Ohio softball coach, 31, faces years in prison after she 'had sex with a 17-year-old student eight times.....Guilty or Not?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
An Ohio softball coach who allegedly had sex with a 17-year-old student eight times including in the back of a car could be jailed for up to five years.

Ashley Rison, 31, an ex high school PE teacher, pleaded guilty to charges of sexual battery and gross sexual imposition on October 12 at Butler County Common Pleas Court.

Authorities obtained footage of her allegedly having sex with a 17-year-old student in the back seat of a car eight times in April 2021. She is currently waiting for the final trial on November 16, set by Judge Dan Haughey, in which she could be registered as a sex offender.

Rison was given a GPS tracker after paying 10 per cent of her $10,000 bail.

The 31-year-old worked at the New Miami school as a softball and basketball coach from August 2015.

Assistant Prosecutor Lindsay Sheehan also stated: 'In addition to what the child tells us, we do have recordings between Ms. Rison and the child of where Ms. Rison makes multiple incriminating statements in asking, begging the child not to report her to the authorities.'

She quit her job on May 3, 2021, the day the crimes arrived at the Butler County Sheriff's Office.

Ohio softball coach 'had sex with a 17-year-old student'

I know, why is it even a question? ;)

"Perp" on right.

3783D05F-F477-4C4C-8F07-BBCFEC850964_jpe-2562887.JPG

Not guilty if it was a young man she boinked, guilty as hell if it was a young woman.

Where the hell were all these teachers when I was in school?

They must have had this dame dead to rights for a guilty plea here.

In my day, a 17 yo boy who reported such a crime would be considered a liar.

Statutory rape. A person under the age of 18 cannot legally give consent to sex with an adult. What's the problem?

Utterly ridiculous. She was copulating with a 17-year-old male student.

While the legalities are perverse in the extreme, the biological fact is that she did not "rape" anyone. He was a willing - probably enthusiastic - participant. And he was not harmed in any way.

I guarantee that the people behind the prosecution are middle-aged women. There is no other possibility.

We are all bozos on this bus.

When I was in HS I would have cut my arm off in exchange for a 31 y.o. teacher like this, lol. The only time I would have talked was to brag to my friends about it...which is probably what got her in trouble in the first place. I mean, come on, lady did you really think this would stay a secret, lol?

Statutory rape. A person under the age of 18 cannot legally give consent to sex with an adult. What's the problem?

I get it - the law's the law, but 5 years seems extreme. I mean if she has priors...okay, maybe a stiffer - er, I mean, harsher - punishment is warranted.

An Ohio softball coach who allegedly had sex with a 17-year-old student eight times including in the back of a car could be jailed for up to five years.

Ashley Rison, 31, an ex high school PE teacher, pleaded guilty to charges of sexual battery and gross sexual imposition on October 12 at Butler County Common Pleas Court.

Authorities obtained footage of her allegedly having sex with a 17-year-old student in the back seat of a car eight times in April 2021. She is currently waiting for the final trial on November 16, set by Judge Dan Haughey, in which she could be registered as a sex offender.

Rison was given a GPS tracker after paying 10 per cent of her $10,000 bail.

The 31-year-old worked at the New Miami school as a softball and basketball coach from August 2015.

Assistant Prosecutor Lindsay Sheehan also stated: 'In addition to what the child tells us, we do have recordings between Ms. Rison and the child of where Ms. Rison makes multiple incriminating statements in asking, begging the child not to report her to the authorities.'

She quit her job on May 3, 2021, the day the crimes arrived at the Butler County Sheriff's Office.

Ohio softball coach 'had sex with a 17-year-old student'

I know, why is it even a question? ;)

"Perp" on right.

3783D05F-F477-4C4C-8F07-BBCFEC850964_jpe-2562887.JPG

If I was 17 and she jumped me, I would have thought I died and went to Heaven!

We need some common sense with this.

Fire her for unprofessional relations with a student. Sex with a sixteen to seventeen year old should be a misdemeanor, not a felony, maybe an additional misdemeanor of teacher relations with student.

Fifteen to thirteen and twelve and under are more severe crimes.

We need some common sense with this.

Fire her for unprofessional relations with a student. Sex with a sixteen to seventeen year old should be a misdemeanor, not a felony, maybe an additional misdemeanor of teacher relations with student.

Fifteen to thirteen and twelve and under are more severe crimes.
Common sense would dictate that a teacher would understand the legal implications of having intercourse with a underage student.

Forum List

Back