OK, really, KFC?

Ha ha. Actually froggy, this Christmas we are going to AC to see an IMAX movie and dinner. Lots of Chinese people there on Christmas for some reason. We may eat at PF Chang's although Carmines Italian is my fav.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46WcFObgYhI[/ame]

I do not like fried chicken, at all. That's one of those foods that makes me gag just thinking about eating it.

But, I have eaten KFC. I've had their pot pie. It's not bad, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Anyway, I'm not surprised about this. There are plenty of single folks who have nothing to do for Christmas, so knowing that a fast food joint is open is helpful to them.

I do not like fried chicken, at all. That's one of those foods that makes me gag just thinking about eating it.

But, I have eaten KFC. I've had their pot pie. It's not bad, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Anyway, I'm not surprised about this. There are plenty of single folks who have nothing to do for Christmas, so knowing that a fast food joint is open is helpful to them.

They have Grilled Chicken.

I've not noticed the pot pie...but they have this, THIS thing....GAWD AWFUL...appears to be a cup of whatever they've cleaned off the floor that day.

Mashed Potato Bowl:puke3:

bowls_potato.jpg

a lot of people are basically clueless about home economics.

They eat junk food rather than cooking a nutrious (and probably cheaper, too)meals because that's all they know how to cook, and/or they don't have time to cook, and/or they're too lazy to cook.

I want to make a perfectly marinated rare beef loin with roasted vegges and couse-couse.

Simple yet extravagent.

Served with an expensive Cabernet.

IMHO, Foul, particularly Turkey, is the cheap and tawdry alternative, and there's hardly any difference between this and KFC

Last edited:

They have Grilled Chicken.

I've not noticed the pot pie...but they have this, THIS thing....GAWD AWFUL...appears to be a cup of whatever they've cleaned off the floor that day.

Mashed Potato Bowl:puke3:

bowls_potato.jpg
Oh, that's just wrong on so many levels.

I've never eaten KFC or Taco Bell. True story.

no fukin way!!!!!

well, I have never eaten taco bell..

Whaaay. We have one they put in along side a pizza place a few years back. The pizza place went belly up so they put in a Taco Bell. Gross and grosser. I did try Boston Market once. Meh, I'll pass. We have a Chik-fil-A. I've have that a few times, it's better than most, imo. Their lemonade is da bomb!

I want to make a perfectly marinated rare beef loin with roasted vegges and couse-couse.

Simple yet extravagent.

Served with an expensive Cabernet.

IMHO, Foul, particularly Turkey, is the cheap and tawdry alternative, and there's hardly any difference between this and KFC

Is there a difference between beef loin and filet mignon? We had filet for Christmas dinner for quite a few years when I was growing up. Only problem with that is . . . never any leftovers.

KFC is a joke but not everyone has a family than can make a home cooked meal for them, so at least the people that are alone have an option to go there, who wants to make a Christmas dinner alone in their apartment?

You couldn't pay me to eat KFC on any given night of the week, let alone for Christmas dinner.

:eusa_eh:

I figured you'd been paid to do worse.

:tongue:

You figured wrong there Samson. No one has yet to pay me to eat at Taco Bell. I'm with Zoom on this one. I haven't eaten at either restaurant in three of four years nor do I plan to start up again.

What are you having for Christmas dinner EZ?

Well, Christmas Eve we go to my brother's house for our family Christmas. My SIL makes vegetarian lasagna for my daughter and I, and of course all the sides.

On Christmas day it's just Mini EZ and I, so we just snack on appetizers all day, I make a bunch of stuff that we both love, and we hang out and watch movies and play games, and just pig out on all of our favorite foods all day long.

I've never eaten KFC or Taco Bell. True story.

no fukin way!!!!!

well, I have never eaten taco bell..

Whaaay. We have one they put in along side a pizza place a few years back. The pizza place went belly up so they put in a Taco Bell. Gross and grosser. I did try Boston Market once. Meh, I'll pass. We have a Chik-fil-A. I've have that a few times, it's better than most, imo. Their lemonade is da bomb!

Love that Chik-fil-A sandwich with just chicken and pickles. Very good.

Christmas Day is too hectic to spend making a big dinner, and the little people are too wound up to eat much anyway. But fast food? There is a healthy medium in there somewhere....the sandwich platter idea is the one I usually go with. And you can still use the good paper. ;)

Now that I'm cooking for one, I'm finding eating good meals is a bit of a pain in the ass.

First of all cooking for one is difficult to do as buying portions for one is nearly impossible.

And sure, one can freeze leftovers and extra portions, but it does add rather considerably to the home ec process.

As a consquence I'm eating dinners like olives, grapes and cheese, rye bread and hummas instead of cooking real meals.

And I'm finding that the only convenient way to buy for one is to buy processed (often frozen) foods.

Some of them are okay sometimes, but making a steady diet out of stuff coming out of a box or can or jar is not healthy in the long run. There's too much chemical crap (and often corn sugars) added to that stuff.

Plus it is more expensive than cooking food from scratch, too.

The upside to buring that stuff is that I don't end up throwing away food that I just cannot eat.

Last week I threw out about 5 pounds of turkey.

I just could not eat it fast enough and given that it was already a half turkey leftoever frozen from a few weeks before (when I cooked the whole turkey for a small gathering) this is not a very frugal use of my precious food dollars.

One bit of advice for ya'll..an old Czech saying (which I cannot say in Czech)

You can cheat your back but you cannot cheat your stomach.

Basically, that's the Czech peasant's way of saying:

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, NOT WHAT YOU WEAR.​

Now that I'm cooking for one, I'm finding eating good meals is a bit of a pain in the ass.

First of all cooking for one is difficult to do as buying portions for one is nearly impossible.

And sure, one can freeze leftovers and extra portions, but it does add rather considerably to the home ec process.

As a consquence I'm eating dinners like olives, grapes and cheese, rye bread and hummas instead of cooking real meals.

And I'm finding that the only convenient way to buy for one is to buy processed (often frozen) foods.

Some of them are okay sometimes, but making a steady diet out of stuff coming out of a box or can or jar is not healthy in the long run. There's too much chemical crap (and often corn sugars) added to that stuff.

Plus it is more expensive than cooking food from scratch, too.

The upside to buring that stuff is that I don't end up throwing away food that I just cannot eat.

Last week I threw out about 5 pounds of turkey.

I just could not eat it fast enough and given that it was already a half turkey leftoever frozen from a few weeks before (when I cooked the whole turkey for a small gathering) this is not a very frugal use of my precious food dollars.

One bit of advice for ya'll..an old Czech saying (which I cannot say in Czech)

You can cheat your back but you cannot cheat your stomach.

Basically, that's the Czech peasant's way of saying:

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, NOT WHAT YOU WEAR.​

Buy in bulk, wrap individually before freezing.

There are a lot of good meals that can be made in quantity and frozen in portions, I do that a lot. Then when we're short on time, voila! Open the freezer and I have homemade tv dinners. Which is a lot better and cheaper than buying it prepared.

There are a lot of good meals that can be made in quantity and frozen in portions, I do that a lot. Then when we're short on time, voila! Open the freezer and I have homemade tv dinners. Which is a lot better and cheaper than buying it prepared.

Plus you know who's preparing it.

Forum List

Back