Omfg!!!

Some time ago I was hiking in Cape Breton on Nova Scotia when I stepped on a loose rock and broke my ankle.

I was in the hospital a good two hours while they X-rayed me, put me in a cast, and set me up with a pair of government supplied crutches.

And then the bastards had the gall to charge me $125 because I was an "alien".
\

you can get travels insurance really cheap.....i always do when traveling

okay that sounded pompous and all....i dont travel a lot...but when i do..i get the insurance cause if you were to have a serious thing...you are fucked... a friends father....has a heart attack in the caymen islands...ended up having to take a private jet to miami.

My daughter's father waited 3 hours for an MRI. 3 HOURS!!. His 3rd in 2 months. Crappy Canadian health care system, he should have to wait 6 months or more like everyone else, just like the media says! :evil:

My Mother had to wait at least 6 months. She has been jumping through hoops for nearly a year now. And yes, it is in Canada.

Where does she live?

I have not known or heard of this, however I will say that the biggest problem I see here is lack of concern, like everyone is a hypochondriac. That is not an economic issue, or at least I don't think it is.

Looking at the situation rationally, He had surgery, there was a right to be concerned, the MRI was a safeguard and the prudent thing to do given the circumstances. What You describe here has no relation to normal policies relating to MRI's. A more appropriate question here is how long did He wait for the Surgery, and what were the circumstances there? All said My hopes for a speedy and full recovery. :):):)

okay that sounded pompous and all....i dont travel a lot...but when i do..i get the insurance cause if you were to have a serious thing...you are fucked... a friends father....has a heart attack in the caymen islands...ended up having to take a private jet to miami.

No shortage of Jewish Surgeons there. LOL :):):)

omg i hadnt even considered that...and what a hoot...my non bio son attended a jewish school when he was growing up...still not sure why...hes not jewish...it was his father who had the heart attack

but all ended out well....and that is what was important

what kinda pain killer is he on? poor thing...i have empathy i like my pain killers too
Percocets.

omg...my favorite too...have the little demon sit by me..make sure he brings the meds......o that is bad..they are nice....real nice....you got to wean that sucker...
how long has he been doing them....after about 20 days you are just strung out on them...

now i feel sorry for him...that is gonna be tough on him...i would just begin to cut back on it..

My Mother had to wait at least 6 months. She has been jumping through hoops for nearly a year now. And yes, it is in Canada.

Where does she live?

I have not known or heard of this, however I will say that the biggest problem I see here is lack of concern, like everyone is a hypochondriac. That is not an economic issue, or at least I don't think it is.

Looking at the situation rationally, He had surgery, there was a right to be concerned, the MRI was a safeguard and the prudent thing to do given the circumstances. What You describe here has no relation to normal policies relating to MRI's. A more appropriate question here is how long did He wait for the Surgery, and what were the circumstances there? All said My hopes for a speedy and full recovery. :):):)

What is 'normal' policies relating to MRI's, in particular, in Ottawa?

From MRI number 1 to surgery, approx 4 weeks. From 'my leg hurts' to surgery - late June/Julyish - Primarily because the doctor thought he just wanted more pain meds, which he did. He broke his shoulder last year and the doctor was going to cut off the percs. EVERYONE thought he was faking.

My daughter's father waited 3 hours for an MRI. 3 HOURS!!. His 3rd in 2 months. Crappy Canadian health care system, he should have to wait 6 months or more like everyone else, just like the media says! :evil:

In America, we don't have a 6 month wait.

Instead, we have insurance companies that just say AUTHORIZATION FOR MRI DENIED.

what kinda pain killer is he on? poor thing...i have empathy i like my pain killers too
Percocets.

omg...my favorite too...have the little demon sit by me..make sure he brings the meds......o that is bad..they are nice....real nice....you got to wean that sucker...
how long has he been doing them....after about 20 days you are just strung out on them...

now i feel sorry for him...that is gonna be tough on him...i would just begin to cut back on it..

You'd have to pry them out of his cold dead hands. He's had the prescription for awhile, but his doctor cut it in half yesterday.

ahhh the kidlet had the gateway drug....milk and look at him now...i am not much for kids being in pain....why dont we give the little bugger a placebo...(get an intersting looking vitamin and tell the drugs sucking kidlet its a pain killer)

He saw a few vitamins in my hand that looked a little like his meds. Was he ever mad, thought I was pilfering his pills. His doctor is threatening to report him to the ministry of transport if he gets another one time script from the hospital. I don't know why docotrs hand these pills out like candy when they know people are addicted to them most of the time.

oxtoxi, any comments on that?

I give them to patients that need them and that I think are using them appropriately. I try to keep people on them for a very short time. And if they run out early and start requesting more and more and more of them, then I usually start prescribing less.

Sometimes I test their urine to make sure the prescribed drug is present. There was one week that I tested the urine of 10 people that I was suspicious for not taking their meds (i.e. selling). 8 of the 10 did not have the appropriate drug in their urine, or some other drug that I did not prescribe.

They are no longer my patients.

ahhh the kidlet had the gateway drug....milk and look at him now...i am not much for kids being in pain....why dont we give the little bugger a placebo...(get an intersting looking vitamin and tell the drugs sucking kidlet its a pain killer)

He saw a few vitamins in my hand that looked a little like his meds. Was he ever mad, thought I was pilfering his pills. His doctor is threatening to report him to the ministry of transport if he gets another one time script from the hospital. I don't know why docotrs hand these pills out like candy when they know people are addicted to them most of the time.

oxtoxi, any comments on that?

I give them to patients that need them and that I think are using them appropriately. I try to keep people on them for a very short time. And if they run out early and start requesting more and more and more of them, then I usually start prescribing less.

Sometimes I test their urine to make sure the prescribed drug is present. There was one week that I tested the urine of 10 people that I was suspicious for not taking their meds (i.e. selling). 8 of the 10 did not have the appropriate drug in their urine, or some other drug that I did not prescribe.

They are no longer my patients.

I know someone who has been selling their prescription for the broken nose they had 6 years ago. I know another guy that has a script for morphine and he gets a urine test, I guess for what you described. He's an idiot, though. Geez, what happened to the good old days when everyone was addicted to cocaine/crack?

I don't know anyone who's had to wait 6 months for an MRI. Sorry, your point failed.

Maybe because you don't live in a country that has socialized medicine for it's civilian population.

I'm a Vet. To go to the VA I have to wait 6 months just for a check up.

I don't know anyone who's had to wait 6 months for an MRI. Sorry, your point failed.

Maybe because you don't live in a country that has socialized medicine for it's civilian population.

Yes I do.

I've read VA care is terrible, which is an unbelievable shame. What budget does VA care fall under?

Yes I do.

I've read VA care is terrible, which is an unbelievable shame. What budget does VA care fall under?

Department of Veterans Affairs.

I think it depends on where you get treatment. But here in TN it's pretty bad.

I've never used it because I don't want them screwing me up and I don't want to wait months and maybe years to get something taken care of.

One of the things most service members find out is *service* isn't in the vocabulary of those who are supposed to serve us.

Last edited:
Some time ago I was hiking in Cape Breton on Nova Scotia when I stepped on a loose rock and broke my ankle.

I was in the hospital a good two hours while they X-rayed me, put me in a cast, and set me up with a pair of government supplied crutches.

And then the bastards had the gall to charge me $125 because I was an "alien".

you should have offered to clean up the place......:lol:

Forum List

Back