Oil headed for $120/bbl. Obama wants to buy more from foerigners

Jiggs, where is the Peak Oil theory you base your claims on, all I see is you read propaganda and thus present propaganda as proof of a theory you have not seen.

It's clear you're just stuck on stupid. Or you're faking ignorance to stall from having to actually acknowledge something that's presented almost every time I post on the subject.

How can you not get it, at this point, and still attempt to run your mouth on the topic day after day? Everyone else gets it, why are you feigning ignorance?

Anyhow, here's a good summation of what peak refers to, dumbass.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/143346-b-oil-gusher-in-california-b.html#post3034843

In fact, douche, you posted IN the thread itself. Yeah, I'll say you're faking it. Or you just don't read well.

Old Rocks posted a fine link right below that one that sums up peak oil. Perhaps you missed that also.

Peak oil primer and links | Energy Bulletin

Jiggs you got me, I admit defeat, you made the point clearly. The best Jiggs can support Peak Oil theory is to quote a link from Old Crock.

Jiggs is now the smartest person here, a great example of using intelligence and common sense to prove a point.

Jiggs, where is the Peak Oil theory you base your claims on, all I see is you read propaganda and thus present propaganda as proof of a theory you have not seen.

It's clear you're just stuck on stupid. Or you're faking ignorance to stall from having to actually acknowledge something that's presented almost every time I post on the subject.

How can you not get it, at this point, and still attempt to run your mouth on the topic day after day? Everyone else gets it, why are you feigning ignorance?

Anyhow, here's a good summation of what peak refers to, dumbass.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/143346-b-oil-gusher-in-california-b.html#post3034843

In fact, douche, you posted IN the thread itself. Yeah, I'll say you're faking it. Or you just don't read well.

Old Rocks posted a fine link right below that one that sums up peak oil. Perhaps you missed that also.

Peak oil primer and links | Energy Bulletin

Jiggs you got me, I admit defeat, you made the point clearly. The best Jiggs can support Peak Oil theory is to quote a link from Old Crock.

Jiggs is now the smartest person here, a great example of using intelligence and common sense to prove a point.

:eusa_whistle:

***waits for the sarcasm to pass over Jigg's Pointed Head***

I suppose trying to insert your absurd conspiracy theories outside the nutcase conspiracy forum forum gives you some sense of relevance.

Way to spin it, douche. ... when, in fact, it's your camp that is maintaining the only only "conspiracy" theory when it comes to our energy crisis, pretending it's OPEC, or Big Oil or liberal lawmakers "holding us down." :lol:

Tell me, jackass, what is the "conspiracy" you are alluding to when faking my position on the matter? How have I asserted a "conspiracy" in acknowledging basic geology? This should be good. Think real hard on this one, because it's become apparent you've backed yourself into a corner, and only realize it now.

Check ... and mate.

You're quite deluded if you think you offer anything but comic relief.:lol:

So then all those men are lying? You've yet to ball-up and explain how. Just more arrogant smarm.

But do continue: How exactly does Peak Oil, "explain the housing/lending bubble?"

Well, simpleton, I'll make it easy for your limited mind:

Lending is based on the assumption of more tomorrow. When that assumption can no longer be maintained, because the age of growth is showing signs of finally being over, all those investment banks realize they are holding on to bad debt.

Energy is the ability to do work. Money only represents that ability. Oil controls EVERYTHING. Period.

Here's a short summation by Oxford Phd. and former BP chief geologist Colin Campbell, which you'll ignore because you're an ass, ... but which sums it up rather succinctly for anyone looking on:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDNMjV6sumQ[/ame]

But do continue: How exactly does Peak Oil, "explain the housing/lending bubble?"

Lending is based on the assumption of more tomorrow. When that assumption can no longer be maintained, because the age of growth is showing signs of finally being over, all those investment banks realize they are holding on to bad debt.

Energy is the ability to do work. Money only represents that ability. Oil controls EVERYTHING. Period.

Shouldn't we be factoring Alien Abduction and the Aztec Calendar into this, somehow?

:lol::lol::lol:

Idiot.

I know I made the point clearly. About 150 posts ago, and several times since. It's just that you're too intellectually dishonest (or plain stupid) to wrap your head around the concept and prefer to feign perpetual confusion.

Well no. Not the smartest. Just, perhaps, the most honest with himself, and able to recognize the data and not rationalize it all away based on nothing more than hope.

When oil hit $145 in the summer of 2008, I was right about the financial crash that would most certainly follow. Not because I'm smarter, but because every oil crisis in modern history has resulted in a recession... And they will get worse. There is no honest recovery in sight, and you're lying if you insist there is. U.S. states teeter on the brink of insolvency, and European nations already are. Russia is conjuring up reasons to renegotiate terms for heating Europe with their gas, and Europeans are freezing to death. Here in the U.S., there is ZERO optimism for job growth. Municipal budgets are stretched to the breaking point. Am I wrong here? Wait, I'll continue... Gas and food prices keep creeping back up, and should spike again by next summer. Wages are largely frozen.

What do you think $4 gas will mean this time around for a nation with 15-17% REAL unemployment, and a commercial real estate market set to bottom out?

Christ, look at the signs all over the world.... Do you think Alberta's Tar Sands is gonna save us all? If there was plenty of 30:1 and 50:1 oil to be had, why would we be desperately trying to expand a heavy thick oil industry that returns a mere 2:1 on investment? Why would we occupy sovereign nations with untapped (but still limited) oil reserves for 9 years at enormous cost? And why on God's green earth would we drill to deadly new depths under our own seas for piddly little kiddie pools of 50 million barrels, scraping safety protocol in the process? ... I'll tell you why: We are desperate to keep feeding the beast.

Do you geniuses think the systemic global financial meltdown is merely the result of the U.S. mortgage crisis and "liberal" lending practices here at home? ... Capitalism requires the illusion of endless growth. When that illusion can no longer be lubricated, the engine burns hot until the gears grind down. That IS what's happening today. And the only thing that saved our ass was the desperate ploy to print more money. ... Well, that and the $500-600 billion in drug cash our corporate banks launder into the global economy each year for liquidity. That fact was admitted by the U.N. earlier this year.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2009/dec/13/drug-money-banks-saved-un-cfief-claims

We ARE at peak. ... The age of cheap, abundant energy is over, make no mistake about it. ... And it's gluttonous cons who are losing their minds about it the most. ... To the point of pathological denial and rage-addled panic.

Last edited:
Shouldn't we be factoring Alien Abduction and the Aztec Calendar into this, somehow?

Idiot.

So you ask the smarmy question, don't watch the video, and punt to this.

Yup, it's official. You have no response, and haven't for several pages now. Because your baseless "nothing to see here" argument is utterly bankrupt.

You're a Frank Drebbin.

Run along, jaggov. Adults are talking.

Last edited:

Idiot.

So you ask the smarmy question, don't watch the video, and punt to this.

Yup, it's official. You have no response, and haven't for several pages now. Because your baseless "nothing to see here" argument is utterly bankrupt.

You're a Frank Drebbin.

Run along, jaggov. Adults are talking.

I'll let you continue to hallucinate

Because you are so amusing.:cuckoo:

Clown.:lol:

Keep telling yourself that anyone takes your blithering idiotic extrapolations seriously....

No one does

Last edited:

Keep telling yourself that anyone takes your blithering idiotic extrapolations seriously....

No one does

So, to review...

Me: It's happening.
You: No, it's not.
Me: Here's evidence A thru Z, how is it incorrect?
You: I have no idea. But you're dumb. <replete with a whole bunch of infantile emotes>

That's the sound of you finishing last on this sub forum.

Your contribution ended with the best offering you were capable of: ... "yes, oil is infinite... no, we can't predict the future"

From that point on, you became irrelevant... and remain irrelevant.

No one does

So, to review...

Me: It's happening.
You: No, it's not.
Me: Here's evidence A thru Z, how is it incorrect?
You: I have no idea. But you're dumb. <replete with a whole bunch of infantile emotes>

That's the sound of you finishing last on this sub forum.

Your contribution ended with the best offering you were capable of: ... "yes, oil is infinite... no, we can't predict the future"

From that point on, you became irrelevant... and remain irrelevant.

Here's all we need to know:

Lending is based on the assumption of more tomorrow.
When that assumption can no longer be maintained, because the age of growth is showing signs of finally being over, all those investment banks realize they are holding on to bad debt.

Energy is the ability to do work.
Money only represents that ability.
Oil controls EVERYTHING. Period.

How absolutely absurd.

If you said this anywhere outside a discussion board, you'd be committed to the nearest mental ward to protect you from yourself.

You're "arguement/conspiracy theory/rambling nonsense," isn't taken seriously by anyone.

But it is pretty damn amusing.:lol:

When that assumption can no longer be maintained, because the age of growth is showing signs of finally being over, all those investment banks realize they are holding on to bad debt.

How absolutely absurd.

Yes, you keep mentioning this over and over again, but can't qualify what you mean by that. So I'll ask again, and perhaps you'll grow some sack and actually answer:

What about it is absurd?

Please offer more than one smarmy, irrelevant sentence and your litany of pre-pubescent emotes.

Idiot.

Gotta love these dumb fucks. They actually believe that mindless derision is the equal to posting real science. Sammy, you and mdn are made for each other.

Idiot.

Gotta love these dumb fucks. They actually believe that mindless derision is the equal to posting real science. Sammy, you and mdn are made for each other.

Speaking of "mindless derision, The Old Rocks School of Revelant Debate:

1. The sun is hot and will rise in the east.

2. Posted facts....FACTS, DAMNIT!!!

3. not that there's any point......

:eusa_hand:

It certainly isn't any wonder that your blithering idiocy is so widely ignored.

How absolutely absurd.

Yes, you keep mentioning this over and over again, but can't qualify what you mean by that. So I'll ask again, and perhaps you'll grow some sack and actually answer:

What about it is absurd?

Please offer more than one smarmy, irrelevant sentence and your litany of pre-pubescent emotes.

After your convoluted thought process, you conclude

"Oil controls EVERYTHING. Period"

Only a fucking idiot without the abilty to rub a couple of brain cells together would be forced into such a simplistic artificial worldview.

How absolutely absurd.

What about it is absurd?

After your convoluted thought process, you conclude

"Oil controls EVERYTHING. Period"

Only a fucking idiot without the abilty to rub a couple of brain cells together would be forced into such a simplistic artificial worldview.

LOL. You're such an unrivaled prick.

Dude, learn some nuance. Whether you wanna remain willfully obtuse and pretend that summary sentence is to be taken literally, or not... ultimately the statement is still true. It is an oil-based global economy, by and large. Is it not? The global food conveyor belt most certainly IS almost wholly reliant on fossil fuels, every step of the way - from ferlizer to pesticide to distribution, to preparation. ... Are you that far in denial on this subject? Do you think that the market controls energy? No, you need to stop being such a generic arachno-capitalist, and focus and think. ... Energy controls the market. You won't admit it openly, but I have little doubt you know it does.

The markets don't control energy. Energy controls the markets.

Forget for a moment the 90% of our fuel for travel that light crude represents. ... Oil is actually IN almost everything we do and use. Plastics, rubber, asphalt, cosmetics, prosthetics, computer chips, paint, endless etc. ... name an industry that doesn't utterly rely on oil and oil-based products. ... Kinda hard to think of one, isn't it?

but ... you really just accused me of "simplistic?" this from a poster who's been reduced to topic avoidance and emote strands? That's rich.

Anyhow, cool guy.... You bore me. You can't even cover the subject matter, and you're down to smarmy quips and cartoons. So, it's been fun, but I'm gonna talk to the rest of a forum for a bit. Thanks for playing. ...

Last edited:
When confronted with people for whom no amount of evidence or logic is enough, it is reasonable to assume that they are not willing to engage in real discussion and ignore their provocative responses.

Seriously, what's the point of making the rest of us wade past these

Yes it is; no it is; you're stupid, no you are! kind of threads?

If somebody is obviously being obtuse then really... what is the point of harping on it?

Smart people can see their ignorance and don't need to be told that you're facing willful ignorance, and the happily ignorant won't understand your point no matter how much ASCII you devote to their education.

Just a thought, of course.

If you like trading insults with ignoramouses, then by all means have at it!

Last edited:
When confronted with people for whom no amount of evidence or logic is enough, it is reasonable to assume that they are not willing to engage in real discussion and ignore their provocative responses.

If somebody is obviously being obtuse then really... what is the point of harping on it?

Smart people can see their ignorance and don't need to be told that you're facing willful ignorance, and the happily ignorant won't understand your point no matter how much ASCII you devote to their education.

Point taken.

But it's because of principle. The 4-5 interchangeable asses denying peak here are the same people we all run into at work, on softball field, or at the extended family dinner table. You know the kind. ... It's either the Fox Newsy crowd, where America does no wrong, never has. "Mother Earth's fruits are ours and only ours for the taking, and we eat first... and if them thar foreigners don't like it, we should just vaporize em!!" ... Or it's those who insist that the markets and technology will just sort it all out in the time it takes to build a new sports arena. ... Or some combination in between.... Ultimately, it's the kind of person who can not contemplate the phrase "limits to growth." They're simply not wired to let themselves grasp what that concept even is.

and unfortunately, when these kinds of people speak - usually without real data or any sense of fact - impressionable people are often listening.

Last edited:

All very true.

Jiggs isn't here to make a coherent point, because he's been feeding off his dilusion for the past 40 years.

Its Obsessive Compulsion that keeps him going.

You see his provocative responses: I see an endless supply of remarks that have been so convoluted that their seperation from reality has entertainment value.

Do you geniuses think the systemic global financial meltdown is merely the result of the U.S. mortgage crisis and "liberal" lending practices here at home? ... Capitalism requires the illusion of endless growth. When that illusion can no longer be lubricated, the engine burns hot until the gears grind down. That IS what's happening today. And the only thing that saved our ass was the desperate ploy to print more money. ... Well, that and the $500-600 billion in drug cash our corporate banks launder into the global economy each year for liquidity. That fact was admitted by the U.N. earlier this year.

We ARE at peak. ... The age of cheap, abundant energy is over, make no mistake about it. ... And it's gluttonous cons who are losing their minds about it the most. ... To the point of pathological denial and rage-addled panic.

Still braying over how to link every increase in the price of oil with Armageddon?

Of course, when the increase doesn't happen to result in anything, then its called a "spike."

And now you've given a little lecture about "Capitalism: Illusion of Endless Growth."

And "gluttonous cons."

I smell partisan rats: Let me guess, to ward off this impending doom, we'll need to redistrube wealth.....Right?:lol:

Come on, Admit it!! The only way we'll be able to avoid, "When that illusion can no longer be lubricated, the engine burns hot until the gears grind down," is by moving away from "Evul Capitalism," and toward a "Socialist Utopia."

Nice Propaganda.

OIl going up? Do you want an economic recovery or not?
The only way we will have one is for us to pay more for what we already buy.
Price increases have been mostly responsible for any economic recover so far.

Of course even if the economy recovers jobs are gone.
We will not have a "people" recovery, just an economic one.

You really must be playing a role because nobody can be this stupid ........ errr........ wait, that is what the "all so knowing" "progressives" believe....... never mind.
Let's see, you clowns want prices to go up on everything so the poor will really suffer and will flock to government to save them............ you guys really are the biggest jerks, you probably think "30 Rock" is funny and that Joy Behar is a great talk host and beautiful. Y'all live in Bizarro world where everything is the opposite of what is real.

All very true.

He was largely talking about you, jackass. Glad you agree you have nothing to offer, as he mentioned.

Jiggs isn't here to make a coherent point, because he's been feeding off his dilusion for the past 40 years.

Besides the fact that I'm 31, there is nothing I've written that isn't completely coherent. You're either faking ignorant to basic mathematics, or you are one of the dumbest forum pontificators in internet history.

You see his provocative responses: I see an endless supply of remarks that have been so convoluted that their seperation from reality has entertainment value.

If this were the case, you would have no problem crushing each individual point. Instead, you run from them, and punt to personal insinuation. It's all you have.

The next time you actually debate the subject matter will be the first time.

Still braying over how to link every increase in the price of oil with Armageddon?

Who said anything about Armageddon here besides goofy you?

Of course, when the increase doesn't happen to result in anything, then its called a "spike."

And here's you unable, again, to see the differences between short term spikes and longterm price increase. We have both. ... The price... is... rising. And will continue to rise, until demand is crushed again.

And now you've given a little lecture about "Capitalism: Illusion of Endless Growth."

And "gluttonous cons."

I smell partisan rats: Let me guess, to ward off this impending doom, we'll need to redistrube wealth.....Right?:lol:

Come on, Admit it!! The only way we'll be able to avoid, "When that illusion can no longer be lubricated, the engine burns hot until the gears grind down," is by moving away from "Evul Capitalism," and toward a "Socialist Utopia."

Nice Propaganda.

Another baseless strawman. Don't assume my solutions for me, you arrogant dick.

Correction: The first step to solving a problem is simply admitting there is a problem. No one said anything about socialism or wealth distribution.

Could you be more of a drama queen?

Forum List

Back