OMG, Trump Just Shot Himself in the Ass on H1-B Visas

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
OK, I know politicians evolve and they change their minds on issues. The less important the issue, the more likely they will change on it, and vice versa. People are OK with a dude changing his mind on something over the course of years, but when it comes to voting for a President who says, for example, they want to subsidize widget making in this country, you expect them to stay decided on that for at least a few years.

If they have gone around the country saying that widgets are so important then they change their mind a few months later and say, nah, we dont need widgets so much, then everyone realizes that they are dealing with a person who has 'no sand', as we used to express it. They are like a weather vane and and you dont use weather vanes for guidance to follow them, or you are lost when you need to know the direction to head home. You use a compass, of course that might jiggle and swing around, but it eventually points toward magnetic north.

Donald Trump has been telling everyone for months now that he wants to curtail the abuse of the H1-B visa system as has Ted Cruz. Tonight during the debate Trump said he has changed his mind and now he is OK with expanding H1-B visas. WTF?

Is there anything else this man is going to change his mind about? The odds look pretty high after this bullshit.

Donald Trump, you have betrayed a major constituency. Working Americans in the STEM fields have been shunted aside for decades now since George HW Bush increased the H1-Bs by a factor of x20 in 1990.

A great many of us who have had to train our replacements, get laid off while the rest of the STEM staff was all H1-Bs and you knew that they werent allowed to do that by law, but no one would do a damned thing about it, a great many of us have been pulled toward you and Ted Cruz.

Thank you for helping me realize that you cannot be depended on to remain steady and show some sand.

I think Trump may have just given Ted Cruz the nomination.

Last edited:
Which H1b visas? The ones where they let foreigners come in and start businesses or the ones where they let foreigners come in and take over jobs Americans should have?

Which H1b visas? The ones where they let foreigners come in and start businesses or the ones where they let foreigners come in and take over jobs Americans should have?

I dont think the H1-B visa program allows people into the country to start businesses. They let people stay after graduating college on a visa, but I dont think that that is the H1-B.

H-1B visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H-1B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker must either apply for and be granted a change of status to another non-immigrant status, find another employer (subject to application for adjustment of status and/or change of visa), or leave the U.S.

The regulations define a "specialty occupation" as requiring theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge in a field of human endeavor[1] including but not limited to biotechnology, chemistry, architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, education, law, accounting, business specialties, theology, and the arts, and requiring the attainment of a bachelor's degree or its equivalent as a minimum[2] (with the exception of fashion models, who must be "of distinguished merit and ability").[3] Likewise, the foreign worker must possess at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent and state licensure, if required to practice in that field. H-1B work-authorization is strictly limited to employment by the sponsoring employer.

The H-1B and various other temporary foreign worker programs (L-1, TN, O-1 and OPT) are not without controversy.[4] For fiscal year 2012, initial H-1B employment authorizations for Computer-related occupations totaled 83,444, equaling 98.2% of the H-1B statutory cap.[5] The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment-levels for Computer-related occupations rose by 117,500,[6][7] and the National Center for Educational Statistics reports that 41,047 bachelors degrees in Computer and information sciences were conferred to citizens and permanent residents in the corresponding calendar year (2011).[8] The aggregate indicates that 6,991 new graduates(17%) were preempted from employment by H-1B foreign temporary workers. A detailed study, published in 2008, by the Center for Immigration Studies, concurs with the data for 2011, finding that H-1B initial employment authorizations absorbed 78% of the average of 63,000 new computer jobs created annually.[9]

In addition to the over-subscription in Computer-related occupations, prominent firms such as Disney World and Southern California Edison have made headlines by compelling existing employees to train their foreign replacements in exchange for severance pay and favorable separation terms.

OK, I know politicians evolve and they change their minds on issues. The less important the issue, the more likely they will change on it, and vice versa. People are OK with a dude changing his mind on something over the course of years, but when it comes to voting for a President who says, for example, they want to subsidize widget making in this country, you expect them to stay decided on that for at least a few years.

If they have gone around the country saying that widgets are so important then they change their mind a few months later and say, nah, we dont need widgets so much, then everyone realizes that they are dealing with a person who has 'no sand', as we used to express it. They are like a weather vane and and you dont use weather vanes for guidance to follow them, or you are lost when you need to know the direction to head home. You use a compass, of course that might jiggle and swing around, but it eventually points toward magnetic north.

Donald Trump has been telling everyone for months now that he wants to curtail the abuse of th eH1-B visa system as has Ted Cruz. Tonight during the debate Trump said he has changed his mind and now he is OK with expanding H1-B visas. WTF?

Is there anything else this man is going to change his mind about? The odds look pretty high after this bullshit.

Donald Trump, you have betrayed a major constituency. Working Americans in the STEM fields have been shunted aside for decades now since George HW Bush increased the H1-Bs by a factor of x20 in 1990.

A great many of us who have had to train our replacements, get laid off while the rest of the STEM staff was all H1-Bs and you knew that they werent allowed to do that by law, but no one would do a damned thing about it, a great many of us have been pulled toward you and Ted Cruz.

Thank you for helping me realize that you cannot be depended on to remain steady and show some sand.

Well, from outside, I think if Ted Cruz gets nomination, then Hillary gets elected President.

I've been reading about Cruz and it's said that he's not that liked as a person. Also the way he looks, he's a bit creepy looking.

ted+Cruz+(2).jpg

303d8f4aec6d58d6645d28a0bfd6110a.jpg

I dont think the H1-B visa program allows people into the country to start businesses. They let people stay after graduating college on a visa, but I dont think that that is the H1-B.

H-1B visa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H-1B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker must either apply for and be granted a change of status to another non-immigrant status, find another employer (subject to application for adjustment of status and/or change of visa), or leave the U.S.

The regulations define a "specialty occupation" as requiring theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge in a field of human endeavor[1] including but not limited to biotechnology, chemistry, architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, education, law, accounting, business specialties, theology, and the arts, and requiring the attainment of a bachelor's degree or its equivalent as a minimum[2] (with the exception of fashion models, who must be "of distinguished merit and ability").[3] Likewise, the foreign worker must possess at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent and state licensure, if required to practice in that field. H-1B work-authorization is strictly limited to employment by the sponsoring employer.

The H-1B and various other temporary foreign worker programs (L-1, TN, O-1 and OPT) are not without controversy.[4] For fiscal year 2012, initial H-1B employment authorizations for Computer-related occupations totaled 83,444, equaling 98.2% of the H-1B statutory cap.[5] The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment-levels for Computer-related occupations rose by 117,500,[6][7] and the National Center for Educational Statistics reports that 41,047 bachelors degrees in Computer and information sciences were conferred to citizens and permanent residents in the corresponding calendar year (2011).[8] The aggregate indicates that 6,991 new graduates(17%) were preempted from employment by H-1B foreign temporary workers. A detailed study, published in 2008, by the Center for Immigration Studies, concurs with the data for 2011, finding that H-1B initial employment authorizations absorbed 78% of the average of 63,000 new computer jobs created annually.[9]

In addition to the over-subscription in Computer-related occupations, prominent firms such as Disney World and Southern California Edison have made headlines by compelling existing employees to train their foreign replacements in exchange for severance pay and favorable separation terms.
Go searching.

They have a shitload of slick attorneys doing the paperwork. They can file on one end coming in and another for business grants. I have some very good friends who are attorneys and a few who are or have been judges. On a whole though you have a lot of lying ass attorneys out there that will do anything shady for a buck.

Donald Trump has been telling everyone for months now that he wants to curtail the abuse of th eH1-B visa system as has Ted Cruz. Tonight during the debate Trump said he has changed his mind and now he is OK with expanding H1-B visas. WTF?

Well, from outside, I think if Ted Cruz gets nomination, then Hillary gets elected President.

I've been reading about Cruz and it's said that he's not that liked as a person. Also the way he looks, he's a bit creepy looking.

ted+Cruz+(2).jpg

The Hildebeast is no prize either, particularly in the hard to like department.

I dont care about how he looks.

I just know when I wake up tomorrow, Cruz will not have changed his mind suddenly on a key issue.

This is what happens when shit for brain idiots line up for slaughter, supporting a Trojan Horse liberal for the GOP nominee. He lies his way in bed with you, then anal rapes you by pushing liberal stupidity.

There are about 200 soon to be former Disney IT workers who have to train these H1-B workers to replace them. This is a disgrace.

Trump (paraphrased), I can screw over American workers and say it on TV and I won't lose any of my supporters. It's incredible!"
While I am a Cruz supporter, I had no real problem with Trump winning because he is very similar to Cruz.

No longer.

Last edited:

There are about 200 soon to be former Disney IT workers who have to train these H1-B workers to replace them. This is a disgrace.
That didn't fly but its being tried. An energy firm tried doing the same. They wanted to get rid of their lineman and bring in foriegn workers. It worked for GE and a lot of others.

That didn't fly but its being tried. An energy firm tried doing the same. They wanted to get rid of their lineman and bring in foriegn workers. It worked for GE and a lot of others.

This shit has to stop and it looks like Ted Cruz is the only man willing to put a stop to the abuse, now that Trump has caved in.

Trump (paraphrased), I can screw over American workers and say it on TV and I won't lose any of my supporters. It's incredible!"
While I am a Cruz supporter, I had no real problem with Trump inning because he is very similar to Cruz.

No longer.
Educate him on an issue. In fact educate your legislators too. Most people live in a very limited world and cannot see things from a wide viewpoint.

How was it stopped? Having been in IT myself for a number of years this H1-B issue has me very upset to say the least.

How was it stopped? Having been in IT myself for a number of years this H1-B issue has me very upset to say the least.
It hasn't on the IT portion. Like I said educate. First educate your self and then educate legislators and if they won't listen start educating anyone else who can hear it.

ted+Cruz+(2).jpg

That the GOP establishment hates Cruz is a good thing. He's a constitutionalist and that galls the GOP; the GOP and Dems have become nearly indistinguishable on many issues. Cruz is smart, stands his ground, is the least 'bought' pol running ... of course the meme is 'he can't win!'.

Creepy looking? He face isn't very symmetrical, the outside corners of his eyes point down, his nose is a bit TinMan-ish ... and? Since when is being good looking a pre-req for being potus? obama is goofy looking with his big-assed ears and fly-attracking face mole, hillary looks like something the cat dragged in. And? Who cares? Their policies, their ideology, what they want/are going to do is what matters.

ted+Cruz+(2).jpg

That the GOP establishment hates Cruz is a good thing. He's a constitutionalist and that galls the GOP; the GOP and Dems have become nearly indistinguishable on many issues. Cruz is smart, stands his ground, is the least 'bought' pol running ... of course the meme is 'he can't win!'.

Creepy looking? He face isn't very symmetrical, the outside corners of his eyes point down, his nose is a bit TinMan-ish ... and? Since when is being good looking a pre-req for being potus? obama is goofy looking with his big-assed ears and fly-attracking face mole, hillary looks like something the cat dragged in. And? Who cares? Their policies, their ideology, what they want/are going to do is what matters.
They must want movie star quality. Some people think Obama is a specimen to look at.....:cheeky-smiley-018:

Forum List

Back