OK, really, KFC?

You couldn't pay me to eat KFC on any given night of the week, let alone for Christmas dinner.

Not even like a billion million dollars?!?!

:eusa_think: You must be from out of town..... EVERY American has their price, it's in the birth-right contract. That's why there's so many rep whores haunting USMB.

I do not like fried chicken, at all. That's one of those foods that makes me gag just thinking about eating it.

But, I have eaten KFC. I've had their pot pie. It's not bad, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Anyway, I'm not surprised about this. There are plenty of single folks who have nothing to do for Christmas, so knowing that a fast food joint is open is helpful to them.

Interesting song - Contemporary Christian genera. Life truly is a musical.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B44OQqik4t4[/ame]

I want to make a perfectly marinated rare beef loin with roasted vegges and couse-couse.

Simple yet extravagent.

Served with an expensive Cabernet.

IMHO, Foul, particularly Turkey, is the cheap and tawdry alternative, and there's hardly any difference between this and KFC

Tawdry?!?

:wtf:

I'll be cooking two 18 pound birds on the bar-b-q grills and Miss Linda will bring a 28 pounder hot from her oven. Another friend will supply a ham.... wine, nogg, sides and fixin's will be guest pot-luck and plenty. Maybe a little bit red neck, but never tawdry.

Trust me, I've done them before... my turkeys will be awesome and only surpassed in flavor by Miss Lindas, but she's a grandma.

Enjoy your beef my brother... variety is just one of the things that ROCKS about living in 21st Century America.

Merry Christmas!

Last time I ate Popeyes I got nauseous from all the oil. True story.

Try Churchs Chicken, won't go wrong.

Popeyes is my fav.... but Churchs has great gizzards though.

Jethro, is that you?

JethroBodine.jpg

"Granny's fixing to make me some viddles, gizzards and possum, one-knot yum!"

You couldn't pay me to eat KFC on any given night of the week, let alone for Christmas dinner.

:eusa_think: You must be from out of town..... EVERY American has their price, it's in the birth-right contract. That's why there's so many rep whores haunting USMB.

See Joe, that's the problem with blanket statements, because there are always people like me who are the exception.

I can't be bought. Period.

However, I can be rented for a bit.

Actually, favorite fast food walk in or carry out?

Rudy's Barbeque, hands down. Some of the best beans, 3 bean salad, brisket, ribs and jalapeno sausage you've ever eaten.

And, if you do carry out, you're in and out of there in no more than 10 minutes. If you feel like it though, there are also places to sit and eat at as well.

Matter of fact, that's what I had for this weekend.

You have Rudy's in Amarillo?

Rudy's Barbeque, hands down. Some of the best beans, 3 bean salad, brisket, ribs and jalapeno sausage you've ever eaten.

And, if you do carry out, you're in and out of there in no more than 10 minutes. If you feel like it though, there are also places to sit and eat at as well.

Yep. And when I do something really good, my roomie thanks me by bring home Rudy's brisket (for both of us) ribs (she likes them the best) and jalapeno sausage (all for me).

Sides include their beans (they're nice and spicy), 3 bean salad (we both like it), potato salad (her favorite), and some bread for me.

Matter of fact, didn't know squat about 'em until they showed up a year or so back. Probably the best barbecue that I've ever had outside of making it myself.

And........if you want some of the best burritos you've ever had, check out Sharkey's on Georgia and I-40. They have several different fillings as well as several different kinds of tortillas (flour, whole wheat and cheese bread). You tell 'em what you want (kinda like Subway) and they fix and roll it up. You can be in and out in 5 minutes, and that's even with a small line. And, if you do, always as for the "bigger" kind (twice the meat).

Matter of fact, you can feed 2 people for less than 20 bucks!

Yep. And when I do something really good, my roomie thanks me by bring home Rudy's brisket (for both of us) ribs (she likes them the best) and jalapeno sausage (all for me).

Sides include their beans (they're nice and spicy), 3 bean salad (we both like it), potato salad (her favorite), and some bread for me.

Matter of fact, didn't know squat about 'em until they showed up a year or so back. Probably the best barbecue that I've ever had outside of making it myself.

And........if you want some of the best burritos you've ever had, check out Sharkey's on Georgia and I-40. They have several different fillings as well as several different kinds of tortillas (flour, whole wheat and cheese bread). You tell 'em what you want (kinda like Subway) and they fix and roll it up. You can be in and out in 5 minutes, and that's even with a small line. And, if you do, always as for the "bigger" kind (twice the meat).

Matter of fact, you can feed 2 people for less than 20 bucks!

I had no idea...

We have two here in Albuquerque. Not bad, but not the best BBQ I've ever had... Well, the best I've had in Albuquerque, so far...

The stores here are so Lobo-centric I just assumed they were a small local deal. You learn something new everyday...

Last edited:

See Joe, that's the problem with blanket statements, because there are always people like me who are the exception.

I can't be bought. Period.

However, I can be rented for a bit.

:lol:

The Mean Old USMB Software said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ABikerSailor again.

Bummer!

:popcorn:

I want to make a perfectly marinated rare beef loin with roasted vegges and couse-couse.

Simple yet extravagent.

Served with an expensive Cabernet.

IMHO, Foul, particularly Turkey, is the cheap and tawdry alternative, and there's hardly any difference between this and KFC

Tawdry?!?

:wtf:

I'll be cooking two 18 pound birds on the bar-b-q grills and Miss Linda will bring a 28 pounder hot from her oven. Another friend will supply a ham.... wine, nogg, sides and fixin's will be guest pot-luck and plenty. Maybe a little bit red neck, but never tawdry.

Trust me, I've done them before... my turkeys will be awesome and only surpassed in flavor by Miss Lindas, but she's a grandma.

Enjoy your beef my brother... variety is just one of the things that ROCKS about living in 21st Century America.

Merry Christmas!

By "Tawdry" I mean that per pound, turkey is cheap AND that in the cooking is often "dressed up" with injections, brined, smoked, fried, and treated with all sorts of artificial nuances to artificially enhance it desireability.

It is my sincere hope that you enjoy yours on an Elvis TV tray, atop the redwood deck of your doublewide with a finely brewed Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Forum List

Back