On WHAT HONEST basis does Admin make CLAIM of Exec. Priv.?

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
On WHAT HONEST basis does the Obama Administration make the CLAIM of Executive Privilege over the Fast and Furious papers, notes and e-mails?

I don't think they HAVE any HONEST basis to invoke Executive Privilege.

Why won't the President 'splain his action, in detail?

Isn't it "curious" how little the national media seems interested in pressing him on it?

Maybe they are afraid of appearing "rude?"

Obamination is flat out lying to the American public when he claimed he knew nothing about this program, but now uses his office to stop information being leaked to Congress under the guise that his office was involved thus can prevent information being leaked.

Insane....

He is clearly covering something up here.

It seems most likely (to me) that he is trying to prevent further harm to his AG.

But even so, he's not getting pressed AT ALL on the alleged "basis" for his invocation of Executive Privilege.

And it quite clear that he has no valid basis to make the claim.

Why does he get a free ride on this?

On WHAT HONEST basis does the Obama Administration make the CLAIM of Executive Privilege over the Fast and Furious papers, notes and e-mails?

Isn't it "curious" how little the national media seems interested in pressing him on it?

Nobody got killed because of Watergate.

Odd that Watergate had the media aggressively doing investigative reporting.

Flashback to 2002:
In the brewing battle over the release of Vice President Cheney’s energy task force records, Cheney says he’s taking a stand on principle. And he has a point: From its earliest days, the second Bush administration has demonstrated a deep ideological commitment to restoring the prerogatives of the executive branch. Right out of the box, the White House put a freeze on the release of Reagan-era records scheduled to be made public last year. Whether or not the White House has something to hide, Cheney’s refusal to turn over the energy task force records is in line with this stance.

Yep and the one reporter who dared asking him knew that would be his one and only chance to ask Obama.

He took no questions and walked out.... I too want to know what national security secrets are so important that he has to hide behind EP in this situation.

Flashback to 2002:
In the brewing battle over the release of Vice President Cheney’s energy task force records, Cheney says he’s taking a stand on principle. And he has a point: From its earliest days, the second Bush administration has demonstrated a deep ideological commitment to restoring the prerogatives of the executive branch. Right out of the box, the White House put a freeze on the release of Reagan-era records scheduled to be made public last year. Whether or not the White House has something to hide, Cheney’s refusal to turn over the energy task force records is in line with this stance.

Isn't your damn signature line a little too large? Why don't you have to follow the rulez?

For the record: Executive privilege is a dreadful doctrine. It is corrosive to democracy, a haven for scoundrels, an easy out for liars and cheats. It allows presidents to cover their tracks and throw up obstacles to congressional inquiry, even if a court finds it was improperly invoked months (or years) after the fact. It enshrines secrets, and secrets are bad. Obama is a hypocrite and coward for invoking it.
I'm allowed to say that because that's how I felt about Reagan's use of it to keep then-Supreme Court nominee William Rehnquist's Justice Department memos secret, and George H.W. Bush's use of it to prevent Defense Secretary Dick Cheney from handing over documents about Pentagon cost overruns, and Bill Clinton's use of it to hide his reflexive lies and monstrous appetite for intern-flesh, and George W. Bush's use of it (six all told) to cover up his various scandals. Every president since Kennedy has invoked executive privilege in one form or another. George W. Bush first did it on his 334th day in office. It took Obama 1,240.

I bet all those claims of executive priviledge is fine except when Clinton and Obama does it

Flashback to 2002:

Isn't your damn signature line a little too large? Why don't you have to follow the rulez?

:cuckoo: translation: Waaaa why did you quote me saying something stupid, I'mma tell and ignore the hypocrisy

It seems most likely (to me) that he is trying to prevent further harm to his AG.

But even so, he's not getting pressed AT ALL on the alleged "basis" for his invocation of Executive Privilege.

Obviously the Obama is covering something up. He's thrown people under the bus before, including his own family, so I can't see him having any issue with doing it to Holder to save his own ass.

I think that's the bottom line: he's got something to hide and he's trying to save his own ass. Of course, after the election, he'll have more flexibility.

Flashback to 2002:

Newsflash for ClosedMinded:

Not all invocations of Executive Privilege are created equal.

You may not CARE for the Bush claims, but they at least explained their bases.

YOU cannot point to one word of "explanation" from the incumbent and his Administration for this latest claim.

But go on pretending that it's all ok.

Can't remember the exact wording, but there was something I heard on the radio yesterday about Obama now having to provide some sort of document information concerning each and every document he is trying to hide. I forget what they called the procedure but it is something that comes with EP and the rights of those non-esoteric individuals that are forbidden to see the documents. It is as though he MUST explain in writing why the document is being secreted.

It should give his staff something to do for the next few months. Nothing will happen before the election. Bet your sweet ass on that!

i think it amuses the rightwing extremists to opine that they're "hiding something". i think they're just giving the finger to issa.

now... do i agree with them doing that?

no. but someone needed to remind issa that he isn't the biggest fish in the pond. so i wouldn't rend my clothing over it either.

Poor old dead Brian Terry and his parents. The democrats just want to give the finger to Issa and they won't rend any clothing over that. wow! that's just so friggin American ain't it?

Poor old dead Brian Terry and his parents. The democrats just want to give the finger to Issa and they won't rend any clothing over that. wow! that's just so friggin American ain't it?

at least you know his name.

but issa's pre-planned press conference had nothing to do with brian terry's death. if he were concerned about that, he'd have sat down with eric holder and gone over everything and stopped with the contempt nonsense which was solely designed as red meat for the base.

Why did Bush claim it 6 times?

at least you know his name.

but issa's pre-planned press conference had nothing to do with brian terry's death. if he were concerned about that, he'd have sat down with eric holder and gone over everything and stopped with the contempt nonsense which was solely designed as red meat for the base.

you know what they say about assholes and opinions.

Flashback to 2002:

Newsflash for ClosedMinded:

Not all invocations of Executive Privilege are created equal.

You may not CARE for the Bush claims, but they at least explained their bases.

YOU cannot point to one word of "explanation" from the incumbent and his Administration for this latest claim.

But go on pretending that it's all ok.

His basis could be to protect past administrations.

thats rather low you are using Terry as a political football in order to score points in bashing Obama.

well not that low of you.

Forum List

Back