OK, I'll admit it. Maybe I've been too hard on Republicans.

Repubs got us out of the Vietnam war.

That was within the last 20 years? Really? I must have done worse than I thought in high school.

No, but like most derpy thread fails, she ignores the very real contributions that Repubs have made. As clearly you do too. Which makes your arguments weak for anything else.

Bwah? I'm in agreement that these are essentially Republican successes. But they aren't answering what the thread asked for. But let's say I was ignoring them somehow, how would that reduce the strength of arguments in other contexts?

(I wonder if it would help to comment here that you seem to have a very inaccurate view of my politics. Would it help if I told you that I volunteered for the campaign for one of the first gay Republicans to run for congress?)

Yeah, they are. Derpy is an extremist. According to derpy, no Repub has ever done anything positive. That is a such a myopic, and wrongheaded, view of the world that derpy has relegated him/herself into irrelevance. Anyone who holds to those same thoughts is likewise not a credible observer of the American Political system.

Democrats and Republicans, have made, and will continue to make positive impacts on the lives of Americans. To claim that one side is somehow better than the other flies in the face of actual facts.

I'm a lifelong liberal Democrat. But, I recognize that members of my party, Hillary for example, doesn't give a damn about the people of the US. She is every bit as evil as the Koch brothers. That's the difference between derpy, and any other thinking person. We think. Derpy doesn't.

Both ignorant and a liar. If you were a Democrat, you would know the Clinton Foundation is known all over the world and with good reason. Go try to found out why. It was Hillary that tried to bring health care to millions of Americans. A feat that Obama accomplished and Republicans try to block, still.

The GOP is 90% white. Of course they care nothing for anyone not white, straight or religious.

Democrats are everyone else. There may be a few conservatives in the Democratic Party, but a coalition that large has all kinds of people. Even good ones. And you are no Democrat. Too fucking stupid.

Yes, it is now known as a Foundation for the betterment of the Clinton's. 6% of the donated money has gone to the charities it was supposed to support. 6%!

Hillary tried to screw over the public back then yes. Obama succeeded. I know NO ONE who has benefited from Obama care. Not one person. Everyone is paying more for their coverage than before. His claim was that we would pay less. The coverage that you can get from the government SUCKS! There is ONE dentist in northern Nevada who will accept Obama care. One.

I am a Democrat, I don't know what the hell you are though.

That was within the last 20 years? Really? I must have done worse than I thought in high school.

No, but like most derpy thread fails, she ignores the very real contributions that Repubs have made. As clearly you do too. Which makes your arguments weak for anything else.

Bwah? I'm in agreement that these are essentially Republican successes. But they aren't answering what the thread asked for. But let's say I was ignoring them somehow, how would that reduce the strength of arguments in other contexts?

(I wonder if it would help to comment here that you seem to have a very inaccurate view of my politics. Would it help if I told you that I volunteered for the campaign for one of the first gay Republicans to run for congress?)
Cuz that helped the majority of Americans?

Openly Gay Romney Aide Resigns Amid Furor From Social Conservatives

Repubs built the Interstate system.
Yea, about 60 years ago. They also created NASA. Then, in the 60's, blacks joined the Democratic Party and all the racist conservatives fled and joined the GOP. The liberals left and joined the Democratic Party. Which is why Republicans are 90% white and anti science and education.

None of which is true, but hey, knock yourself out with your ignorant, bigoted meme's. You and guano are two peas in a pod.

Be careful about using the word "majority" Deano. Democrats hate that word. Remember when democrats won the majority halfway into Bush's last term? What was the first thing on their agenda? Was it the economy or foreign policy? Nope, the democrat majority in the senate tackled the crucial issue of "steroid use in baseball" and finally managed to indict a single Hall of Fame pitcher. The economy was running pretty smooth and when Barney Frank became chairman of the House banking committee which had oversight responsibility for Fannie Mae he told us that Fannie was doing fine when it was apparently on the verge of collapse. Was he just another stupid democrat in over his head or was the collapse of Fannie Mae a dirty trick by democrats? We will never know because the liberal media managed to blame it on Bush and Barney retired to wedded bliss with his new husband.
Because Fannie Mae was ruined only a week after Barney Frank became chairman? Even you can't possibly believe such stupidity.

Repubs built the Interstate system.
Yea, about 60 years ago. They also created NASA. Then, in the 60's, blacks joined the Democratic Party and all the racist conservatives fled and joined the GOP. The liberals left and joined the Democratic Party. Which is why Republicans are 90% white and anti science and education.

None of which is true, but hey, knock yourself out with your ignorant, bigoted meme's. You and guano are two peas in a pod.

How did the Republicans go from party of the blacks to party of the whites - Quora

(CAUTION!! OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM THE LEADER OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IN THE DECADE OF THE 1990'S)

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?
Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."

(the starred words start with "n" and end with "igger". popular language among Republicans)

However, there is no debate that white racists in the South have been a monolithic block of political power since the foundation of our country, pandering to the racist proclivities has historically yielded political dividends, and Republicans have made the most overt attempts at mobilizing this group of voters since 1964.

-----------------------------

And what is it you think happened in 1964. I'm in my 60's. That's all stuff that happened during my lifetime. Not some ancient history. I remember exactly what happened. But you? You seen way too ignorant. You need to go do some crucial reading. Seriously.

Balanced the budget

Changed welfare as we know it

Kept the country on track after 9/11

Reduced taxes

Kept our military strong

Tried to reform education

Protected us from terrorism

Addressed aids in Africa

Made the world a safer place

Changed the lives of women in Afghanistan and Iraq

Balanced the budgets and changed most of the state houses from democratic control to,republican control. (Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, Indiana)

Broke the monopoly of union mandated dues payments.

Implemented the doctor fix for low income people

Passed a law to protect women from human trafficking

Fought back against obamas unconstitutional executive actions
You know you are going to have a really, really hard time finding links to any of those assertions, right. But let's go ahead and debunk a few, shall we?:

Welfare reform. Check out who it helped, who it hurt and which part belonged to who:

1996 Welfare Reform Facts

Kept the country on track after 9/11

What the fuck do you call Iraq????????????????????????????????/

Reduced taxes

While creating the biggest debt in US history and ruining the economy.

Kept our military strong

Depleted out military wasting lives and resources in Iraq. Duh!

Protected us from terrorism

Bull fucking shit. See 9/11. What is wrong with you?????

Addressed aids in Africa

First, Africa is not America. Worse, GOP polices probably created more cases than helped. Try to figure out why. If you can't, ask, I'll explain it to you.

Made the world a safer place

Are you serious. Half the world is in turmoil because of what Bush and the GOP did. Many other countries see us as the world's biggest threat.

Changed the lives of women in Afghanistan and Iraq

Women suffering from worst violence in history of modern Iraq

Balanced the budgets and changed most of the state houses from democratic control to,republican control. (Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, Indiana)

Oh man, don't even get me started
Walker to defer debt payments to address Wis. budget deficit TheHill
Walker cut hundreds of millions from rich people's taxes and 300,000,000 from education. He has been a disaster for Wisconsin. Check out the other states you mentioned.

That's the problem when someone ignorant posts bullshit. I go look up facts and they look like stupid brainwashed drones.

Yeah, they are. Derpy is an extremist. According to derpy, no Repub has ever done anything positive. That is a such a myopic, and wrongheaded, view of the world that derpy has relegated him/herself into irrelevance. Anyone who holds to those same thoughts is likewise not a credible observer of the American Political system.

Democrats and Republicans, have made, and will continue to make positive impacts on the lives of Americans. To claim that one side is somehow better than the other flies in the face of actual facts.

I'm a lifelong liberal Democrat. But, I recognize that members of my party, Hillary for example, doesn't give a damn about the people of the US. She is every bit as evil as the Koch brothers. That's the difference between derpy, and any other thinking person. We think. Derpy doesn't.

Both ignorant and a liar. If you were a Democrat, you would know the Clinton Foundation is known all over the world and with good reason. Go try to found out why. It was Hillary that tried to bring health care to millions of Americans. A feat that Obama accomplished and Republicans try to block, still.

The GOP is 90% white. Of course they care nothing for anyone not white, straight or religious.

Democrats are everyone else. There may be a few conservatives in the Democratic Party, but a coalition that large has all kinds of people. Even good ones. And you are no Democrat. Too fucking stupid.

You're anger and hatred is noted.

Hatred. Hate is what Republicans feel for gays, women's rights, Muslims, atheists and so on.

But I am angry at ignorance. Especially when people can simply go look stuff up but won't. Because they hate the truth.

Hatred. Hate is what Republicans feel for gays, women's rights, Muslims, atheists and so on.

But I am angry at ignorance. Especially when people can simply go look stuff up but won't. Because they hate the truth.

You are also a liar apparently, or perhaps its a neurological problem seek medical attention.

Umm school desegregation...
Everything you named was when the GOP was filled with liberals the Democrats were the Dixiecrats. Seriously, today's Republicans believe in desegregation? You must have been choking when you typed that out.

Let's go ahead and put together a list of the 10 best things they have done for the majority of Americans in the last 20 years:

If we're not supposed to fat shame, slut shame, or make fun of the mentally ill, seems consistent we shouldn't make fun of Republicans.

Although, in the case of Republicans, they did CHOOSE that lifestyle. :)

Republican Scandal Dies As Hillary Clinton Reveals University Speaking Fees Donated to Charity

Another Republican scandal has been blown to tiny bits as Hillary Clinton has confirmed that all of her speaking fees from universities are donated to charity.

Former Sec. Clinton told ABC News that her speaking fees from universities get donated to the Clinton Foundation, “All of the fees have been donated to the Clinton Foundation for it to continue its life-changing and life-saving work. So it goes from a foundation at a university to another foundation.”

The last point the Mrs. Clinton made was an important one. She is not accepting money from a university’s general fund, which comes from student tuitions. University foundations are funded by donations from alumni and others. The whole idea that Republicans have been pushing is that Hillary Clinton was accepting six-figure speaking fees while students are being crushed under rising tuition costs and student loan debt.

Rush Limbaugh says Clinton Foundation spends just 15 percent on charity 85 percent on overhead PunditFact

As we noted earlier, many foundations carry out charitable works by giving money to other organizations that, in turn, do the ground-level charity work, whereas the Clinton foundation’s charitable works are mostly done by people on the foundation’s payroll. "We are an implementing organization rather than a grantmaking organization," said the foundation’s Minassian. That’s why the Clinton Foundation’s 990s show a relatively small amount of money categorized as "grants" -- only about 10 percent of all expenses in 2013.

The foundation says its own employees are doing its charitable work. The annual report -- which, remember, includes both the Clinton Foundation and the Clinton Health Access Initiative -- says that 7 percent of expenditures were spent on "management and expenses" and 4.5 percent for "fundraising." (The numbers on the 990s for the two entities are in the same ballpark.)

Add those two percentages together and you get almost 12 percent; subtract that from 100 percent and you get the magic 88 percent figure the foundation cited.

An independent academic CPA who specializes in nonprofit foundation finances said Limbaugh’s error was in assuming that all spending beyond grants amounted to wasteful overhead.

Let's go ahead and put together a list of the 10 best things they have done for the majority of Americans in the last 20 years:

If we're not supposed to fat shame, slut shame, or make fun of the mentally ill, seems consistent we shouldn't make fun of Republicans.

Yea, but then they come up with things the party did before the middle 60's when the GOP was filled with liberals and blacks. Worse, they insist the GOP has always been a confederate conservative party, EVEN WHEN THEY FREED THE SLAVES!

Yea, but then they come up with things the party did before the middle 60's when the GOP was filled with liberals and blacks. Worse, they insist the GOP has always been a confederate conservative party, EVEN WHEN THEY FREED THE SLAVES!

Both parties reversed their position platforms way back. Can see it presented in various period-movies and tv shows with Democrats being like Republicans are now, and vice-versa.

It generally is unproductive to use as an operating premise that people you disagree with hate the truth or are incorrigibly evil. It can feel really good but it really doesn't do a good job either modeling them (if you want to beat someone at all you need to predict them), or convincing them that they are wrong, or convincing bystanders, or even finding out on occasion that one is wrong. In that context you should note that you can find nearly identical rhetoric to yours by self-identified Republicans and conservatives on this board saying it about liberals/progressives and Democrats. That should worry you.

It generally is unproductive to use as an operating premise that people you disagree with hate the truth or are incorrigibly evil. It can feel really good but it really doesn't do a good job either modeling them (if you want to beat someone at all you need to predict them), or convincing them that they are wrong, or convincing bystanders, or even finding out on occasion that one is wrong. In that context you should note that you can find nearly identical rhetoric to yours by self-identified Republicans and conservatives on this board saying it about liberals/progressives and Democrats. That should worry you.
Examples of stuff made up about Republicans by Democrats more often than not turn out to be true.

Examples of stuff made up about Democrats by Republicans, more often than not, turns out to be a lie.

It's not like we can't prove it.

Examples of stuff made up about Republicans by Democrats more often than not turn out to be true.

Examples of stuff made up about Democrats by Republicans, more often than not, turns out to be a lie.

Really? This sounds like a healthy dose of tribal cheering with a bit of confirmation bias.

Really? This sounds like a healthy dose of tribal cheering with a bit of confirmation bias.
When one party is 90% white and the other party is everyone else, there will always be a partisan divide.

When one party is 90% white and the other party is everyone else, there will always be a partisan divide.

Um what? You are justifying your own irrational partisanship based on the make up of the parties? How is that at all productive?

Forum List

Back