Omfg!!!

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
My daughter's father waited 3 hours for an MRI. 3 HOURS!!. His 3rd in 2 months. Crappy Canadian health care system, he should have to wait 6 months or more like everyone else, just like the media says! :evil:

My daughter's father waited 3 hours for an MRI. 3 HOURS!!. His 3rd in 2 months. Crappy Canadian health care system, he should have to wait 6 months or more like everyone else, just like the media says! :evil:

I don't know anyone who's had to wait 6 months for an MRI. Sorry, your point failed.

I don't know anyone who's had to wait 6 months for an MRI. Sorry, your point failed.

That's what used to happen in Canada, and is sometimes thrown up for why America shouldn't have "socialized" medicine.

MRI? For what?

He had surgery on his lower back and there is some swelling around the incision area. I guess they just want to make sure it really isn't an alien growing inside of him.

My Mother had to wait at least 6 months. She has been jumping through hoops for nearly a year now. And yes, it is in Canada.

ahhh the kidlet had the gateway drug....milk and look at him now...i am not much for kids being in pain....why dont we give the little bugger a placebo...(get an intersting looking vitamin and tell the drugs sucking kidlet its a pain killer)

My Mother had to wait at least 6 months. She has been jumping through hoops for nearly a year now. And yes, it is in Canada.

Where does she live?

I have not known or heard of this, however I will say that the biggest problem I see here is lack of concern, like everyone is a hypochondriac. That is not an economic issue, or at least I don't think it is.

Last edited:
Some time ago I was hiking in Cape Breton on Nova Scotia when I stepped on a loose rock and broke my ankle.

I was in the hospital a good two hours while they X-rayed me, put me in a cast, and set me up with a pair of government supplied crutches.

And then the bastards had the gall to charge me $125 because I was an "alien".

Them east coasters are weird about aliens. $125 doesn't sound that expensive, though. My friends girlfriend is from Missouri and that's where she had their baby. Cost him 4k.

Them east coasters are weird about aliens. $125 doesn't sound that expensive, though. My friends girlfriend is from Missouri and that's where she had their baby. Cost him 4k.

I was being sarcastic about the $125. If I had the same job done here at home, it would have cost me thousands.

And of course, the insurance company would have denied the claim for some bullshit reason no doubt.

ahhh the kidlet had the gateway drug....milk and look at him now...i am not much for kids being in pain....why dont we give the little bugger a placebo...(get an intersting looking vitamin and tell the drugs sucking kidlet its a pain killer)

He saw a few vitamins in my hand that looked a little like his meds. Was he ever mad, thought I was pilfering his pills. His doctor is threatening to report him to the ministry of transport if he gets another one time script from the hospital. I don't know why docotrs hand these pills out like candy when they know people are addicted to them most of the time.

oxtoxi, any comments on that?

I was being sarcastic about the $125. If I had the same job done here at home, it would have cost me thousands.

And of course, the insurance company would have denied the claim for some bullshit reason no doubt.

Yeah, funny.

But seriously, did that really happen?

Yeah, funny.

But seriously, did that really happen?

Yes, it really happened.

Forum List

Back