OK, really, KFC?

Anyone that considers turkey "tawdry" has apparently never had one deep fried.

Deep frying is the definition of Tawdry Food.

You could deep fry a turd and someone would call it haute cuisine.

It's merlot swilling snobs like yourself who would do themselves well to swill a beer and chew on a drumstick.

I'm good with a little slumming.

But I ain't callin' Paris Hilton the Queen of England.

Biker, if you're ever in Memphis, or Nashville, eat at Neely's BBQ. First you'll shit yourself, thank you'll thank the Buddha's , then you'll eat more than you've ever eaten in you life. It makes Rendevouz taste like an okay BBQ joint, and that aint easy.

Biker, if you're ever in Memphis, or Nashville, eat at Neely's BBQ. First you'll shit yourself, thank you'll thank the Buddha's , then you'll eat more than you've ever eaten in you life. It makes Rendevouz taste like an okay BBQ joint, and that aint easy.

BBQ Turkey?

Chicken?

Why the fuck would anyone that wasn't under the influance post about BBQ in TN in a thread about KFC that has moved into turkey?

I haven't read all the posts, so if the following has already been asked just deal with it :lol:.

Why is KFCs chicken gravy brown? That just ain't right.

I'm on a low cholesterol diet, the Mrs has been put on a low protein diet. But we will have a spiral honey glazed ham for Christmas with sweet potatoes and all the trimmings. KFC my ass.

We're having fillet Mignon and baked potatoes. Hey, it's Christmas and I've been sick, I want something easy to cook.

Know what one of my happiest memories of the Navy is? The food. I've eaten local cuisine in 26 different countries and 49 different states.

Was stationed in Millington TN from 89 to 93. Yeah.........even got to work security on Beale St. during Memphis in May (best time for sampling ALL sorts of barbecue in my opinion), and yeah........been on Mud Island during the competition.

Gotta say Huggy, when you're right, you're right!

I want to make a perfectly marinated rare beef loin with roasted vegges and couse-couse.

Simple yet extravagent.

Served with an expensive Cabernet.

IMHO, Foul, particularly Turkey, is the cheap and tawdry alternative, and there's hardly any difference between this and KFC

Tawdry?!?

:wtf:

I'll be cooking two 18 pound birds on the bar-b-q grills and Miss Linda will bring a 28 pounder hot from her oven. Another friend will supply a ham.... wine, nogg, sides and fixin's will be guest pot-luck and plenty. Maybe a little bit red neck, but never tawdry.

Trust me, I've done them before... my turkeys will be awesome and only surpassed in flavor by Miss Lindas, but she's a grandma.

Enjoy your beef my brother... variety is just one of the things that ROCKS about living in 21st Century America.

Merry Christmas!

By "Tawdry" I mean that per pound, turkey is cheap AND that in the cooking is often "dressed up" with injections, brined, smoked, fried, and treated with all sorts of artificial nuances to artificially enhance it desireability.

It is my sincere hope that you enjoy yours on an Elvis TV tray, atop the redwood deck of your doublewide with a finely brewed Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Which is nothing like 'perfectly marinated...'

:lol:

edit: For the record, it'll be naked, atop the composite deck, in front of our motor-home, celebrating with Grey Goose, LandShark and some white wine with a funny name that AVG-MJ and her friends like. Love that FL lifestyle. :D

Last edited:
Anyone that considers turkey "tawdry" has apparently never had one deep fried.

Deep frying is the definition of Tawdry Food.

You could deep fry a turd and someone would call it haute cuisine.

It's merlot swilling snobs like yourself who would do themselves well to swill a beer and chew on a drumstick.

Average saying: Closed mindedness when it comes to food and beverages, while perfectly within the right of every American, leaves more for me :D

My mom never liked making gravy. So every year for Thanksgiving she'd either send one of us or go herself to get gravy from KFC... in fact, my wife doesn't like making gravy and we have pulled that one a time or two as well.

Immie

BBQ Turkey?

Chicken?

Why the fuck would anyone that wasn't under the influance post about BBQ in TN in a thread about KFC that has moved into turkey?

:lol:

The Mean Old USMB Software said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Samson again.

Bummer!

:popcorn:

Forum List

Back