Okay media if you called for Roseanne's firing then Samantha Bee has to go

2 idiots called someone a bad name and the country now can't stop talking about it.

we really need better entertainment if all we have to do is micro-dissect the stupidity of 2 people as to which statement caused the greater harm to a country full of people who has this as their biggest issue to resolve today.

Thread reminded me of this old song -- the intro here, can't find it by itself...

I disagree with you on this one. Calling a woman a c*nt is very much a misogynist slur. I ought to know; I'm a woman and I know how it feels to get demeaned by referring to the one piece of my anatomy that all misogynists love to dwell on: my vagina. Because heaven knows that's pretty much all women are good for, a walking talking sex object.

That's why I qualified context. If somebody called a woman a **** based only on her gender, then of course. But the other meaning, as used here, is based on behaviour. It's common in British slang that way and doesn't need a female target at all. To quote Eric Idle, "what a silly bunt" (referring to himself).

We are not in Britain!

This just in --- we speak the same language.

I know right? Why doesn't anybody TELL us these things... :eusa_doh:

Besides which, there are those among us who are indeed in Britain. Or elsewhere where English is used. I'm not sure but I think there are one or two other countries where that same language thing applies as well.

You’ve spent way more hours than needed in justifying her sexism.

Hmmmmm

"Sexism" that you've had all day to somehow document, yet have come up with bupkis.

mmmmm hmmmm.

Burden of proof is on the ass-serter.

Are the women around you cvnts?

If one can't get away with it nobody should get away with it.
Amen to this. The problem is, those who have the authority to pull Samantha's plug may not have a problem with her choice of words which is why its up to the rest of us. If her show loses enough viewers, then the powers that be will have no other choice but to get rid of her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Days ago, Roseanne Barr tweeted what was taken as a racist statement/joke. She said Valerie Jarret was the offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes.

Okay Media. If You Called for Roseanne’s Firing, then Samantha Bee Has to Go.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's right most hypocrites don't get what is fair is fair. If one can't get away with it nobody should get away with it. Just another area where people are up to their heads in knee deep bs actions that keep happening. The people with right minds are SICK OF THE PC BS!!
If you look closely at what was said Samantha was far worse than Rosie...

The whole skit was an implication that Trump was a pedophile by Samantha B is disgusting as well as the implication that Ivanka was a whore who could control him through sex... The whole thing stinks and the left needs to F-OFF and those defending them are not worth my time as they are the scum of the earth.

This was a scripted and practiced presentation so it was much worse than anything Rosie said off the cuff...

ivanka-trump-slammed-missing-children-photo-759.jpg

Ivanka posted this picture knowing that children were being ripped from the arms of their mothers on our southern border. She knew what those women are going through and did it anyway. What other conclusion is there except she was mocking them?
This is who her family is. While we've known it for a long time, it seems they are really reveling in it in a way they weren't before.

And it's this woman and this behavior Republicans are protecting.
Where was the outrage when OBAMA WAS DOING IT FOR REAL? And today most families remain intact unless there is a crime involved.... but facts dont matter to you left wing drones...

Amen to this. The problem is, those who have the authority to pull Samantha's plug may not have a problem with her choice of words which is why its up to the rest of us. If her show loses enough viewers, then the powers that be will have no other choice but to get rid of her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I uh, don't think her viewers were offended. It's the robots who were ordered to be offended about a TV show they don't even watch that obediently make all the noise.

Here is an example of what we worry about and what the average 3rd worlder worries about.

Us: OMG a rich person called another rich person a bad name!

3rd worlder: My 4 year old weighs 20 lbs and has to eat bugs.

The whole skit was an implication that Trump was a pedophile by Samantha B is disgusting as well as the implication that Ivanka was a whore who could control him through sex... The whole thing stinks and the left needs to F-OFF and those defending them are not worth my time as they are the scum of the earth.

Funny I don't remember you chiming in when we all pointed this out over the last three years. What I do remember is a lot of bullshit rationalizing and denialism.

Days ago, Roseanne Barr tweeted what was taken as a racist statement/joke. She said Valerie Jarret was the offspring of the Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's right most hypocrites don't get what is fair is fair. If one can't get away with it nobody should get away with it. Just another area where people are up to their heads in knee deep bs actions that keep happening. The people with right minds are SICK OF THE PC BS!!

This was a scripted and practiced presentation so it was much worse than anything Rosie said off the cuff...

Amazing isn't it.

Amazing isn't it.

Amazingly, I don't recall you chiming in either.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I uh, don't think her viewers were offended. It's the robots who were ordered to be offended about a TV show they don't even watch that obediently make all the noise.
Whether people are ordered to be offended or just offended all on their own, if the show loses enough viewers, the show should then be a thing of the past.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Whether people are ordered to be offended or just offended all on their own, if the show loses enough viewers, the show should then be a thing of the past.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yep, that would be a business decision. But given the demographics I don't think the whiners in this topic are in any position to "stop" watching the show. If anything it probably increases her audience on the basis of "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

That's what Lush Rimjob was going for when he infamously went on a three-day tirade calling a college student "slut" -- trying to boost his sagging ratings. Controversy sells. Always has.

God bless you always!!!

Not really. It's a matter if the show loses enough sponsors, not viewers.

for instance, Crazy Mormon Glenn Beck still had pretty good ratings, but Fox fired him anyway because sponsors were bailing in droves.

The thing is, Sam Bee will keep her audience because most of her audience thinks Ivanka Trump is a Ceckless Funt, too.

But if the sponsors say, "No More', she's probably done.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yep, that would be a business decision. But given the demographics I don't think the whiners in this topic are in any position to "stop" watching the show. If anything it probably increases her audience on the basis of "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

That's what Lush Rimjob was going for when he infamously went on a three-day tirade calling a college student "slut" -- trying to boost his sagging ratings. Controversy sells. Always has.
If controversy sells, why was Roseanne's show given the boot? You can't get anymore controversial than her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If controversy sells, why was Roseanne's show given the boot? You can't get anymore controversial than her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You have a point. I think I already noted on your same point before, they could have milked it by writing it right into the show. They would have had a ton of viewers. I guess they're not that creative.

They should hire me. But I wouldn't take the job. :tongue:

^^^ No matter what it paid? Don't writers make good money?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No matter what it paid. Because some things are way more important than money. Like integrity.

Plus I have no idea why anyone would watch her in the first place. She presents like a heroin addict. So I'd have no idea where to take the show. :dunno:

Commercial TV is mental poison. I wouldn't work in it for any amount of money. I have to sleep at night.

Forum List

Back