On WHAT HONEST basis does Admin make CLAIM of Exec. Priv.?

Poor old dead Brian Terry and his parents. The democrats just want to give the finger to Issa and they won't rend any clothing over that. wow! that's just so friggin American ain't it?

thats rather low you are using Terry as a political football in order to score points in bashing Obama.

well not that low of you.

I was just quoting JIll. it is pretty damn low innit?

He is clearly covering something up here.

It seems most likely (to me) that he is trying to prevent further harm to his AG.

But even so, he's not getting pressed AT ALL on the alleged "basis" for his invocation of Executive Privilege.

And it quite clear that he has no valid basis to make the claim.

Why does he get a free ride on this?

Obviously the Obama is covering something up. He's thrown people under the bus before, including his own family, so I can't see him having any issue with doing it to Holder to save his own ass.

I think that's the bottom line: he's got something to hide and he's trying to save his own ass. Of course, after the election, he'll have more flexibility.

I am leaning towards obama has something to hide and holder knows what it is.

Poor old dead Brian Terry and his parents. The democrats just want to give the finger to Issa and they won't rend any clothing over that. wow! that's just so friggin American ain't it?

thats rather low you are using Terry as a political football in order to score points in bashing Obama.

and i am just quoting you. You are scum yes.

He is clearly covering something up here.

It seems most likely (to me) that he is trying to prevent further harm to his AG.

But even so, he's not getting pressed AT ALL on the alleged "basis" for his invocation of Executive Privilege.

And it quite clear that he has no valid basis to make the claim.

Why does he get a free ride on this?

i think it amuses the rightwing extremists to opine that they're "hiding something". i think they're just giving the finger to issa.

now... do i agree with them doing that?

no. but someone needed to remind issa that he isn't the biggest fish in the pond. so i wouldn't rend my clothing over it either.

It might be just petty politics. But, so far, the President hasn't explained (officially to the Congress or unofficially in any public statement) his CLAIMED basis for invoking it.

And if he is invoking Executive Privilege for such a petty reason (amounting to no legal reason whatsoever) then wouldn't you think that's pretty shameful for the nation's Chief Executive?

Flashback to 2002:

Newsflash for ClosedMinded:

Not all invocations of Executive Privilege are created equal.

You may not CARE for the Bush claims, but they at least explained their bases.

YOU cannot point to one word of "explanation" from the incumbent and his Administration for this latest claim.

But go on pretending that it's all ok.

His basis could be to protect past administrations.

Yeah right! He's blamed every one of his failures on Bush so far. Why would this be any different?

On WHAT HONEST basis does the Obama Administration make the CLAIM of Executive Privilege over the Fast and Furious papers, notes and e-mails?

I don't think they HAVE any HONEST basis to invoke Executive Privilege.

Why won't the President 'splain his action, in detail?

Isn't it "curious" how little the national media seems interested in pressing him on it?

Maybe they are afraid of appearing "rude?"

Why did Bush claim it 6 times?

He (unlike your Obamessaih) explained his reasons.

But Booooosh is not now the issue, Mr. Deflection Effort.

Keep some focus.

It's about the incumbent's alleged basis for invoking it.

On WHAT HONEST basis does the Obama Administration make the CLAIM of Executive Privilege over the Fast and Furious papers, notes and e-mails?

Isn't it "curious" how little the national media seems interested in pressing him on it?

Has any president EVER released private or inter office e-mails?

Why should Obama open THAT door? Cuz that asshole Issa said so? Obama should just have that raggedy fag fuck dragged into the Oval Office and slap the shit out of him...drug him and stage a motelroom with a midget that looks like a young boy with Issa suckin his dick. Then post it on the internet. I would imagine Issa would get more "internet e-mails" than he really wants then..

Just a thought...

Flashback to 2002:

Newsflash for ClosedMinded:

Not all invocations of Executive Privilege are created equal.

You may not CARE for the Bush claims, but they at least explained their bases.

YOU cannot point to one word of "explanation" from the incumbent and his Administration for this latest claim.

But go on pretending that it's all ok.

His basis could be to protect past administrations.

No. It couldn't, since Fast and Furious was entirely an Obama Administration creation.

And it could be lots of things, but why should we settle for speculation. The President of the United States just invoked it against an investigatory Congressional Committee. So why the hell should we all be expecting and demanding that he state his basis?

"Poor old dead Brian Terry and his parents." .... was not included in her post. That was all you.

Obama does not believe tha the constitution applies to him and he hope for change because noting he has done so far and made anything better.

"Poor old dead Brian Terry and his parents." .... was not included in her post. That was all you.

He is dead isn't he? Yes, and Jillian doesn't care. All she cares about is giving the finger to Issa.

You wouldn't give two shits for Brian Terry's life if you still had control of your own bowels.

BTW, you lie a lot.

i think they're just giving the finger to issa.

no.

Why should Obama open THAT door? Cuz that asshole Issa said so? Obama should just have that raggedy fag fuck dragged into the Oval Office and slap the shit out of him...drug him and stage a motelroom with a midget that looks like a young boy with Issa suckin his dick. Then post it on the internet. I would imagine Issa would get more "internet e-mails" than he really wants then..

Just a thought...

Why would you advocate for illegal actions to be performed by the government?
Sadly, you vote.

He is dead isn't he? Yes, and Jillian doesn't care. All she cares about is giving the finger to Issa.

You wouldn't give two shits for Brian Terry's life if you still had control of your own bowels.

BTW, you lie a lot.

no.

the left are making it political, all they want is to give Issa the finger!

BTW, you lie a lot.

no.

facts can be confusing to some people. :dunno:

Just give the finger to Issa and don't rend your clothing over it. Poor old dead Brian Terry.

Just a thought...
Richard Nixon was ordered by the US Supreme Court to release memos and tapes, but I guess that's different?

Just a thought...

The stuff that went on at DoJ wasn't inter-office e-mail. It was DoJ communications regarding the subject matter of a fairly important investigation.

In that sense, I suggest that it doesn't matter at all whether or not there is precedent for the subpoena.

But the shorter answer is: you BET Presidents have had to share their inter-office and inter-Administration communications in the past.

Issa (asshole or not) is not the issue. And HE didn't send out he subpoena. An investigatory House Committee sent out the subpoena. And that calls for compliance absent a VALID claim of privilege. If someone sends a criminal lawyer a subpoena for all communications between him and his client, the accused criminal, the attorney damn well better invoke attorney/client privilege. That would be a VALID claim of privilege.

But if I that same lawyer happens to have been at a lunch with some NON client schlub and there was no hint of seeking professional advice, just a little chat between the two of them concerning the prospect of committing a conspiracy crime, then absent the attorney/client, any such subpoena should be complied with.

This gets me back to my question. It is not enough to just make the bald claim" "Executive Privilege!" WHAT is the BASIS for the CLAIM of Executive Privilege in THIS case?

Last edited:

Nobody got killed because of Watergate.

Odd that Watergate had the media aggressively doing investigative reporting.

It's amazing what the press can discover - when they want to, that is. We know more about Palin, Joe the plumber and Romney's dog than we know about Obama. The media happily looks the other way when stuff like this creeps up, and there have been many instances of the media actively diverting the public away from scandals like this.

I think invoking executive privilege implicates that Obama is involved in Fast and Furious, otherwise how could he hide behind it?

Forum List

Back