executive Order 12667, when Bush entered office his executive order EO 13233 canceled Reagan's and established a EO to keep his records secret. Obama's EO canceled the previous president's and protected Obama's records with EO 13489.
The first president to try and protect his records was George Washington.

The issue here is not an abbreviated history of Executive Privilege claims.

The issue here is whether there IS any honest basis by which the President invokes it over the communications subpoenaed by the House Committee investigating the DoJ clusterfuck known as Fast and Furious.

It was never intended to merely cover embarrassing and tragic lapses of judgment by Executive Branch officials.

Doesn't it bother anybody that the President hasn't even bothered to offer any explanation to the American People over THIS assertion of that privilege?

Poor old dead Brian Terry and his parents. The democrats just want to give the finger to Issa and they won't rend any clothing over that. wow! that's just so friggin American ain't it?

thats rather low you are using Terry as a political football in order to score points in bashing Obama.

Obama and Holder made Terry a "political football" when their ill conceived and botched efforts at subverting 2nd Amendment rights directly caused his death.

Jesus, stop making me laugh my side aches!!

Obamination is flat out lying to the American public when he claimed he knew nothing about this program, but now uses his office to stop information being leaked to Congress under the guise that his office was involved thus can prevent information being leaked.

Insane....

I guess you missed Darrell Issa saying this morning that he has NO evidence of an administration cover-up.

Obamination is flat out lying to the American public when he claimed he knew nothing about this program, but now uses his office to stop information being leaked to Congress under the guise that his office was involved thus can prevent information being leaked.

Insane....

I guess you missed Darrell Issa saying this morning that he has NO evidence of an administration cover-up.

The phony invocation of EP is tantamount to a coverup.

I guess you wish to pretend otherwise.

What Issa does know is that lies were told. Now you gotta ask yourself, why does someone lie if not to cover up the truth..

you dumbass liberals make my side split.

Indeed...and his FAMILY deserves much better. Neither Obama or Holder give a shit.

I wonder if Obama would change his TUNE if it was one of his daughters? He's already told us he doesn't want them saddled with a CHILD should they screw around...

Last edited:

Insane....

The phony invocation of EP is tantamount to a coverup.

I guess you wish to pretend otherwise.

I don't remember you crying cover-up when Bush used executive privilege. Did you suffer a transformation on or about January 20th 2009??

One of the purposes of invoking EO is to protect those that have been involved in a decision. If presidential advisers are to speak freely, their advise and the discussion should be confidential, however, some would like the advise and discussion to be made public and after it is made public, then make the determination if it should be confidential. Good idea.

NEWS FLASH. Bush is NO LONGER PRESIDENT. QUIT using him as an EXCUSE for our under achieving President that is office right now!

I too want to know what national security secrets are so important that he has to hide behind EP in this situation.

Then they wouldn't be secrets anymore.

And WHY are theySecrets? SCARED that the Mexicans will see that Obama launched a SECRET WAR against the Mexican people without the CONSENT of the Mexican Government?

Last edited:
Flashback to 2002:
In the brewing battle over the release of Vice President Cheney’s energy task force records, Cheney says he’s taking a stand on principle. And he has a point: From its earliest days, the second Bush administration has demonstrated a deep ideological commitment to restoring the prerogatives of the executive branch. Right out of the box, the White House put a freeze on the release of Reagan-era records scheduled to be made public last year. Whether or not the White House has something to hide, Cheney’s refusal to turn over the energy task force records is in line with this stance.
Newsflash for ClosedMindedNot all invocations of Executive Privilege are created equal. You may not CARE for the Bush claims, but they at least explained their bases. YOU cannot point to one word of "explanation" from the incumbent and his Administration for this latest claim.
But go on pretending that it's all ok.

But but but that's different.

NEWS FLASH. Bush is NO LONGER PRESIDENT. QUIT using him as an EXCUSE for our under achieving President that is office right now!

They have no other outlet...Have no other place to place it except themselves...

Bush isn't pres but you have no explanation why Obama is the only person you believe is covering up even tho it's been used by every president since...who knows.

I was just quoting JIll. it is pretty damn low innit?

Dam Wiwwow do you ever do anything that you wont blame a democrat for? You say the stupidest shot then blame it on everyone else.

They have no other outlet...Have no other place to place it except themselves...

Bush isn't pres but you have no explanation why Obama is the only person you believe is covering up even tho it's been used by every president since...who knows.

Stupid...Srupid...Stupid...

HOLDER stated Bush didn't have a THING to do with this.

WTF is wrong with you?

PAY Attention...

Flashback to 2002:
Newsflash for ClosedMindedNot all invocations of Executive Privilege are created equal. You may not CARE for the Bush claims, but they at least explained their bases. YOU cannot point to one word of "explanation" from the incumbent and his Administration for this latest claim.
But go on pretending that it's all ok.

But but but that's different.

It is diufferent to invoke it WITH an explanation compared to invoking it without an explanation.

But pretend otherwise. That oughta sooth your liberal butthurt.

Forum List

Back