Old tv sitcoms from the 60s … 70s… 80s which were your favorite

Threes Company

Green Acres

Odd Couple

Bob Newhart

Rockford Files (not officially comedy)

One Day at a Time........and..Family Ties

Oldy......barely saw it. Doby Gillis

never saw Doby Gills but yeah loved all those you mentioned.plus my favorite martian that was mentioned as well. yeah rockford files doesnt count since it wasnt a comedy.

such a shame james garner had to die before his time.
Everyone dies, whether now or 50 years from now.

(Brad Pitt, "Troy".)

I've watched some episodes from "Three's Company" :)
I like this sitcom and I want to watch all the episodes I can find on YouTube :biggrin:
This is the last one I saw :)

I would have guessed that you would have liked M*A*S*H more because it shows what clowns the Americans in Asia were.

:D

One of my favorites was Andy Griffith show with Andy and barney sitting on the front porch drinking bottle of soda or having a piece of apple pie.
The did not drink soda

They drank pop
When I lived on the east coast it was soda, the west coast its pop.

"Cosby Show" and "The Wonder Years" were a couple of my faves.
In Boston it's tonic.

In Chicago it's pop.

tonic? gin and tonic lol

I like this sitcom and I want to watch all the episodes I can find on YouTube :biggrin:

I would have guessed that you would have liked M*A*S*H more because it shows what clowns the Americans in Asia were.

Oh I've never heard about MASH! But know, thanks to you yiostheoy, I'm gonna watch one episode from MASH (if I can find out on YouTube or dailymotion) :D

Oh I've never heard about MASH! But know, thanks to you yiostheoy, I'm gonna watch one episode from MASH (if I can find out on YouTube or dailymotion) :D

MASH is about US Army clowns in the Medical Corps during the Korean War.

It is a comedy.

MASH is about US Army clowns in the Medical Corps during the Korean War.

It is a comedy.

It started out a comedy...

the last couple of season were political (anti-war)

First show to have a married couple sleep in the same bed...

The Munsters
This one (Munsters) was probably my favorite and the funniest.

It was really a parody on Jewish families with pretty little Marilyn being the Jewish bait for all the Goy boys. But then when you get to her home the monsters come out of the woodwork.

Momma Munster trimming flowers was precious. She only left the thorns.

Wasn't that Morticia Adams?

Ozzie and Harriet...my sister demanded we watch in case Ricky sang a song. And of course, Leave it to Beaver.....that was a caricature worthy of howling laughter in our blue-collar family. Although it wasn't a "sitcom", my favorite show was "The Untouchables" which came on at 11:30 at night in Detroit. I'd sneak out of bed and sit real close to the TV so nobody else would know I was up and watching on a school night. My Mom told me years later they all knew what I was doing but thought the show was good for me to find out what happened to criminals. What they didn't know was all my pals and I were identifying with the gangsters and making zip guns in our basements.
lol.gif

I wouldn't call them favorites but I remember two little gems from the 80's starring Dabney Coleman

"Buffalo Bill" and "The Slap Maxwell Story". Classic Dabney Coleman, if you've liked him in other stuff.

Forum List

Back