Legion (Fx show)

I like it so far. A show that spends a good amount of time from the perspective of a character with schizophrenia or perhaps multiple personality disorder (depending on how closely they plan to model him after the comics) makes sense to sometime be silly, sometimes dramatic, sometimes creepy or horrific. I think there is a very intentional jumping around of tone, and for the first few episodes it has been pulled off pretty well.

I like it so far. A show that spends a good amount of time from the perspective of a character with schizophrenia or perhaps multiple personality disorder (depending on how closely they plan to model him after the comics) makes sense to sometime be silly, sometimes dramatic, sometimes creepy or horrific. I think there is a very intentional jumping around of tone, and for the first few episodes it has been pulled off pretty well.

Funny I just watched Split today, and started watching Legion today. I'm about 25 minutes into the first episode of Legion. I also started binge watching Eastbound and Down yesterday. About the only show I watched lately that I didn't care for was Powerless.

Funny I just watched Split today, and started watching Legion today. I'm about 25 minutes into the first episode of Legion. I also started binge watching Eastbound and Down yesterday. About the only show I watched lately that I didn't care for was Powerless.

I've enjoyed Powerless so far. I like Danny Pudi from Community and Alan Tudyk from Firefly, and there has been funny parts of each of the first episodes. It's not amazing, but I think worth watching.

I haven't seen Split yet, but it's on my to-watch list. :)

Eastbound and Down is brilliant. I can totally understand why it'd turn some people off. But if you like Danny McBride at all, it is one of his best comedic works. :)

Eastbound and Down is brilliant. I can totally understand why it'd turn some people off. But if you like Danny McBride at all, it is one of his best comedic works. :)

Yeah I'm towards the end of season 2. It's amazing how long ago it was from.

What is this supposed to be about? Alien abductions ??

And why are they calling it by Lucifer's favorite name -- Legion ??

Some minor spoilers from the comic books that don't really have anything to do with the show yet:

David is the son of Professor X from X-Men who had an affair with a woman who never told him that she became pregnant. She had a son named David who goes by the code name Legion. Legion is an omega level mutant (one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful), but he's also a schizophrenic. I don't fully understand his powers, but his different personalities have different powers. He can also absorb new personalities and gain new powers that way. Some of his powers include telekinises, telepathy, teleportation, pyrokinises, reality bending, etc. He probably has hundreds if not thousands of powers, but I think the show is going to focus on a smaller number of those powers.

Some minor spoilers from the comic books that don't really have anything to do with the show yet:

David is the son of Professor X from X-Men who had an affair with a woman who never told him that she became pregnant. She had a son named David who goes by the code name Legion. Legion is an omega level mutant (one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful), but he's also a schizophrenic. I don't fully understand his powers, but his different personalities have different powers. He can also absorb new personalities and gain new powers that way. Some of his powers include telekinises, telepathy, teleportation, pyrokinises, reality bending, etc. He probably has hundreds if not thousands of powers, but I think the show is going to focus on a smaller number of those powers.
So this is yet another TV production movie all about Lucifer then ?!

Lucifer (his Latin name given him by St. Gerome) loves movies about himself.

So it is like "Beautiful Mind" except with teeth ... ?!

Yeah the most powerful mutant is Jean Grey when she is the Phoenix, but yes the show wants you to believe he "could be" the most powerful mutant.

So it is like "Beautiful Mind" except with teeth ... ?!
Similar in that Legion is said to be an unreliable narrator, so part of the fun is trying to figure out what did or didn't really happen. Who actually exists, and who is just in Legion's head. Etc.

Is anyone on this board watching this show? I didn't see any topics about it. I'm finally caught up after watching the 3 episodes that are out so far. So far, I love it. I hope they can pull it off. It's by the showrunner/creator of the Fargo TV show as well.

The lead character is annoying and the plot headache inducing.

Eastbound and Down....great show.....Kenny fucking Powers....lol.....

I just finished episode 7, which was pretty amazing. It was starting to get muddled, but episode 7 definitely answers a lot of questions. I still think Daredevil season 1 is better, but Legion isn't over yet. Let's see if they pull off some crazy twist at the end, or maybe season 2 will be the stand out season the way Fargo season 2 was.

I actually feel things are a bit less muddled now. They've identified the monster as the Shadow King, everyone now knows David is possessed by another consciousness.

This may not be on par with the Netflix shows, but it's still quite good.

Forum List

Back