Ok, if it's not heredity...

I can't explain it, no more than you can explain credibly that God exists.

Well why didn't you say so?

After all this back and forth we finally get to the bottom of it. Your entire position rests not on logic, not on reason, but on faith...

2rofll.gif

I know you are but what am I? :rofl:

That's what this discussion has been reduced to there Ravgun since you've already admitted that you haven't got shit, but you still insist on getting in the last word. :lol:

I know you are but what am I? :rofl:

That's what this discussion has been reduced to there Ravgun since you've already admitted that you haven't got shit, but you still insist on getting in the last word. :lol:
I'll give it one last try.

You have some empirical data that shows test scores among different ethnic groups show that some ethnic groups test lower than others. You believe this means that some ethnic groups aren't as intelligent as other ethnic groups, even though there are other factors that come into play.

The empirical data doesn't show the reason some groups score lower than others, just that they do. Therefore, you are committing a logical fallacy and Jebus that means the roid was right about you.

:lol:

Bwahahahahahahaha!

We stopped talking about data several pages ago.

I couldn't even get you to agree that race is linked to heredity and heredity influences intelligence.

I think that there are characteristics in all humans that don't depend on ethnic background. For instance, having two legs and walking upright, having emotions, having
opposable thumbs. Intelligence is one of these shared human characteristics.
No, I can see that intelligence probably has a genetic factor...if your parents and grandparents are intelligent you have a much greater likelihood of being intelligent. But that has nothing to do with race.
Skin color is heritable across generations. So is intelligence, probably. But that doesn't mean that one racial group is stupider than another...though it may mean one family branch of a particular racial group is stupider than another. But that could happen in any ethnic population.
Race may determine part of who you are, but it doesn't determine intelligence. It also doesn't determine musical aptitude or the ability of knowing when to make that pass to the end zone, or sexual orientation, or countless other things.
There are a few for you.

Sure. Race is a heritable trait. So is intelligence, in all probability. But that doesn't mean that some races are more or less intelligent than others...

Sure. Race is a heritable trait. So is intelligence, in all probability. But that doesn't mean that some races are more or less intelligent than others...

Right it doesn't mean that necessarily. But why is it unreasonable to conclude some races might be more intelligent on average than others as a result of this heritability?

Right it doesn't mean that necessarily. But why is it unreasonable to conclude some races might be more intelligent on average than others as a result of this heritability?

The thing is intelligence is not inherent to ones race, that's the point. You can conclude that some races might have measured with superior intelligence at some point in time, on some sort of test, but you can't say that those differences are a result of their race.

Because it is a non-proven conclusion. Because intelligence is a trait our entire species shares. It'd be like saying race determines gender.

But if you can find some concrete evidence feel free to post it.

Forum List

Back