Old tv sitcoms from the 60s … 70s… 80s which were your favorite

The following are my favorite shows from the 80's.

Full House (started in 1987)
Family Matters (started in 1989)
Perfect Strangers (started in 1984 I believe)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Old tv sitcoms from the 60s … 70s… 80s which were your favorite

By and large, all of them. Being able to remember them has a lot to do with it. That was the "TV watching" period of my life.
  • Petticoat Junction
  • All in the Family
  • The Jeffersons
  • Good Times
  • The Cosby Show
  • Faulty Towers
  • Bewitched
  • I Dream of Jeannie (or as my GF called it "Jeannie Dreams of Weenie" LOL)
  • Beverly Hillbillies
  • The Munsters
  • The Adams Family
  • Hogan's Heroes
  • Gilligan's Island
  • M*A*S*H
  • Get Smart
  • Mister Ed
  • Keeping Up Appearances
  • Are You Being Served
  • Benny Hill
  • Kids in the Hall (Was that the '80s?)
  • Hazel
  • The Flying Nun
  • Family Affair
  • Rowan and Martin Laugh In
  • The Monkees
  • Happy Days
  • Taxi
  • Soap
  • Mork and Mindy
  • Different Strokes
  • Moonlighting (esp. the Taming of the Shrew episode -- thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen on regular TV)
  • Dukes of Hazzard
  • Murphy Brown
  • Father Knows Best
  • Dynasty -- I and my friends thought it was hilarious, but it wasn't meant to be a sitcom.

The last television show I remember watching with any regularity was Dynasty. There used to be "Dynasty parties" every week. I seem to recall there being Simpsons parties too, but I went to those for the "social" value of party itself, or more precisely the "after party." I didn't watch the show much.

The '80s ended and with it my youth. I remember watching La Femme Nikita w/Peta Wilson. Other than that, I can say what networks I tune to and prefer, but to cite names of shows, I'd have to see a list of them to say what I liked.

Threes Company

Green Acres

Odd Couple

Bob Newhart

Rockford Files (not officially comedy)

One Day at a Time........and..Family Ties

Oldy......barely saw it. Doby Gillis

never saw Doby Gills but yeah loved all those you mentioned.plus my favorite martian that was mentioned as well. yeah rockford files doesnt count since it wasnt a comedy.

such a shame james garner had to die before his time.

Threes Company

Green Acres

Odd Couple

Bob Newhart

Rockford Files (not officially comedy)

One Day at a Time........and..Family Ties

Oldy......barely saw it. Doby Gillis

never saw Doby Gills but yeah loved all those you mentioned.plus my favorite martian that was mentioned as well. yeah rockford files doesnt count since it wasnt a comedy.

such a shame james garner had to die before his time.

Doby Gillis was interesting in how Doby would turn and talk to the audience and it had Maynard G Krebs (Bob Denver) as TVs interpretation about what Beat-nicks were like ...Work?

I used to watch it when I was a kid and saw an episode a few years ago. It's comedy did not age well

Last edited:
Finally someone remembered Soap, but People always forget Gary Shandlin.
Lucy, Odd Couple, Soap, Sanford and Son,
Hogan's Heroes, British Sitcom "Life and Times of Reginald Perrin", Taxi.

Ah...The Time Tunnel. And loved Star Trek even though the others were later, I loved those too and watch as I can on DVD, On Demand or Amazon Prime. I guess for an old lady I'm a Sci Fi junky. I even like some of the newer anime that has to do with outer space.

Ah...The Time Tunnel. And loved Star Trek even though the others were later, I loved those too and watch as I can on DVD, On Demand or Amazon Prime. I guess for an old lady I'm a Sci Fi junky. I even like some of the newer anime that has to do with outer space.

NOT Sitcoms

NOT Sitcoms
She was just referring & responding to my profile picture of the Time Tunnel.
Star Trek today could be sometimes classified as a space sitcom, Corny dialogue, acting, sets, and the time they went to a planet based on prohibition era Chicago mob behavior and speach was surely situational comedy.

NOT Sitcoms
Star Trek today could be sometimes classified as a space sitcom, Corny dialogue, acting, sets, and the time they went to a planet based on prohibition era Chicago mob behavior and speach was surely situational comedy.

Some Star Trek writing was better than others. Same can be said for Twilight Zone

As a rule, if a show from the 60s, 70s and 80s had a laugh track, it is probably a Sitcom

Free Hulu is also a good resource to find unique shows and movies in various genres and from viewers choices and ratings it helps find & recommend stuff from your preferences.

NOT Sitcoms

NOT Sitcoms
Sorry. That shows you how good my reading comprehension is. Mea Culpa. Should I delete?

speaking of chickens...

is

green acres is the place to be...
This one reminds me of Trump and Melania.

First show to have a married couple sleep in the same bed...

The Munsters
This one (Munsters) was probably my favorite and the funniest.

It was really a parody on Jewish families with pretty little Marilyn being the Jewish bait for all the Goy boys. But then when you get to her home the monsters come out of the woodwork.

Momma Munster trimming flowers was precious. She only left the thorns.

Forum List

Back