Oil headed for $120/bbl. Obama wants to buy more from foerigners

I predict that the world's petroleum and natural gas industries have the science, resources, manpower and brainpower to meet hydrocarbon demand well into the forseeable future. The only roadblocks are politics, economics, and misguided public perceptions.

I predict that the world's petroleum and natural gas industries have the science, resources, manpower and brainpower to meet hydrocarbon demand well into the forseeable future. The only roadblocks are politics, economics, and misguided public perceptions.

yeah the forseeable future for most of us is very limited though 4 or 5 years it seems.

tff.....

when oil goes up under a bush presidency = bad

when oil goes up under an obama presidency = good

no one said that.... who here said that? ... cons have nothing in their arsenal but personal attack and straw man argument.

it doesn't matter what president.... oil price is going up because there's not enough of it to satisfy demand.

Speaking of nothing in your arsenal I just searched for a thread started by Jiggs with all these great facts and sources and I cannot find one.

I hope Jiggs steps up to my challenge, which I must modify, start a thread with your great facts, studies, and microsoft paint graphs.

I will relish, "pushing your face into the facts".

Step up Jiggs, where is your thread.

I know you appear to often have some functional illiteracy problems ... But my narratives, links and data on this topic are peppered throughout threads like this one, created by some real "intellectuals" on your side of the debate:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/94318-oil-5.html

and this one:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energ...date-massive-find-in-shallow-gulf-waters.html

and this one:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/112451-2-5-trillion-barrels-of-oil-shale-oil.html

Educate yourself.

Last edited:
Where Jiggs and his fellow "Peak Oil" Chicken Littles begin to be amusing is when they begin to predict the future, for which they have no realistic POV, and for which there is no data: However, since drama keeps us entertained, they paint as dark a picture as possible.

The entire capitalistic model, which you likely masturbate over nightly, relies on predicting the future to some degree of certainty.

There goes that half-argument.

Gawd, do you ever suck at this topic. Maybe sit the next few plays out, Champ.

Flying into Houston from Tampa last month, we flew over the Gulf of Mexico. As we were approaching Beaumont, Texas, I counted 19 oil tankers anchored off shore........ just siting there. Most of the refineries are between Lake Charles, Louisiana and Galveston, what should we think of that.

no one said that.... who here said that? ... cons have nothing in their arsenal but personal attack and straw man argument.

it doesn't matter what president.... oil price is going up because there's not enough of it to satisfy demand.

Speaking of nothing in your arsenal I just searched for a thread started by Jiggs with all these great facts and sources and I cannot find one.

I hope Jiggs steps up to my challenge, which I must modify, start a thread with your great facts, studies, and microsoft paint graphs.

I will relish, "pushing your face into the facts".

Step up Jiggs, where is your thread.

I know you appear to often have some functional illiteracy problems ... But my narratives, links and data on this topic are peppered throughout threads like this one, created by some real "intellectuals" on your side of the debate:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/94318-oil-5.html

and this one:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energ...date-massive-find-in-shallow-gulf-waters.html

and this one:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/112451-2-5-trillion-barrels-of-oil-shale-oil.html

Educate yourself.

Thank you, I just educated myself, you are one stupid mother fucker, but maybe I am the stupid one, for wasting my time looking for your link, there is none, not one. Thats why you have not started a thread, your all rhetoric.

I followed each link you just provided and there is not one link to peak oil, that is what we are discussing, not tar fields and dinosaurs.

I can see why you have not provided a link here to your information to support your mouth is this thread, you do not have one.

This is an active thread, provide a link, give me something, even the name of the study or research paper you refer to.

I did follow links in your posts about tar and dinosaurs, they led to an article about tar and dinosaurs.

The Jig is up, Jiggs will not provide any information at all, just a link to a thread in which what I am discussing is not discussed. Go dig up your own information and post it here if its so relevant.

Talk about a retarded way for Jiggs to claim she is right, a link to another thread, about Dinosaurs and Tar.

Thanks, but I did not need to go to another thread to find nothing, you posted nothing here, stupid to think you posted the information elsewhere.

A few years ago while on a flight out of L.A., I struck up a conversation with a guy who managed investment portfolios for major universities. He scored big on the 2007 flight to commodities, especially crude oil futures. At that time oil was on the way down and he asked me when we might see a rebound. After some thought I told him "three, maybe four years". He turned away and didn't talk to me for the rest of the flight. He was just some intellectual little fucker with no concept of real world business practices.

Until any of you have actually gone out and drilled a hole in the ground, don't bother debating me about crude oil because that's where this shit goes down. Try raising tens of thousands- or hundredes of thousands- of dollars on a promise. Take that money to a corn field in the middle of nowhere and watch the money disappear foot by foot into a slimy mud pit of a hole. Catch the drill samples, bag and tag, analyze them and put them under a black light hoping to find some flourescense. Then contract a geological logging crew for thousands of more dollars and hope you've got some porosity because you've got a dozen investors breathing down your neck.

And when there isn't so much as a dry fuck, you count your losses and pick up the pieces and do it all over again because you know if you play the odds you'll eventually hit a good well.

A good well- maybe 50 barrels per day initial production. That might last a few months until the decline kicks in. Then you go back and drill another hole in the ground just to inject water- hoping that it will inccrease the bottom hole pressure and force out more oil. After 5 years or so you find yourself circulating that water just to make a few barrels in a day.

It can be good money if the price is right. But you're not a price maker-- you're a price taker, you go with what the market bears. One year up- the next down. Average that over the 150 year history of petroleum in the U.S. and it comes out to just that-- an average living.

The folks that find and produce over 85% of the oil and natural gas in the U.S. are independently owned companies- most often very small business owners. Yet they are in constant competition with multi-national corporations and often don't stand a chance in the world market.

Your heads are inserted into your asses if you think that this country has a rat's ass chance of competing in a global market with respect to conventional hydrocarbon production. YET- this is some bad shit, oil. So bad that our own government supresses its own citizens in favor of imports.

Thank you, I just educated myself, you are one stupid mother fucker, but maybe I am the stupid one, for wasting my time looking for your link, there is none, not one. Thats why you have not started a thread, your all rhetoric.

I followed each link you just provided and there is not one link to peak oil, that is what we are discussing, not tar fields and dinosaurs.

I can see why you have not provided a link here to your information to support your mouth is this thread, you do not have one.

This is an active thread, provide a link, give me something, even the name of the study or research paper you refer to.

I did follow links in your posts about tar and dinosaurs, they led to an article about tar and dinosaurs.

The Jig is up, Jiggs will not provide any information at all, just a link to a thread in which what I am discussing is not discussed. Go dig up your own information and post it here if its so relevant.

LOL... you keep telling yourself that, wonder kid. Obviously you didn't look very long or far.

So your criteria is thread creation? And your beef is that I post in OTHERS' threads, and not create my own? ... Wow... what a drama queen.

What I provided in those threads is irrefutable. I know this. Further bolstered because no one on your hopey side of the fence can refute it.

No one can explain how or why these international watchdog entities, who have no ties to eachother, are all 'wrong' or lying. No one can effectively spin the Joint Chiefs' JOE report on world energy reserves, or how the U.S. Dept. of Energy's assessment of 10 million barrel per day shortfall by 2015 is misguided. No one can effectively argue against the IEA's past three annual world energy outlook reports, which have gotten more and more dire. How no one can dispute the findings of the German government's think tank study, or that of the Univ. of Oxford, or the CEO of Total Oil. ... all of whom have concluded that we face a catastrophic and imminent emergency regarding world energy reserves. They must all be in cohoots. :rolleyes:

I mean, the best argument your tired camp has brought to the table (at this web site, anyway) ... I mean the VERY best, is Samson's half-assed proclamation that "no one can predict the future." That's it.

So, yay. I guess you're right. No one can predict the future, you got us. ....:clap2:

Nevermind the trends, the data, the anemic rate of discovery, the global demand curve with no end in sight... the mere time it takes to transfer to some other energy infrastructure, IF we ever found and agreed upon some miracle cure as soon as tomorrow... Nevermind the state of the world, ... nevermind the systemic collapse of the global ecomony. The unresolvable banking, private real estate and credit crisis, which grows worse with each passing month. ... Forget global geopolitics, where hot zones ONLY flare up near volatile oil or oil transporting nations. Forget the trillions we spend sustaining unpopular occupations of foreign sovereign nations, for years on end, under the guise of "safety at home." :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's all just a big conspiracy. It's a big ruse being put on the American people for the sake of "liberal profit," or evil OPEC cartels, or whatever imaginary ghost you clowns can conjure up to explain it all away for yourselves. ... Anything rather than actual THINKING, and pragmatism.

You guys are so fucking lost. ... And I don't just mean this web site, I mean everywhere among the "nothing to see here" crowd, where your tired "drill baby drill" talking points get chirped loud and proud. .... So sad.... Because it's all right there in front of your nose, ... easily accessible via multi-million dollar world energy assessments that anyone can read for themselves, but that the dumbed-down glamor media never dares acknowledge. .... So instead you create a narrative for yourselves that assigns partisan blame, extrapolates agenda that doesn't exist, amplifies small deviations of data, pretends conspiratorial motives and stalls solutions.

I don't need to create a thread, you moron. My replies here stand on their own, rather buoyantly.

See this chart?

IEA%20Press%20Release%20-%20Slide%208.png

It's been provided to the world by the latest annual International Energy Agency report. You know, the world energy watchdog that keeps Big Oil and OPEC accountable.

It's been presented here several times, by me. Perhaps you missed it. That light blue wedge is where the burden falls on your goofy argument. That's the "as yet unidentifiable" volume of energy that your hope-based platform has to define in order to prove peak is "nothing to see here." The problem is, you guys can't find it. You can not atone for 10 million barrels per day in shortfall, which is the amount that will be needed by 2015, just to offset depletion and maintain stasis for a lifestyle that people like you rely on.

It's the same as this chart, put forth by our very own US Energy Information Administration (EIA).

EIA-world-liquid-fuels-supply.jpg

Same ones that are accepted and acted upon by our own military's highest command, in their Joint Operating Environment report.

Then, of course, there's these men, retired and acting petroleum CEOs and geologists who are somehow IN on the great conspiracy... And somehow lying to the world. ... You know, for God knows what reason: :rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7QGbNKxoQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUVY2qrEfd8[/ame]

That enough documentation for you as to what my argument is and how I've represented it? Or do you need some more? I have plenty.

Stop lying to yourself.

Last edited:
I wonder what will happen when the democratically elected govt of Iraq rejoins OPEC?
that was when Sadam went from being a supported ally to a terrist despotic dictator in America's eyes.

Is that when our CIA paid attempted assassin (Saddam Hussein) fell from favor at Longley?

I wondered what caused him to lose his most favored CIA toadie status.

Where Jiggs and his fellow "Peak Oil" Chicken Littles begin to be amusing is when they begin to predict the future, for which they have no realistic POV, and for which there is no data: However, since drama keeps us entertained, they paint as dark a picture as possible.

The entire capitalistic model, which you likely masturbate over nightly, relies on predicting the future to some degree of certainty.

There goes that half-argument.

Gawd, do you ever suck at this topic. Maybe sit the next few plays out, Champ.

We note your mysterious omission of your prediction?

Well, Jiggs, what is it now? 2015? 2050...2100?

War? Financial Ruin? Godzilla?

I'm always as amused by your dramatic versions of science fiction as I am any B-rated Film from the 1950's that have Giant Ants attacking New York.

Jiggs, nice rant, quit your whining, you come into this thread or another active thread and tell me to go search for all your posts in dozens of places, I dont have time to waste, not like that, your a moron if you think anyone will search all your posts for one link.

So I followed your link, to another thread, with a link, why in the hell cant you just post your dumb-ass link here if its relevant and the knowledge is at the top of your head.

Why cant you explain anything about the peak oil theory, right here, right now, other than a Microsoft Paint graphic.

Microsoft Paint means nothing, your idea of debate, stating you have stated this in the past and I am ignoring it pretty moronic.

So I follow your link to another thread, which has your Microsoft Paint Graph, I see a link in that post, which I follow to a website, not a scientific or scholarly website, and there is your Microsoft Paint Graph you "cut and pasted".

So right now, after a dozen posts, I get a link to a thread, with a link to a website, with a link to another website, which linked to another website, which was suppose to have the study or research paper, but does not.

Jiggs, you dont know shit, post a link to your peak oil theory, where is the theory, why the circular bullshit, moron.

Wow, your right, I am so sorry. Great debate, you proved your point, that I am an idiot for trying to debate a moron.

Jiggs did you read your link, I took this from it, this is your idea of debate, explaining peak oil theory?

http://www.peakoil.net/files/JOE2010.pdf

Thus, individuals and their idiosyncrasies, genius, and incompetence, are major actors in these
disruptions. Perhaps the worst president in American history, James Buchanan, was followed by possibly
the greatest, Abraham Lincoln. Individuals invariably remain the prisoners of their cultural and historical
frame of reference, which makes the ability to understand, still less to predict, the actions of other
states and other leaders difficult. Yet we should not allow this to discourage us from gaining as deep
an understanding as possible of the historical influences of potential political and military leaders at the
strategic, operational, and tactical level

The precise nature of a “hard landing” of this sort is difficult to predict should creditor nations such as
China demand higher interest rates, increasing the perception that the U.S. no longer controls its own
financial fate.
This dynamic could encourage the establishment of new reserve currencies as global
economic actors search for alternatives to the dollar. Changing conditions in the global economy could
likewise have important implications for global security also, including a decreased ability of the United
States to allocate resources for defense purposes, less purchasing power for available dollars, and
shifting power relationships around the world in ways unfavorable to global stability.

Jiggs, maybe your should define what you believe "peak oil theory" is.

I am two thirds of the way down your link and this is all I see.

Jiggs, where is the Peak Oil theory you base your claims on, all I see is you read propaganda and thus present propaganda as proof of a theory you have not seen.

It's clear you're just stuck on stupid. Or you're faking ignorance to stall from having to actually acknowledge something that's presented almost every time I post on the subject.

How can you not get it, at this point, and still attempt to run your mouth on the topic day after day? Everyone else gets it, why are you feigning ignorance?

Anyhow, here's a good summation of what peak refers to, dumbass.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/energy/143346-b-oil-gusher-in-california-b.html#post3034843

In fact, douche, you posted IN the thread itself. Yeah, I'll say you're faking it. Or you just don't read well.

Old Rocks posted a fine link right below that one that sums up peak oil. Perhaps you missed that also.

http://www.energybulletin.net/primer.php

Last edited:
Jiggs, where is the Peak Oil theory you base your claims on, all I see is you read propaganda and thus present propaganda as proof of a theory you have not seen.

It's clear you're just stuck on stupid. Or you're faking ignorance to stall from having to actually acknowledge something that's presented almost every time I post on the subject.

How can you not get it, at this point, and still attempt to run your mouth on the topic day after day? Everyone else gets it, why are you feigning ignorance?

Anyhow, here's a good summation of what peak refers to, dumbass.

Peak oil explains almost everything happening in global conflict zones, and western geopolitics today - from 9/11 to the housing/lending bubble to Iraq to Deepwater Horizon to the desperate horizontal fracking and strip mining of the U.S. and Canada.
chickie.gif

If it wasn't happening, our leaders wouldn't be doing the incredibly dangerous and violent things they do.

chickie.gif

But to admit this geological certainty openly in the mass media would lead to the collapse of global markets for a ponzi scheme which is utterly dependent on the illusion of confidence.
chickie.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

Jiggs, your moronically simple worldview never ceases to amuse me.

:eusa_shhh:

Who will the liberals blame, now that GWB is out of office?

Perhans The Obama and his 'Cash for Clunkers' program putting all those SUVs on the road?

I am -sure- this will have a positive effect on The Obama's economic recovery efforts.

There is painful irony here for you, considering you constantly respond to a complex post with moronic simplicity. You never go deeper as to why because you can't. Your best retort, still laughable, was "no one can predict the future."

You keep trying this, yet you keep cowering from actually countering the data when challenged. You're horrible at this, but worse, you're arrogantly insistent that it's not a problem worth addressing merely because you "hope" it's not true.

Tool.

Last edited:

There is painful irony here for you, considering you constantly respond to a complex post with moronic simplicity. You never go deeper as to why because you can't. Your best retort, still laughable, was "no one can predict the future."

You keep trying this, yet you keep cowering from actually countering the data when challenged. You're horrible at this, but worse, you're arrogantly insistent that it's not a problem worth addressing merely because you "hope" it's not true.

Tool.

You should post in the "Conspiracy Theory" forum with all the other nuts.:lol:

Why? When i can stay right here and keep kicking your ass all over the sub forum on a topic WAY over your pay grade, and beyond your apparent comprehension?

More irony though, considering you peak deniers are the ones suggesting the "conspiracy." We don't say anything about any conspiracy, we follow basic mathmetical data. It's YOU clowns who squawk conspiracy, going on and on about how Big Oil, or OPEC, or liberal law makers are "hiding teh oilz" from us!!

Dumb ass.

Why? When i can stay right here and keep kicking your ass all over the sub forum on a topic WAY over your pay grade, and beyond your apparent comprehension?

More irony though, considering you peak deniers are the ones suggesting the "conspiracy." We don't say anything about any conspiracy, we follow basic mathmetical data. It's YOU clowns who squawk conspiracy, going on and on about how Big Oil, or OPEC, or liberal law makers are "hiding teh oilz" from us!!

Dumb ass.

I suppose trying to insert your absurd conspiracy theories outside the nutcase conspiracy forum forum gives you some sense of relevance.

You're quite deluded if you think you offer anything but comic relief.:lol:

But do continue: How exactly does Peak Oil, "explain the housing/lending bubble?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Entertain us, Clown.

Forum List

Back